Stupid building services design!!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 12-07-08 Thread Starter

Madness Stupid building services design!!!

ok, Monday night at half eleven the guy on the bottom floor (I'm on the third, top) knocks my door asking if I have a water leak as his ceiling's just fallen in...nope, all is well. They get into the flat below to find water everywhere...boiler gubbed.

Last night I'm in the boozer and I get a phonecall from the estate agent I bought the flat from saying my neighbour (in the middle) needs m back because my boiler's leaking into their house.

I'm confused because there's nowt visible.

Anyway, I get back and it turns out that the boiler is overspilling, as per it goes out the pipe like any regular overflow however the f*cking nuggets who built this scheme thought it wise to place the boiler vents in line vertically with the overflow; the result...

the water leaves my overflow, drops 10 foot through the air straight into the downstairs boiler vent flooding their boiler!!!!!

The main problem is that they've been on holiday for 2 weeks so it's been collecting for at least 8 days, I saw it, half the flat (kitchen, bedroom & hall) is completely f*cked. Somehow it's even go into the void between their ceiling and my floor(?!?!?!) so it's gonna need gutted

I've turned off the water and I thought I cut the supply to the boiler but when I turn on the water the stream starts...I can't figure this b*stard out. I'm hanging out a third floor window watching for water :s Got an engineer this morning, my boiler was over-pressurized .. problem solved.

Talking to the couple downstairs it turns out this has happened before and the factors were notified however they've done heehaw to fix the problem, they're gonna be getting it tight on Monday morning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nev

Re: Stupid building services design!!!

Good grief.

Sounds like a severe case of monkey installation.

Let the insurance do what you pay 'em for.

AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

Re: Stupid building services design!!!

Sad state were in. It's happening too often.

I'm called in to trouble shoot a lot of these problems !

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page