Don't try to do good!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

 
Thread Tools
(Post Link) post #1 of 22 Old 02-07-08 Thread Starter
Status: Happy :)
AO Member
 
pete3bs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Dundee
Posts: 704

Member car:

Fiesta Zetec S

Don't try to do good!!

Last night i changed my nights off to give a friend a weekend off as he hasn't had a saturday off in weeks and I have no plans for the weekend(good guy I know!) then I get home tell my other half what I did and get abuse cause she had surprise plans! now she is in the huff and stormed off to work, leaving me feeling like the bad guy!!
pete3bs is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
mikebrown
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Don't try to do good!!

opps.... ...2 words....flowers/chocolates...
 
Status: -
AO Member
 
wasil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: United Arab Emirates
County: Dubayy
Posts: 582

Member car:

Alfa-less

Re: Don't try to do good!!

kiss and make up
wasil is offline  
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
Alfaspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I would rather not say
County: -
Posts: 2,263
Re: Don't try to do good!!

A joke to cheer you up.....

A SPANISH Teacher was explaining to her class that in Spanish, unlike English, nouns are designated as either masculine or feminine.

'House' for instance, is feminine: 'la casa.'
'Pencil,' however, is masculine: 'el lapiz.'

A student asked, 'What gender is 'computer'?'

Instead of giving the answer, the teacher split the class into two groups, male and female, and asked them to decide for themselves whether computer' should be a masculine or a feminine noun. Each group was asked to give four reasons for its recommendation.

The men's group decided that 'computer' should definitely be of the feminine gender ('la computadora'), because:

1. No one but their creator understands their internal logic;

2. The native language they use to comm unicate with other computers is incomprehensible to everyone else;

3. Even the smallest mistakes are stored in long term memory for possible later retrieval; and

4. As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending half your paycheck on accessories for it.

(THIS GETS BETTER!)

The women's group, however, concluded that computers should be Masculine ('el computador'), because:

1. In order to do anything with them, you have to turn them on;

2. They have a lot of data but still can't think for themselves;

3. They are supposed to help you solve problems, but half the time they ARE the problem; and.............

4. As soon as you commit to one, you realize that if you had waited a little longer, you could have gotten a better model.

Alfaspeed is offline  
Status: -
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,419
Re: Don't try to do good!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaspeed View Post
A joke to cheer you up.....

A SPANISH Teacher was explaining to her class that in Spanish, unlike English, nouns are designated as either masculine or feminine.

'House' for instance, is feminine: 'la casa.'
'Pencil,' however, is masculine: 'el lapiz.'

A student asked, 'What gender is 'computer'?'

Instead of giving the answer, the teacher split the class into two groups, male and female, and asked them to decide for themselves whether computer' should be a masculine or a feminine noun. Each group was asked to give four reasons for its recommendation.

The men's group decided that 'computer' should definitely be of the feminine gender ('la computadora'), because:

1. No one but their creator understands their internal logic;

2. The native language they use to comm unicate with other computers is incomprehensible to everyone else;

3. Even the smallest mistakes are stored in long term memory for possible later retrieval; and

4. As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending half your paycheck on accessories for it.

(THIS GETS BETTER!)

The women's group, however, concluded that computers should be Masculine ('el computador'), because:

1. In order to do anything with them, you have to turn them on;

2. They have a lot of data but still can't think for themselves;

3. They are supposed to help you solve problems, but half the time they ARE the problem; and.............

4. As soon as you commit to one, you realize that if you had waited a little longer, you could have gotten a better model.

garry-graig is offline  
Status: Standby.........
AO Platinum Member
 
mr.orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: United Kingdom
County: Durham
Posts: 15,637

Member car:

156

Re: Don't try to do good!!

mr.orange is offline  
(Post Link) post #7 of 22 Old 02-07-08 Thread Starter
Status: Happy :)
AO Member
 
pete3bs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Dundee
Posts: 704

Member car:

Fiesta Zetec S

Re: Don't try to do good!!

must admit had a giggle

Looks like its gonna cost me a meal tonight
pete3bs is offline  
Nev
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Don't try to do good!!

I still can't see how it's in anyway
your fault?

