Police Don't shoot black guy on train. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Nev
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Police Don't shoot black guy on train.





BBC NEWS Rapper traumatised by gun arrest


Good work guys!
 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: -
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 7,679
Re: Police Don't shoot black guy on train.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nev View Post
Well Black people do all look the same Nev




Chris
chrisd_b is offline  
Rayq81
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Police Don't shoot black guy on train.

Its no big deal really, the police are alerted to a firearms crime, they have a suspect, they do their job arrest a suspect (who matched the description) and the man gets released after being cleared, thats what we pay the police to do.
 
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
corbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Somerset
Posts: 1,610
Re: Police Don't shoot black guy on train.

Nzube Udezue

A good english name for a good english man

Pint for the gents fruit based drink for the ladies.
corbo is offline  
Status: frenzied burrowing
AO Platinum Member
 
Fraser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: United Kingdom
County: South Lanarkshire
Posts: 19,680
Re: Police Don't shoot black guy on train.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbo View Post
Nzube Udezue

A good english name for a good english man

Pint for the gents fruit based drink for the ladies.
Fraser is offline  
Rayq81
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Police Don't shoot black guy on train.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbo View Post
Nzube Udezue

A good english name for a good english man

Pint for the gents fruit based drink for the ladies.
maybe im thick but what does that mean ??
 
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
Andy G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cambridge
Posts: 1,790

Member car:

147 GTA

Re: Police Don't shoot black guy on train.

it happens! He's lucky as they shot the last guy......

and the above I think is a typical quote from the Pub Landlord.
Andy G is offline  
Nev
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Police Don't shoot black guy on train.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbo View Post
Nzube Udezue

A good english name for a good english man

Pint for the gents fruit based drink for the ladies.






 
Status: bacon
AO Platinum Member
 
ACAPULCO AL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: United Kingdom
County: Greater Manchester
Posts: 29,280
Re: Police Don't shoot black guy on train.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayq81 View Post
maybe im thick but what does that mean ??

al murray, pub landlord
ACAPULCO AL is offline  
Status: Has returned! Glad to be back.
AO Silver Member
 
JimmerUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Surrey
Posts: 2,998

Member car:

GTV Cup No.127

Re: Police Don't shoot black guy on train.

He was on a train, wearing a rucksack, and was foreign.

Of course the police are going to arrest him. He better thank his lucky stars he wasn't running.
JimmerUK is offline  
Rayq81
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Police Don't shoot black guy on train.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACAPULCO AL View Post
al murray, pub landlord
Cheers Al
 
Status: -
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 7,679
Re: Police Don't shoot black guy on train.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmerUK View Post
He was on a train, wearing a rucksack, and was foreign.

Of course the police are going to arrest him. He better thank his lucky stars he wasn't running.
chrisd_b is offline  
Status: -
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 7,679
Re: Police Don't shoot black guy on train.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayq81 View Post
Its no big deal really, the police are alerted to a firearms crime, they have a suspect, they do their job arrest a suspect (who matched the description) and the man gets released after being cleared, thats what we pay the police to do.
Yep ray you are right - but shouldn't they get their facts right before terrorising innocent people with firearms??


chrisd_b is offline  
Nev
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Police Don't shoot black guy on train.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmerUK View Post
He was on a train, wearing a rucksack, and was foreign.

Of course the police are going to arrest him. He better thank his lucky stars he wasn't running.


Ummm.....


 
Status: Has returned! Glad to be back.
AO Silver Member
 
JimmerUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Surrey
Posts: 2,998

Member car:

GTV Cup No.127

Re: Police Don't shoot black guy on train.

Chris, Nev, it was a tongue in cheek reference to the De Menezes shooting.
JimmerUK is offline  
Status: Redlining
AO Member
 
ALRN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
County: -
Posts: 862

Member car:

Brera S

Re: Police Don't shoot black guy on train.

The police have to be fairly heavy handed and treat a firearms case with extreme caution - I for one would rather draw my weapon first and then get to the bottom of the matter than ask nicely and then wish my weapon was raised and made ready!
It's unfortunate that its a reflection on society that it's an issue solely on race/creed
ALRN is offline  
Status: -
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 7,679
Re: Police Don't shoot black guy on train.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmerUK View Post
Chris, Nev, it was a tongue in cheek reference to the De Menezes shooting.
Its easy to have a tongue in cheek when its not you they are likely to shoot

But accept you're not trying to say he should have been treated like this


Chris
chrisd_b is offline  
Nev
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Police Don't shoot black guy on train.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmerUK View Post
Chris, Nev, it was a tongue in cheek reference to the De Menezes shooting.
 
Status: Has returned! Glad to be back.
AO Silver Member
 
JimmerUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Surrey
Posts: 2,998

Member car:

GTV Cup No.127

Re: Police Don't shoot black guy on train.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisd_b View Post
But accept you're not trying to say he should have been treated like this
No, quite the opposite. Maybe the "of course" should have been in italics.
JimmerUK is offline  
Status: Redlining
AO Member
 
ALRN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
County: -
Posts: 862

Member car:

Brera S

Re: Police Don't shoot black guy on train.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmerUK View Post
No, quite the opposite. Maybe the "of course" should have been in italics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisd_b View Post
Its easy to have a tongue in cheek when its not you they are likely to shoot

But accept you're not trying to say he should have been treated like this


Chris
He should have been treated like this! He matched a suspects description and the police acted on the information available- when found to be completely innocent he was released. It's about being pro-active to threats rather than reactive to incidents.
ALRN is offline  
Nev
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Police Don't shoot black guy on train.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRN View Post
He should have been treated like this! He matched a suspects description and the police acted on the information available- when found to be completely innocent he was released. It's about being pro-active to threats rather than reactive to incidents.

... or ask the ticket inspector where his ticket was from:
Southampton or Basingstoke.



 
Status: Redlining
AO Member
 
ALRN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
County: -
Posts: 862

Member car:

Brera S

Re: Police Don't shoot black guy on train.

Yeah those ticket inspectors are always foiling those pesky international terrorists!
ALRN is offline  
Nev
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Police Don't shoot black guy on train.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRN View Post
Yeah those ticket inspectors are always foiling those pesky international terrorists!
Don't knock the ability of the man-in-the-street
to foil criminals and terrorist.

You just have to see a UK/London reaction
to luggage left unattended compared to elsewhere
in the world.
 
Rayq81
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Police Don't shoot black guy on train.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisd_b View Post
Yep ray you are right - but shouldn't they get their facts right before terrorising innocent people with firearms??


Yes Chris it is a very bad situation for the poor guy to be in considering he was innocent, but we have to trust the police to act on the information given and hopefully do the right thing, better that than waiting for someone to get shot then have us all slagging them off for not doing their jobs, its a balancing act i would not like to be part of
 
Status: -
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 7,679
Re: Police Don't shoot black guy on train.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRN View Post
He should have been treated like this! He matched a suspects description and the police acted on the information available- when found to be completely innocent he was released. It's about being pro-active to threats rather than reactive to incidents.


You are kidding right
chrisd_b is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome