Fake Golf Clubs......Ebay!!!!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 26 Old 04-06-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Durham

Member car:

159ti/GTV 2.0 ts

Not Happy Fake Golf Clubs......Ebay!!!!!

I have just recently parted with 300 of my hard earned to buy some Callaway Irons - I asked the question before bidding "are these 100% genuine"?
"yes" was the reply - to cut a long story short they arrived and looked quite good to be honest, but, I was a little suspiscious so took them to my local golf pro/shop to get them checked.

No surprise to find out they were China's finest!!!!!!!

I am at the end of my tether with Flipping Ebay there is too much of this crap on there now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

paintergirl

Re: Fake Golf Clubs......Ebay!!!!!

Sorry to hear this. You are entitled to open a dispute. Do it today!

Thanks for posting this. I have been looking at half sets but decided to look in the pro shop first.

Crap

Sorry to hear that fella - perhaps you can sell them privatly to recoup some money back..

Calloway clubs are not the cheapest so that offer was too good to be true - or would have been clubs that were stolen.

Chris
HSTDriver

always try your clubs before you buy. Get them custom fitted too if you can, most places will do it for free if you're buying a set

HSTDriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisd_b View Post

Calloway clubs are not the cheapest so that offer was too good to be true - or would have been clubs that were stolen.

To be fair you can get Callaways from a few years ago for around 300-400, simply because they've been ousted by the new models.
that's probably what I'll be doing when I get my next set of clubs, just because a company releases the new latest greatest thing doesn't suddenly make the older models a 'bad' club.

AO Platinum Member

County: Essex

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtvscott View Post
I have just recently parted with 300 of my hard earned to buy some Callaway Irons - I asked the question before bidding "are these 100% genuine"?
"yes" was the reply - to cut a long story short they arrived and looked quite good to be honest, but, I was a little suspiscious so took them to my local golf pro/shop to get them checked.

No surprise to find out they were China's finest!!!!!!!

I am at the end of my tether with Flipping Ebay there is too much of this crap on there now
You will get your money back.. go through the dispute process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSTDriver View Post
To be fair you can get Callaways from a few years ago for around 300-400, simply because they've been ousted by the new models.
that's probably what I'll be doing when I get my next set of clubs, just because a company releases the new latest greatest thing doesn't suddenly make the older models a 'bad' club.
True

But I am suprised how much I can get my Taylormade RAC LT's for now
(Post Link) post #8 of 26 Old 04-06-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

159ti/GTV 2.0 ts

Have opened a dispute, the guy has offered a refund(swears his supplier has let him down) but I have to send them back first and at the moment it will be at my own expense, GRRR!!!!
He seems to forget I am the one who has paid for the fake clubs + postage!!!
Unbelievably he has another set for sale as well!!!!!
AO Platinum Member

County: Essex

Quote:
Have opened a dispute, the guy has offered a refund(swears his supplier has let him down) but I have to send them back first and at the moment it will be at my own expense, GRRR!!!!
Make sure that you say he must pay for the return carriage to him.
AO Silver Member

County: Antrim

unlucky fella,

make sure you fight it or they will only get away with it again and again.
VO2Max

Quote:
Bad luck!

Out of interest, is the guy within 'striking distance'? I returned something once and the buggers kept my money AND the goods - luckily only £16's worth. I'm thinking of booking a holiday to Jersey especially so I can say 'hello' to them...

roeburndale

The best way to stop this hapening to someone else is to report this to callaway uk & your local trading standards, these traders offer refunds to stop you taking matters further, "his suplier has let him down " my @rse. ebay is the easiest way to flog fake goods and these people need to be stopped.

Callaway Golf Customer Service: Contact Us

paintergirl

He is at fault. You should get your money back including postage. Ask him to arrange carriage, at his expense!

AO Member

if he dont give you your money back just say you will talk to the police - it is fraud and i no my girlfriend has dealt with many ebay frauds and the threat of the police makes them pay up.
(Post Link) post #15 of 26 Old 04-06-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

159ti/GTV 2.0 ts

I used the police one - 3 of my playing partners are in the local force!!!

He has arranged for them to be picked up, just waiting for the refund now - although I don't think I will get it until he has the bloody clubs back!!!

Contacted Callaway they just said they know about it but everyone is suffering the same fate at the mo - China
Nev

Must say I do nearly all my shopping for toys online
but am extremely wary of Fleabay.
Have only ever order 1 small item and that order
never went through properly, so I just avoid it.

AO Platinum Member

County: Oxfordshire

I am in the process of an Ebay claim. I won an auction for a Dump valve for my Fiat, I paid with paypal straight away. Nothing has arrived, and absolutely no contact from the seller. They have 100% feedback on 600 items, so I am wondering whether the listing may have been dodgy.

It was 50 all in but the price is not the issue its the principal. It it was 50 pence I would still pursue it.
AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

I had a dispute over a printer, took it up with Paypal and they were about as much good as a chocolate tea pot.
mudhut

I'm also in dispute with an eBay seller over Fiat wiper/ headlamp/indicator stalks sold as boxed new - they are nothing of the sort and broken too. You couldn't ever mistake them for NOS.

surf4autos is the seller's handle - wants me to send the thing back so I will and hope for the best. Only 12 quid or so but why can't people just be honest? I see he's now made his feedback private - before I complained so I suppose there's something else going on too.

(Post Link) post #20 of 26 Old 08-06-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

159ti/GTV 2.0 ts

Got my money back!!!!

Although he made it sound as tho he was doing me a favour accepting a return out of his 7 day refund policy.

I just laughed - I think selling counterfeit goods as genuine negates any ebay refund policy - and am sure the police and/or trading standards would have said the same thing!!!!

He is lucky am bloody sending the snide things back to him!!!!

Have heard ebay recently got fined by a court in France after being sued by Hermes - which is soon to be followed by multi-million pound lawsuits from the likes of Chanel and Dior. Judge said as long as they quite happily took selling and Paypal fees for these faked goods that they were equally as culpable!!!!!
AO Silver Member

County: Gloucestershire

I have bought some good stuff on ebay, my GT, and more recently a classy laptop which was virtually unused and perfect.
I understand the fake goods issue with technical products, but let me just ask you all, if a fashion article is imported to UK for £5 and retailed at £500, and a look-alike is imported for £3 and sold for £30, which one is the robber?
(Post Link) post #22 of 26 Old 08-06-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

159ti/GTV 2.0 ts

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithglos View Post
I have bought some good stuff on ebay, my GT, and more recently a classy laptop which was virtually unused and perfect.
I understand the fake goods issue with technical products, but let me just ask you all, if a fashion article is imported to UK for 5 and retailed at 500, and a look-alike is imported for 3 and sold for 30, which one is the robber?
I don't deny there is good stuff to be had, god knows I have bought and sold enough stuff myself - my issue is with people lying and deceiving!!!!
AO Silver Member

County: Surrey

Member car:

GTV, RCZ, KTM

I hope you left negative feedback.
Nev

Quote:
Have heard ebay recently got fined by a court in France after being sued by Hermes - which is soon to be followed by multi-million pound lawsuits from the likes of Chanel and Dior. Judge said as long as they quite happily took selling and Paypal fees for these faked goods that they were equally as culpable!!!!!
French court fines eBay for sale of counterfeit handbags | The Register

AO Silver Member

County: Kent

I have bought and sold all sorts of things and so far (I must be very lucky) it has gone like a dream. My only problem was a vinyl sunroof which had a tear. Sent it back...all refunded with apologies for error.

Its a real shame not everyones experiences have been so good.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page