 
(Post Link) post #9 of 22 Old 02-07-08 Thread Starter
Status: Happy :)
AO Member
 
pete3bs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Dundee
Posts: 704

Member car:

Fiesta Zetec S

Re: Don't try to do good!!

does it really matter if it is my fault or not??

to be honest in the mood for a big steak anyway
pete3bs is offline  
Status: The BSD says konnichiwa
Global Mod Team
 
BigFoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Japan
County: Tokyo
Posts: 114,689
Re: Don't try to do good!!

Women
BigFoot is offline  
Status: -
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,987
Re: Don't try to do good!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegtv1 View Post
Last night i changed my nights off to give a friend a weekend off as he hasn't had a saturday off in weeks and I have no plans for the weekend(good guy I know!) then I get home tell my other half what I did and get abuse cause she had surprise plans! now she is in the huff and stormed off to work, leaving me feeling like the bad guy!!
been there man, spoil her rotten for a day and it'll all be history

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegtv1 View Post
does it really matter if it is my fault or not??
nope, never does
rancido64 is offline  
Status: Spider's on the road.
Global Mod Team
 
classicgal93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Canada
County: British Columbia
Posts: 59,964
Garage
Re: Don't try to do good!!

always check first, but sounds like you were just being a good guy I forgive you.
classicgal93 is offline  
paintergirl
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Don't try to do good!!

Aww Pete, what a poppit you are

I'm sure your lady will see that you were being the good guy
 
Status: turbo powwa
AO Silver Member
 
celadon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: United Kingdom
County: Kent
Posts: 5,699
Re: Don't try to do good!!

Happens to me all the time, as i work shifts...
If I do a workmate a favour and swap shifts, she gets the hump, saying she had made plans.
However, had she enlightened me to the plans in the first place I would not have changed shifts.

So i suppose what I am saying is

YES it's your fault , you're to blame, YOU are the man !!
celadon is offline  
(Post Link) post #15 of 22 Old 03-07-08 Thread Starter
Status: Happy :)
AO Member
 
pete3bs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Dundee
Posts: 704

Member car:

Fiesta Zetec S

Re: Don't try to do good!!

meal was a success and now she is tempted to buy an afla after going past an alfa dealer on the way home!

how the hell did that happen!!!
pete3bs is offline  
Status: -
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,987
Re: Don't try to do good!!

pure blind luck
rancido64 is offline  
Status: turbo powwa
AO Silver Member
 
celadon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: United Kingdom
County: Kent
Posts: 5,699
Re: Don't try to do good!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegtv1 View Post
meal was a success and now she is tempted to buy an afla after going past an alfa dealer on the way home!

how the hell did that happen!!!
I was looking at the MiTo thingy in another thread, and my wife says to me :-
"thats a Nice looking Alfa"
So I looked at her and said
"What do you mean, THATS a nice looking Alfa, all Alfas are nice looking "
her reply -- "Whatever !!"
celadon is offline  
Status: -
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 7,679
Re: Don't try to do good!!

Talking about computers -

What does a blonde and your computer have in common?

You don't know how much either of them mean to you until they go down on you.





Chris
chrisd_b is offline  
Status: -
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,711
Re: Don't try to do good!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisd_b View Post
Talking about computers -

What does a blonde and your computer have in common?

You don't know how much either of them mean to you until they go down on you.





Chris


EMBER is offline  
(Post Link) post #20 of 22 Old 03-07-08 Thread Starter
Status: Happy :)
AO Member
 
pete3bs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Dundee
Posts: 704

Member car:

Fiesta Zetec S

Re: Don't try to do good!!

pete3bs is offline  
Status: Constantly Nagging Lincolnshire Members !
Regional Support
For Lincolnshire - AOL
 
Nige005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Boston, Lincs
Posts: 16,303
Re: Don't try to do good!!

No good deed ever goes unpunished, I think most of us have the t - shirt to prove it !!!
Nige005 is offline  
Status: Spider's on the road.
Global Mod Team
 
classicgal93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Canada
County: British Columbia
Posts: 59,964
Garage
Re: Don't try to do good!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisd_b View Post
Talking about computers -

What does a blonde and your computer have in common?

You don't know how much either of them mean to you until they go down on you.





Chris

not nice or funny, Chris
classicgal93 is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome