It makes my blood boil. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 21 Old 21-07-08 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Devon

Member car:

159 1.9jtdm

It makes my blood boil.

Why oh why do people refuse to maintain their cars? Its all well and good getting it fixed when it goes wrong but try explaining to people that if they maintain the car then it wont go wrong half as much.

Today at work.......Jill (one of my sales team) comes up to me and says
'Stu, can you look at my car, the brakes arent working'
Me 'what do you mean not working? soft, spongy or completely not working'
Jill 'Completely not working, a red parking light has been on my dash for the last fortnight'
Me 'So how did you get in?'
Jill 'Drove it' WTF!!!!!

I have now banned her from driving it (under pain of a firing) and have to get a bloody stupid pug205 back to my place as its more than likely one of the brake cylinders has gone

I did ask when she last checked the brake fluid and the response i got was 'where is that then'

When i explained that by driving it she was endangering other peoples lives all i got was a shrug of the shoulders
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Dubayy

Member car:

Alfa-less

Re: It makes my blood boil.

Regional Support
For Lincolnshire - AOL

I also dislike people who display no " mechanical sympathy, ", a typical one is people who just yank the handbrake hard on, no thought of just easing it on, a good hard pull will do it in their eyes.

P'rhaps I should re phrase this, but then again, why bother !
(Post Link) post #4 of 21 Old 21-07-08 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

159 1.9jtdm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige005 View Post
I also dislike people who display no " mechanical sympathy, ", a typical one is people who just yank the handbrake hard on, no thought of just easing it on, a good hard pull will do it in their eyes.

P'rhaps I should re phrase this, but then again, why bother !
C'mon Nige, you know that sometimes things need a good yank,especially as .......they....get older
AO Gold Member
GTV/Spider Lounge Winner 09

County: Monmouthshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafe005 View Post
C'mon Nige, you know that sometimes things need a good yank,especially as .......they....get older
(Post Link) post #6 of 21 Old 21-07-08 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

159 1.9jtdm

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfa-female View Post
I was referring to my nuts.............

on the car..................

I mean the old Sprint.............

I'll shut up now
Damien_C

Lol, best ever was this one I know from school. She had a Punto and goes it's broken again, I goes to her when was the last time you serviced it?? She goes I dunno when I got it. That was 2 years ago when she got it. Some people shouldn't be allowed to have a pair of shoes

(Post Link) post #8 of 21 Old 21-07-08 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

159 1.9jtdm

This one here should not be allowed anything mechanical or electrical. Just told her that she is banned from ever owning an alfa if this is how she treats cars, At least she has asked for a quick course in how to check things day to day.....but i can see that from now I will end up fixing all sorts for her now
AO Silver Member

some people really do think that cars are just throw away items that need no looking after
AO Platinum Member

County: Oxfordshire

I saw a chrysler voyager the other day, and there was a woman driving and there must have been 4 or 5 kids inside it.

As I pulled up along size of it at the lights I noticed that the front passenger side tyre was worn so badly that the metal cords were poking through.

People who have know knowledge about safety aspects of a car should not be alowed on the roads IMO. They are a danger to themselves, their children and everyone else on the road.

People who stray a couple of mph over the speed limit are much safer than these people, and guess who gets caught.

Giulietta 2.0JTDm (170)
AO Silver Member

County: Somerset
Hmmm Re: It makes my blood boil.

"People who stray a couple of mph over the speed limit are much safer than these people, and guess who gets caught. "

But in all fairness shouldn't both offenders be caught, as people can be killed/injured as a result of both acts?

Sorry that was me on Corbo's login! Doubt he has the same views as me on this one, and a scrap my ensue if I don't clear up the fact that the above are my thoughts! (See you at home later )
AO Platinum Member

County: Hertfordshire
Garage

Member car:

GTV V6 3.0

what for 32mph
Nev

Just fire her ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbo View Post
But in all fairness shouldn't both offenders be caught, as people can be killed/injured as a result of both acts?
A car can kill someone without breaking any laws. I think his point is that someone who doesn't pay attention to their vehicle will most likely not be paying attention full stop and are thus more dangerous on the road.

I can believe that.

I see his point, just feel there are other issues out there as well.

I was most upset yesterday, got all geared up to do the Afla Wave to a 156 and the guy was on his mobile!

Nice looking car, shame about the careless attitude of the driver, who could easily end up killing.
(Post Link) post #17 of 21 Old 21-07-08 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

159 1.9jtdm

This was my point exactly, could have mown down a mum with pushchair at the lights, purely cos she couldnt be bothered to maintain her vehicle (and even worse, when a red light come on the dash, continued to drive for a fortnight) as i said, people like this make me
(Post Link) post #18 of 21 Old 21-07-08 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

159 1.9jtdm

I have since explained that if a red light comes on, stop, turn off engine and do not start it until its sorted, if its amber then get home while taking it slow and safe, then do not move the car until its sorted (I know these are not always true but imo a good guideline for people who know nothing)
AO Platinum Member

County: Oxfordshire

The point was that someone doing far below the speed limit is far more dangerous in a badly maintained car than someone who goes a few MPH over the limit in a well maintained car. I would never condone speeding in built up areas BTW, people who do that should be in trouble. I am talking of doing a few mph over the limit on A roads, motorways etc...

Yet police officer with the radar gun will catch people who speed by a couple of MPH, but not those with dangerous defects on their vehicles. If he really wanted to be of use he would pull over vehicles and check them over. It is reckoned that at least 1 in 10 cars has dangerous defects with just their tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Corbo View Post
I see his point, just feel there are other issues out there as well.

I was most upset yesterday, got all geared up to do the Afla Wave to a 156 and the guy was on his mobile!

Nice looking car, shame about the careless attitude of the driver, who could easily end up killing.
I saw a woman the other day driving a people carrier with a coffee in one hand, the mobile jammed between the ear and shoulder and the other hand trying to negotiate the wheel and gearstick
Regional Support
For Lincolnshire - AOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafe005 View Post
Rafe, I wasn't gonna go there, pleased that you did !

A few years ago was in a car sharing scheme with a friend travelling every week from here in Boston down to Weston Super Mud. Driving down the M5 one Sunday evening in his Maxi the oil pressure warning light started flickering on. Stopped at the next services and checked the level and it was OK but the gunge on the stick didn't look good. Thoughtfully enquired as to his last oil and filter change, never had, he said, only had the car 4 years ! Wouldn't even bother having it done during that week so we drove all the way back to Leicester before I convinced him to stop at a quicky oil change place to have it done, the crud that came out of the sump..............

Mind you this is the same guy who constantly run out of petrol, odd as he was a very intelligent guy but when it came to cars......

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page