To the ar*ehole driving the Range Rover today... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

VO2Max

To the ar*ehole driving the Range Rover today...

...what are you on buddy? I'm out on a training ride on my bike and I come to a small village (Standon) where I'm about to go up the little high street and turn left at the end. You reverse out in front of me - that's OK, I wasn't that close - but then you slowly pull away and then dawdle in the road. I get fed up waiting and ride past you, only to see that although you have a very expensive brand new Range Rover, you don't have a hands-free kit, which you are showing off by talking down a phone which you have up against your ear . As I go past, I cop a good look and shout out 'nice to see you're on your phone mate'. I turn left and as I pull away, you roar up behind, leaning on your horn - continuously. You overtake me, leaning on your horn continuously and then drive off up the road, leaning on your horn continuously. I think you're a w4nker, so I chase after you and bloody well nearly catch you - doing 30mph sprinting up the drag on the A120 out of the village - yes, I was that p*ssed off. Couldn't quite make it, sadly, although my gestures would leave you in no doubt as to what I thought of you.

Anyone know a ***** who drives a funereal-looking Range Rover with a plate like N18 NPP, living near Bishops Stortford?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nev

Re: To the ar*ehole driving the Range Rover today...

Dob him in C.

VO2Max

Eh, Nev?

Nev

Quote:
Originally Posted by VO2Max View Post
Eh, Nev?
Grass him up.

AO Platinum Member

County: Shropshire

How about a nice new paint remover re-spray?
VO2Max

Funny you should say that Nev, I have had it with pricks like him who do wrong, and then give ME a hard time for it!

I believe there is a way of getting his home address from his number plate, am I right? Don't worry, I won't do anything silly - I'll just flyer all his neighbours with a description of what he did and write on his car in shaving foam 'hello everyone, I am the ******** on the phone who doesn't give a sh*t'.

AO Silver Member

County: Cheshire

Member car:

Seat Ateca SE

If you've got the reg, call up your local Plod station and grass him up. Happened to a friend of mine. He got home after one or two overtaing manouvres that must have annoyed someone and fifteen minutes after he got in there was a knock on the door from the boys in blue wanting a word in the back of the car. No tickets or amything just a very stern one way conversation
He changed his driving style for while after that.
VO2Max

Hmm, not a bad idea. I am not exactly sure of the number plate. It was something like that though. And I think he lives in the area because he'd just been in the post office.

AO Platinum Member

County: Surrey

excerpt from 4x4owner.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08RangeRover
I couldn't believe it this lunchtime, I was driving gently along keeping to the speed limit when some nutter on a bike decides to overtake me in a really dangerous spot, even though I wouldn't consider using a mobile whilst driving a quickly rang the police to report the chav ... as he overtook me he made rude signs to me most of which I didn't understand being an upstanding member of my local church, I gave him a quick toot of my horn at which point he comes racing after me, frighted for my life I drove off as quick as I can ...

VO2Max

LMAO!!!!

He's probably the local Vicar too!

Rayq81

@ 156Chris

AO Silver Member

County: Cheshire

Member car:

Seat Ateca SE

As seen on "Vicar-forum.com"
"Dear Lord, Forgive me for what I have done this lunchtime. I was happily driving along after posting a letter to the Bishop about health and fitness in the church, when some chav, I think thats the word, on a bicycle I think came up to the side of the car that the parishoners so gratefully provided to get me around the parish and visit all the ladies who are at home all day, and proceeded to verbally abuse me with signs and language. The cyclist then proceeded to overtake me near the duck pond. The ducks went scattering and I was forced to hang back as this cyclist then slowly went along the road, I was almost late for my 1pm appointment with the delightful Lady Mucka. I touched my horn to get this lads attention as I thought he looked ill and perhaps that was the reason for his gestures and slow pedalling. By the time I got to the lady's house I was only fit for a lie down..."
AO Silver Member

County: North Yorkshire

Member car:

Jaguar XF3.0DS

What they've all said - suggest a word with the local plod may be in order. A quick check shows N18NPP as a Silver Chrysler Voyager whereas N8NPP is a Black Range Rover.
AO Platinum Member

County: Surrey

Sounds like you better post on Better Driving Please

(here was my report Happy Mans Bad Parking )
VO2Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfamack View Post
As seen on "Vicar-forum.com"
"Dear Lord, Forgive me for what I have done this lunchtime. I was happily driving along after posting a letter to the Bishop about health and fitness in the church, when some chav, I think thats the word, on a bicycle I think came up to the side of the car that the parishoners so gratefully provided to get me around the parish and visit all the ladies who are at home all day, and proceeded to verbally abuse me with signs and language. The cyclist then proceeded to overtake me near the duck pond. The ducks went scattering and I was forced to hang back as this cyclist then slowly went along the road, I was almost late for my 1pm appointment with the delightful Lady Mucka. I touched my horn to get this lads attention as I thought he looked ill and perhaps that was the reason for his gestures and slow pedalling. By the time I got to the lady's house I was only fit for a lie down..."

VO2Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3lvc View Post
What they've all said - suggest a word with the local plod may be in order. A quick check shows N18NPP as a Silver Chrysler Voyager whereas N8NPP is a Black Range Rover.
That'll be the b4stard then! How did you check that, on the DVLA website or summat?

VO2Max

Bloody hell, just phoned the police, they logged it and said if it went any further, would I be prepared to stand up in court? Yes, says I!

mudhut

Good result and a whole lot more satisfying than betterdrivingplease. Is he in for a surprise soon!

AO Silver Member

County: North Yorkshire

Member car:

Jaguar XF3.0DS

Quote:
Bloody hell, just phoned the police, they logged it and said if it went any further, would I be prepared to stand up in court? Yes, says I!
Got the make/model from a free RAC check

Suspect the vehicle is 'known' hence the plod response - if so suggest you don't take matters into your own hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudhut View Post
Is he in for a surprise soon!
No

VO2Max

I certainly won't take it into my own hands - and if this guy has 'previous' for 'whatever', he could be the local gangster, hence the stinking attitude problem. I guess if it goes to court, he'll find out my address!

But he bloody deserves to, he was a right git!

Could be another Kenneth Noye

Quote:
I certainly won't take it into my own hands - and if this guy has 'previous' for 'whatever', he could be the local gangster, hence the stinking attitude problem. I guess if it goes to court, he'll find out my address!

Max - unless this guy walks into a police station and confesses - you can safely assume that no action will be taken....
AO Silver Member

Quote:

Hi, Max

You have my greatest repect.
For we cannot carp about our Nations
lack of law and order
if we choose too sit on the fence.

Once again,respect.

John.
AO Platinum Member

County: Essex

Hope he get's a knock on the door.

******!
AO Silver Member

County: Kent

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisd_b View Post
Max - unless this guy walks into a police station and confesses - you can safely assume that no action will be taken....
A quick check with his mobile phone provider will demonstrate the time he was on the phone, and a positive ID, from our upstanding member of AO.

Guilty as charged M'lud.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page