and another thing - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 9 Old 10-08-08 Thread Starter

and another thing

Are we (the British People) being completely hoodwinked. Are the government driving the economy in such a way that we will, in the near future, be seeing one pound to one euro on the exchange rate? Thus making us in effect join the euro beacuse they will be worth the same?

It stinks to me since I believe it was an area Tony B liar was unsuccesful with during his term but one he was advised on by one Gordon Brown. It was never going to happen that we would join the Euro without a referendum but this way its going to be a case of "well theyre worth the same now anyway so what harm will it do?"

I'm properly up on my high horse on top of my soapbox. I appologise but I cant help feeling I'm being conned and I dont like to be conned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Lake District
Garage
Re: and another thing

So much for the Great British pound
Rayq81

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeper2201 View Post
I'm properly up on my high horse on top of my soapbox. I appologise but I cant help feeling I'm being conned and I dont like to be conned.
Im afraid i have said this before but ......"this goverment are the biggest load of lying, cheating, robbing, conning bunch of theives ever to have held office" (Thatcher was a close second ) but we keep letting them in and we keep falling for the lies, welcome to Britain, close the door on your way out :2:

AO Silver Member

County: Kent

I thought they had got everything rather well under control
Global Mod Team

County: Suffolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayq81 View Post
Thatcher was a close second
Nah - she has the alltime achievement award.

I'd happily contribute to her state funeral - with the proviso that it takes place tomorrow.

Paul.
AO Silver Member

County: -

I dont think there is any real conspiracy going on regarding the euro rubbish, i do however think that we are all screwed and will be for a very long time. The next government will rid us of everything and blame it on Labour saying its necessary to get the country back on track. It will be easy for whoever it is (probably the cons-ervatives) to use Labour as a scapegoat. I am dreading it. Think things are rough now, wait and see.

I think i am going to cry....

Yep i am....
mudhut

Way back when the ERM was fresh in memory and the Euro was not quite there, the government of the day always maintained that we would (re)join "if the conditions were right". At least that's how I remember it but it was a long time ago.

Now, as the Pound and Euro converge, I think that jeeper is right. Once parity has been achieved I expect an announcement that we will switch to the euro. Whether it happens is anybody's guess - there are some who won't like the loss of Sterling, that's for sure. The governmnent have robbed us of individuality, lost our identities etc., so I suppose one more kick in the knackers won't hurt (much)...

What it all means in economic terms is beyond me, I'm no economist or I wouldn't have a GTA!

We should of gone Euro when the pound was worth something
VO2Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
Nah - she has the alltime achievement award.

I'd happily contribute to her state funeral - with the proviso that it takes place tomorrow.

Paul.
...I'd happily contribute to her death!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page