PAYPAL again! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

alfafamily

Madness PAYPAL again!

A mate of mine has just sold a car privately to someone at the other end the country. To ensure he got the money he asked if it could be paid into my PayPal account. It shouldn't have been a problem. However it put my account into suspension because I had recieved more money than is allowed in a year. No problem just follow the steps to resolve. Like hell, they said my phone is not being answered so they can't verify my account. They are going to send a letter that could take 2 weeks to come. So, his money is in my account that I can't use, I can't close and if I want to complain I have to use a premium rate number that they spend the first 3 minutes telling you stuff you don't want to know.All the time they are raking in the interest.
I know lots of people have on here have been tucked up by these legalised thieves before and alot of posts have been written about it.
BUT, just for those that missed it or do not realise the full depths of deciept that this company stoop to I thought I would start this thread because I am so angry.

When its over I am finished with Ebay and Paypal and I would advise anyone not to go near them.

Use Paypal only if you are absolutely sure that you know what it will cost you(alot) and you have read the small print in detail.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: Oxfordshire
Re: PAYPAL again!

I had a similar problem I had £400 in my account, but because I was not a verified user I couldn't withdrawl it to my bank as it would exceed my limit. So, I called them on my work phone and told them I wanted to close my account and I wanted my money. I was then told that I couldn't close the account as there were funds in there.

I even threatened them with legal action, but they wouldn't budge. i ended up waiting for the letter an verifying my account before I could get MY money. This took about 2 weeks IIRC.

It is an absolute pain in the backside and the reason I don't use Ebay and paypal much now.

Is there any way you can send the buyer his money back so that he can pay in cash instead? I think you can return payments with Paypal.

Giulietta 2.0JTDm (170)
alfafamily

Quote:
Originally Posted by symonh2000 View Post

Is there any way you can send the buyer his money back so that he can pay in cash instead? I think you can return payments with Paypal.
I asked that, it would cost the same amount of money to send back as it did in the first place they said( if you can believe them). Plus it still takes days and days.

AO Silver Member

County: Lake District
Garage

Their a pain in the arse. Not only that, they charge you 4% for the privilege.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

GT 2.0 JTS

Try this number 020 86053000 option 1 customer services.
Wont help the cause but its not a premium rate number.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page