Banks trying it on - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

EddieGTA

TUT Banks trying it on

I wont mention the bank as they have just refunded me, and re-instated the 0% interest.

But I have a credit card that I took out to take advantage of a 0% transfer deal, and since taking it out I have put nothing on it and always paid at least if not more than the minimum payment.

Tonight the statement arrived and there is a 12 late fee and it said next month i would be charged interest as I broke the terms. The payment date was the 15th July, and on my internet banking the payment was made on the 15th.

I phoned them up and all it took was 2 minutes to a guy in Delhi, who apologised and refunded the 12 a reinstated the 0%

I wonder how many people wouldn't have bothered and let it go, a nice little earner they have there!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Re: Banks trying it on

I've had nothing but trouble with BOS's credit cards and the wording used on their internet banking. I contacted them half a dozen times and everytime I "fixed" the problem I incurred more fees. Card's getting cancelled this week.

With LloydsTSB I have a problem with slightly going overdrawn. They push for internet banking but when you go overdrawn they send you a letter by which time I've incurred 4 charges...why not an email??? I suggested this to them on previous occasions to no avail. Not been overdrawn this year until last week where I went £1.68 overdrawn, out comes the letter saying I owe them £21!!! Think I'll be paying visit.

I've pretty much had it with banks, got no time for them.
Global Mod Team

County: Suffolk
Re: Banks trying it on

An even more important reason for getting it corrected is that even one missed/late payment affects your credit rating in these hard times.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page