Early Lane Positioning...... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 11 Old 18-07-08 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Cheshire

Member car:

GQV and Brera V6

Early Lane Positioning......

This probably doesnt count as a full on rant but even so.

Why do some people get into the right hand lane on dual carriageways if they are turning right.......about 2 miles ahead.

There is a particular stretch near me in South Warrington where there is over a mile of dual then the lanes become left...straight on and right...right turn.

A lot of cars get into lane at the start of the dual bit.
To make it worse its a 40 limit so it leads to undertaking and not just by me.

There is nothing wrong with getting into lane early but this is just irritating and potentially dangerous as it causes people to take risks.

Some people are driving around oblivious to whats going on outside their own vehicle.

J'aime la belle voiture!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: Surrey
Re: Early Lane Positioning......

Because people are stupid.

My mum does it because she's scared of changing lanes - ones of those people who won't put her indicator until everyone has past by which time she's had to stop...very silly but I do tell her "that's what indicators are for". She's maybe done 10 miles of motorway driving the whole time I've been alive

The GF does it because she's clueless and should never have been given a driving licence...too busy singing along to Westlife or something crap like that.

My brother does it too, not sure why.

Lane discipline is a really overlooked in this age of speed cameras. A little education goes a long way.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria

Woman did it to me tonight, turned left from a T-junction onto a one-way dual carriageway, and went immediatly into the right hand lane, then accelerated slowly, meaning I undertook her in the left hand lane. Then I ended up having to go in front of her as I was turning right in the roundabout ahead, and although I was well past her I still got one of those looks when she came up behind me that she thought I was a bit of a git for undertaking her.

Twice today I witnessed people getting it wrong and driving up 1 way streets. I was sitting at lights and this woman turned into the (Ballater) steet, I waved frantically at her but she carried on almost crashing into a van. The second was round the corner when a bloke tried the same thing but he realised when there was a line or cars blocking his route.

Also saw a van crash into a bus in Anniesland yesterday, bit of tailgating gone wrong

Idiots.

the N11 here leading out of dublin is notorious for it, there are alot of sections where there's a right turn at traffic lights about 2-3km up the road and almost everybody that's gonna turn right gets into the right lane as soon as they're past the last set of lights

REALLY annoys me!
AO Platinum Member

County: Oxfordshire

Around near me the dual carriageway has a 70mph limit. When you come to turn off there is always a long queue of cars doing 50mph in the slow lane, so you either have to slow down a long way before your turn off, or squeeze in at the last minute.

Half of the people doing 50mph in the slow lane don't even turn off.
AO Member

County: Bedfordshire

Member car:

Rosso/Tan GTV V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by symonh2000 View Post
Half of the people doing 50mph in the slow lane don't even turn off.
YES!!!! AHHHH The lorries overtaking each other on the A14 are bad enough, without idiots in Peugeots doing 50mph!! See this daily. To the OP... well maybe even I do this, but everyone is disappearing in my mirror so it causes no problems.
(Post Link) post #9 of 11 Old 22-07-08 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Cheshire

Member car:

GQV and Brera V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabw View Post
YES!!!! AHHHH The lorries overtaking each other on the A14 are bad enough, without idiots in Peugeots doing 50mph!! See this daily. To the OP... well maybe even I do this, but everyone is disappearing in my mirror so it causes no problems.
Well of course I AM allowed to do it because I drive faster than everyone else and do not get in anyone's way!!!
nivens

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabw View Post

The bypass near me is the same, people drive for miles in the outside lane at 50 because they will eventually turn right. Bloody idiots, the traffic police should drive down one day and take all their licenses off of them on sheer principle

AO Platinum Member

County: Newport

Happens here all the time - I do it occasionally cos I tend to get people who sit on my shoulder and I am then unable to pull out into the right hand lane.

Not clever but others do not notice that you are indicating and will keep you blocked in the left hand lane.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page