MFI problems - Their solution! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

Spacecadet

MFI problems - Their solution!

My bedroom furniture is now finally finished. It took 5 months of constant effort from us, the local store (Peterborough) had no ability to return calls, or indeed do what they promised they would do without being repeatedly asked to do it. Peterborough MFI, hang your head in shame!

Anyway, I wrote a letter to MFI customer services, requesting some of my money back due to the epic delay and extremely poor service.

One of their staff called today and said, and I quote

"We don't do financial compensation."

Their best offer, and I joke you not, was.....if I sent them my phone bill, they would reimburse the cost of the calls I had to make to them to get the job finished!

I am stunned. They really do take the biscuit.

Please, anyone who reads this, please, please, do not buy anything from MFI, with any luck, their customers will vote with their feet and MFI will eventually learn that they cannot treat hard working customers like dirt! I am beginning to think that the best think for MFI is to go into receivership, close and then we might get an IKEA closer to our house!!

Rant over!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

Member car:

1997 GTV 2.0 TS

Re: MFI problems - Their solution!

AndyMac, I don't think this is confined to MFI, most suppliers seem to have made "treating customers badly" into an art form. A couple of years ago we ordered a printer from Currys, had it delivered to my missus' work place. It never turned up. Went back to the shop, told them it hadn't been delivered, they swore blind it had, so I asked to see who signed for it. They started getting irate, so I swore at them, and said I wanted my money back. By this time a queue had formed, and some chav told me to stop swearing. Told him where to go, and then security had me removed from the shop. It later transpired that Currys had delivered the printer to a completely different company on the same site, and just left it at reception without getting a signature. I lost my temper, because they lied to me and wouldn't back down. There is no such thing any more as "the customer is always right". We put up with too much, and other people get wound up, when people complain or make a fuss.
AO Silver Member

County: Cambridgeshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMac View Post
My bedroom furniture is now finally finished. It took 5 months of constant effort from us, the local store (Peterborough) had no ability to return calls, or indeed do what they promised they would do without being repeatedly asked to do it. Peterborough MFI, hang your head in shame!

Anyway, I wrote a letter to MFI customer services, requesting some of my money back due to the epic delay and extremely poor service.

One of their staff called today and said, and I quote

"We don't do financial compensation."

Their best offer, and I joke you not, was.....if I sent them my phone bill, they would reimburse the cost of the calls I had to make to them to get the job finished!

I am stunned. They really do take the biscuit.

Please, anyone who reads this, please, please, do not buy anything from MFI, with any luck, their customers will vote with their feet and MFI will eventually learn that they cannot treat hard working customers like dirt! I am beginning to think that the best think for MFI is to go into receivership, close and then we might get an IKEA closer to our house!!

Rant over!
Forward a copy of your original letter with a covering letter to their CEO (keep it polite and factual). Ask him to explain the reason for the poor customer service experienced and also what steps they are taking to address it so that id doesn't happen to other customers. It is usually far easier for them to pay you off then it is to have someone in the corporate office investigate and prepare a response.

If all else fails write to the letter's page of the ET

Why do you want an IKEA store. You have a perfectly good IKEA distribution centre on your doorstep rubbing your nose in it!
AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

IKEA customer service is non-existent !!!!!!

I ended up walking into the warehouse stores area (staff only) when I got fed up of waiting at the collection desk. I collected my items and walked out with them without be questioned by one person.

Other customers were watching me in disbelief !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by howell811 View Post
IKEA customer service is non-existent !!!!!!

I ended up walking into the warehouse stores area (staff only) when I got fed up of waiting at the collection desk. I collected my items and walked out with them without be questioned by one person.

Other customers were watching me in disbelief !!
You stole furniture!?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page