****ed off........ - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

bobster

****ed off........

Long story but better out than in I guess.

Right wife has a Fiat Stilo 1.2, 3 weeks ago she was stopped at a stop sign on a staggered jcn.

This 2 cars came across from the jcn & passed her ,then a chancer followed in a Ford Ranger but there was a car on the main road they were crossing right upon him so he cut the corner & caught the miss's car at the front.

He scraped the front off the car in between the headlight & the front wheel & on the spoiler below the headlight, it was mainly the plastic from the wheel arches.
the headlight was unmarked & worked fine (I will post some photo's of the damage) this plonker gets out of his Ranger & started shouting at my wife blaming her , thankfuly the bloke in the car that was cut up by this **** had stopped & came over & told him he was going to be her witness & she had not crossed the line but he had cut the corner.

Anyway she gave him her details & he gave her an address but no tel number or Insurance details.

He pointed to a dent on his car which was level with the top of the wheel arch but about 4 inchs back.

Before he left he walked over to her car (which she had moved to a safer place to park) & started taking photo's of every side of her car, she asked him why he was taking photo's of the that was not involved ie the N\side he did not answer but he quickly left.

Wife told me about it when she got home from work ,I went around to the address & the house was empty ,no curtains ,no furniture & all freshly painted ?....no answer so I walked around to the rear of the house & there was this Ranger parked in the rear garden ,i took some photo's of the car ,the dent is about 8 - 10 inch's higher than the marks on the wife's car.

So I went home & nearly as soon as I stepped in her mobile phone rang, it was this guy saying he has a few quotes for the work, I said look mate I want your insurance details etc & asked why he gave an address that is empty house.

he then says "was that you that was just around here" i said yes, Now I dont know about you but If some one knocked on my door then after no answer carried on around the rear of my house & started taking photo's I'd be out like a shot ..??

So its gone to the insurance & what a palava

They wanted to send it off to a approved car repairers, I said I know a very good bodyshop that are Mercedes approved but they said but not approved by us.

So they took the car away to the garage on a monday ,Tuesday they phoned up to say that the garage that it was taken to was not an approved garage any more as it had changed hands ,so now the nearest "approved" garage was in Gloucester City, a long way off.

After another 2 days they phoned us to say that it was going to stay at the original garage? I asked why this "Unapproved " garage can do the work but not the garage I chose could not ? Mumble mumble Etc.
Mmmm .......so another week goes by & nothing up to now we had declined a courtesy car as the broker told us it would be over in a few days & wife had organised a lift to & from work.

The car came back last Tuesday wife ran out all happy to pay the £150 excess but came back in with a long face, there's a nasty sharp crease in the rear wing just in front of the rear wheel , & they had fitted a new bumper but the new bupers rubber over ridrers had a split in it that I could actually peel back & trap water etc, the young guy delivering the car did we want the car ???? Err not really.

They phoned up to say that it was like this when it was brought to them not a cahnce anyway they wont back down but now we picked the car up they have tried to get the crease out but its a crease & it just wont happen.

The insurance company are rubbish ,the garage are liar's & useless
& I now have to hope the Legal side can claim her £150 excess back ...........looks doubtful even with the witness ...why I dont know but there we are.

The insurance will be winners as Wife will lose her NC so will this bloke, both will lose there Excess & the premiums that follow will go up .they are trying to say "Knock for Knock "

Sorry it was so long ............

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

Re: ****ed off........

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobster View Post
Sorry it was so long ............
No apologies necessary Bobster. Sorry to read about this, not a nice position to be in.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page