Its all B0llox... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 10 Old 20-06-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Leicestershire
Madness Its all B0llox...

As predicted the insurance wrangle is about to begin...

I am fully aware that the 164 Cloverleaf doesn't hold a massive value, with just 90k (believed genuine)the average 12 valver would fetch at least a grand, sometimes more,
and my insurers (CKI) have no argument when the policy was taken out with my valuation of 1200 (I think it was 1200, certainly around that figure), and a value which should have increased over the last 6 months with all the work done.
But when some [email protected] writes my car off (see 164 Cloverleaf written off thread) why am I left with a car and 400 minus the excess of 300!!!
Thats a possible 100 and a wreck, great!!!!!

I have a brilliant, exciting car one minute and almost fcuk all the next,
but don't worry because I am insured and thats what I have paid my hundreds of pounds for.
(I think I do get the excess back as he admitted liability).
WTF

After my 3.0Ltr 75 which was written off when another [email protected] ran into the back of me at traffic lights, and an offer of 300 had been made by the same company, I had decided that I would go the "Agreed valuation" route with the 164 when it was all done, simply because after the respray, it might actually have looked as if it was worth something, not that we quite got to that stage,
so another 3 or 4 weeks and it would have been a superb example of the Cloverleaf, but of course ***** happens and I get a possible 400 measly quid for hours and hours of work, hundreds of pounds worth of kit.

B0llox,B0llox,B0llox,B0llox,B0llox, B0llox,B0llox,B0llox,B0llox,B0llox,B0llox,
B0llox,B0llox,B0llox,B0llox, B0llox,B0llox,B0llox,B0llox,B0llox,
B0llox,B0llox,B0llox,B0llox,B0llox,
B0llox,B0llox, B0llox,B0llox,
B0llox,B0llox,
B0llox,

Time to build another one...

B0llox,B0llox,B0llox,B0llox,B0llox,B0llox,B0llox,B 0llox,B0llox,B0llox,B0llox,
B0llox,B0llox,B0llox,B0llox,B0llox, B0llox,B0llox,B0llox,B0llox,
B0llox,B0llox,B0llox, B0llox,B0llox,
B0llox,B0llox, B0llox,B0llox,
B0llox,B0llox,
B0llox

That's it,
I am ranted out.

Don

B0llox
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMGP1813.jpg (75.2 KB, 6 views)

D164ALF
ITSAHELLOVATHING
164 12valve V6 cloverleaf
And it's PHASTASPHUK

Infowars.com
There is a war on for your mind
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Warwickshire
Re: Its all B0llox...

Don .. you are so right.. my mint N reg 60k 24v leaf is according to the insurance vultures only worth 1440!....... and the N reg 207k 24v leaf .. 200....I am at present trying to get a reasonable fixed price value .. with Footman James... I think 4-5k .. they think 2600 tops... the thing is where do you get another?.. they have all been weighed in for scrap.. because of the iron value.
Very rare sight now 164??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copy of Birdlip2005rtch.jpg (64.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 1996QV.jpg (78.8 KB, 2 views)
AO Platinum Member

County: Neath Port Talbot

CKI through AROC Don? Isn't there a section regestra who can assist like John Gibson assisted me? Complain is my only advice (and less of the swear words on AO)
AO Member

Member car:

An astra =(

Find out what guide your insurance company has based its final settlement figure on (i.e glass) and reseach it yourself
Global Mod Team

County: Suffolk

Find similar cars on Autotrader etc. they will sell for the same price that you say yours is worth. Send the details to your insurance company. Argue that yours was the top end of the scale.

You will have to pay the excess.

If you stand firm - they will pay up.

Paul

Last edited by PaulR; 20-06-08 at 23:10. Reason: plurality
(Post Link) post #6 of 10 Old 20-06-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

My apollogies Simon, you're right it 's not big and it's not clever, but it's quite therapeutic.
I will definitely question the amount, I tried today but their computers were down so I will ring again on Monday.

I just want to get on with the rebuild of the other one, because I know this 159 is very refined, costs less in fuel, and it actually keeps my adrenal gland from having to do anything, at all.

It is not my ideal Alfa.
Sorry.

Don
AO Platinum Member

County: Neath Port Talbot

No worries Don. I share your pain and having seen your car many times as well as being well aware of the TLC you lavished upon it I understand how you feel as a result of a non fault accident

I take it I'm correct in saying the your policy with KI is through AROC?

If so, I stand by my advice to contact the 164 Registrar and mount a complaint that way.

John G wrote me an excellent letter to say what condition my 156 was in and stated that it been used as a prime example of a face lift 156 at NAD last year. It all helped

I also agree that the new cars, while ruthlessly competent, lack some of the sparkle compared to the older cars.

The price of progress I guess

Whatever, good luck & do keep us informed

Simon

Daily Driver FIAT Panda Cross Twinair Stunning Giulia 115 Spider Series 4 fine weather toy

Wife's Daily Brilliant Toyota GT86

AROC South Wales Section Secretary
(Post Link) post #8 of 10 Old 21-06-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Well, I've been working most of today on the one I will be building up, considering it's been stood outside for 18 months it's not too bad,
I didn't realise i had taken so many bits off it during that time.
Regarding the insurance, as I said I will speak to them on monday to announce my displeasure, I think they might be getting a little fed up with me 3 non-fault accidents in about 3 years,
I know it looks bad on me, but the reality is Leicester is almost saturated with idiot drivers (although most cities and towns seem be be the same), so there is no chance of avoiding them indefinitely, you just hope that it won't be the "big one" when it eventually happens.

I was really lucky in some respects, the main one being not hitting anyone else whilst spinning, ten minutes later and the traffic would have been at least twice as heavy, it had me worried for a second or two I can tell you, a big impact, having virtually no control, or vision (backwards was not ideal) is maybe a little hard on the aforementioned adrenal thingy.

I'm off to chill with the long suffering wifey.
Don
AO Member

Member car:

GTV Red.

Don,

I'm in a very similar position myself. I had a black 164 Super, 97k, tan leather all working just fine. Then theres an idiot coming my way all over the road, i get out of his way and brake, the young girl behind me isn't looking and skids into my boot. No my fault obviously, i'm fully comp with Elephant.com, thinking they'll make the repairs and i'll get my car back all shiny new! No. Write off. Apparently. Minor dents to back panels, bumper and boot lid, and its a write off. its a joke. They even had the nerve to cancel my policy and not tell me for another couple of days.
Anyway, theres a man on autotrader looking for £4000 for his 164, similar to ours. They are rare he points out, getting rarer to. I know he's ambitious, but its worth trying your insurance company, see if they'll go for it. Let me know how you get on. I'm fuming at elephant!
frasermac834

ee's preetty car no?
robk147

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulR View Post

You will have to pay the excess.
Not if the other party admits liability or it's proved their fault, although it may take a few weeks to get it back.

Sorry to hear about your car milano, never seen a 164 Cloverleaf (only the standard one), they look very

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page