The scratch attack - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

Graham P

Not Happy The scratch attack

I have had my GT just one week and guess what???

Yes it has been scratched down the passenger side. The worse part though is I'm pretty sure it was done in the private car park of where I live. A car park/grounds in a converted mill that we pay over £100 in ground rent to live in on top of our mortgages. Unbelievable!!! Do people not care that I saved hard to afford it and that it's cheaper than the brand or nearly new boxes most people buy!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Global Mod Team

County: Tokyo
Re: The scratch attack

Sorry to hear that Graham

Very upsetting to experience such a gratuitous act of vandalism.
AO Member

Member car:

159 jts TI

I know exactly what you are going through,sorry to hear your car has also been targeted by a jealous moron.

Really sorry to hear that, Graham. I had my Beemer keyed just after it had some major bodywork done.(oh Damn! Just admitted to having owned a Beemer!)
Graham P

I knew it would happen at some point...sadly. It's just the way this country is. For every person that appreciates your car you'll get one that is jealous. I just didn't expect it to happen so soon or

AO Silver Member

County: Surrey

Member car:

GTV Cup No.127

I garage mine every night, and only occasionally is she left unattended in the great outdoors, sometimes in our carpark at home or (shock horror) in the street when we're staying at our friends.

Every time I go back to her in the morning when she's left outside I prepare myself to damage. Fortunately, I've never had to suffer it.

Surprising really as my previous car had all four tyres slashed one night.
Graham P

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmerUK View Post

Every time I go back to her in the morning when she's left outside I prepare myself to damage. Fortunately, I've never had to suffer it.

You do actaully have to preapre yourself every single time don't you? Horrible feeling. I used to have a Mazda MX-3 V6 a few years back now and that was always getting scratched. I gave up with it in the end

AO Silver Member

County: Lake District
Garage

You could get an anti car vandal system

GeniusGuard Vehicle Video Recorder System for Anti-Car Vandalism - EurekaPlus
AO Silver Member

Sorry to hear this Graham

Brings to mind the darker side of this
soceity in which we live.

John.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

GTV Cup No.127

I'm not even sure it's able to be classed as 'dark'... it's just petty, and childish.
Graham P

On close inspection it's a double scratch. I'm putting two and two together and it may be the 'rather large' lady who parks next to me. She's a bit of a miserable t**t to be honest and I have never spoken to her...she could have done it by mistake or she could be an angry bird...who knows. All I know is the scratch wasn't there when I parked up last night. I'm gonna swap spaces with my missus so I can keep an eye on it...just (if I stand on a chair)

AO Silver Member

County: -

yer it sucks. had my car little over a week before i received a fist-sized dent on the top of the n/s front wing. can only assume it was my neighbour and that he punched it. needless to say, if i see him touch my car, he will know what it feels like.
AO Silver Member

Very sad to hear there are such stupid mindless human beings out there.

With regards to the scratch is it key scratch deep or a flesh wound where the larger lady scraped it? Might come out with turtlewax safe cut then lots of polish?
Oggy_GTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham P View Post
On close inspection it's a double scratch. I'm putting two and two together and it may be the 'rather large' lady who parks next to me. She's a bit of a miserable t**t to be honest and I have never spoken to her...she could have done it by mistake or she could be an angry bird...who knows. All I know is the scratch wasn't there when I parked up last night. I'm gonna swap spaces with my missus so I can keep an eye on it...just (if I stand on a chair)
We've had small amounts of damage (probably accidental) to cars on the drive. I got one of these cameras to cover the drive:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?...224374&doy=9m7

And then one of these to record to an old hard drive I had knocking about.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?...115181&doy=9m7

Works Ok, but the wireless camera is subject to the odd bit of interference which can trigger the motion detection. Picture quality at night is acceptable. Replaying the video is tedious so I'll only have a look if I find any damage to the car - fortunately none since the camera was put in place.

It's also very good for finding out what sort of animal is having a crap on your lawn during the night! A cat!

Graham P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_K View Post
Very sad to hear there are such stupid mindless human beings out there.

With regards to the scratch is it key scratch deep or a flesh wound where the larger lady scraped it? Might come out with turtlewax safe cut then lots of polish?

It goes deep for about a centimetre in the middle so hopefully it may come out (it's about 15 inches long all in all but very feint in places)...i'll give it a try thanks

Any idea what's the best polish to try?

Graham P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy_GTA View Post
Replaying the video is tedious so I'll only have a look if I find any damage to the car

There's actually proper CCTV installed in the car park that the management company of the property look after. I may ask them to check...it probably would have happened early this morning. I need to find out what time the 'prime suspect' goes to work

AO Silver Member

I use the Turtlewax Safecut then Autoglym Super Resin then Autoglym Glossguard.

Try it, it may work. Good luck with it
AO Member

a couple of weeks after i moved into a new place someone snipped my sky cable! not happy. talking to a nice neighbour i was told that the fella from next door was a bit of a head the ball and had been in a few ding dongs about parking etc and had actually rammed someone with his van!! had a valve removed from a tyre(can't see that being kids messing about) then came home from work with a big size ten boot mark and a caved in corrado door! things got nasty and he no longer lives here thank fook. there are some real ******s out there.
AO Silver Member

County: North Lanarkshire
Garage

You have my sympathies. Been there too. Hope you get her back to looking her best quickly and without digging too deeply in yer pocket.
Oggy_GTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham P View Post
There's actually proper CCTV installed in the car park that the management company of the property look after. I may ask them to check...it probably would have happened early this morning. I need to find out what time the 'prime suspect' goes to work
Well, that's what it's there for. I'd be onto them in a flash

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page