Peoples attitudes - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 27 Old 03-06-08 Thread Starter

Peoples attitudes

There I was on Sat outside painting a wall of a house I am renovating. There was a lovely Alfa 147 parked by me... which is a side issue...

Anyway, this old couple come along in a blue picasso and he attempts to park and I can see him cocking it up, and then he backs straight into a Renault behind him. Can hear a nice crack. He carries on parking.

His door then opens and the mrs must have been having a go at his crap driving, and he shouts "thats what bumpers are for!", unpacks the car and walks in.

I mean these people royally p*ss me off! All because they dont value their car, doesnt mean others dont. If I say demolished his wall, and took the attitude, well its there to protect your house. Its done its job, would that be ok?

Well, when I left, I put an anonymous note on the Renault with a brief description of what went on, so they could do what they wanted with it.

The amount of small dings I have had on my car over recently, and its people just like this.

Another one of my pet hates is people not keeping their kids under control. I am only 24 but this mother the other month summed it up.

I keep getting handle bar dents on my car, and saw a kid fall into another car on the street, so told him to be more careful. Well before I know it the mother is out saying "who do you think you are? telling my kid off", to which I replied "I am a car owner who is sick to death of repairing dents because of the kids around here"... and her response was! "Well it happens to our cars too".. and at that point I just snapped "I dont give a sh*t what your kids do to you car, they are your kids, not mine. If I damaged someone elses property when i was their age, I wouldnt have had my mother here defending me. She would be sending me over to apologise and probably given me a hiding!".. she couldnt say much after that... they have since put a lovely scratch along my car, with what looks like a pedal of a bike...

Rant over!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Hampshire
Re: Peoples attitudes

That, typical of people today and how they choose to bring up there hideous offspring......... The problem is those kids are going to grow up into thoughless, selfish..........nasty adults !!!!

Like you when I was kid.....If I damaged a neighbours car my mother would have given me a backhander..........sent me off to apologise (or draged me there).......... Then my old fella whould take a piece out of me when he got home from work..........

......We used to have a local copper used to creep around, and always appear from bl**dy nowhere when we were up to no good as kids.........Many times I caught a slap up the ear'ole and drageed up the road to my mother............

........... Those sort of things taught respect........... and I don't think it infringed my human rights any !!!!!!.......

Now, like you, we see the kids are damaging peoples property, have no respect for anything or anyone, their parents are effectively sponsoring it by their inaction and the police now aren't having to worry about kids scrumping a few apples......... They have to worry about the little sh1tes pulling a knife on them

It's a fecking disgrace.................and it's time to "Cull the Herd"

Cheers To All
Peter

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Rizla View Post
That, typical of people today and how they choose to bring up there hideous offspring......... The problem is those kids are going to grow up into thoughless, selfish..........nasty adults !!!!

Like you when I was kid.....If I damaged a neighbours car my mother would have given me a backhander..........sent me off to apologise (or draged me there).......... Then my old fella whould take a piece out of me when he got home from work..........

......We used to have a local copper used to creep around, and always appear from bl**dy nowhere when we were up to no good as kids.........Many times I caught a slap up the ear'ole and drageed up the road to my mother............

........... Those sort of things taught respect........... and I don't think it infringed my human rights any !!!!!!.......

Now, like you, we see the kids are damaging peoples property, have no respect for anything or anyone, their parents are effectively sponsoring it by their inaction and the police now aren't having to worry about kids scrumping a few apples......... They have to worry about the little sh1tes pulling a knife on them

It's a fecking disgrace.................and it's time to "Cull the Herd"

Cheers To All
Peter

Hi Peter

Can relate with your post.

Though, I draw the line at the culling.

John.

What are the kids of the kids gonna be like?
(Post Link) post #5 of 27 Old 03-06-08 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludite View Post
Hi Peter

Can relate with your post.

Though, I draw the line at the culling.

John.
Well I dunno... it has its merits...

But yeah, I think its madness, while all this was going on with the mother, the kids were all gathered around, basically knowing that they get defended even if they damage peoples property.

I was speaking to people living next door but one and they showed me their bonnet. Dented to hell with kids jumping on it.

I sound like an old fart, but A slap never did me any harm. Bring it back I say!
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj_swansea View Post

they have since put a lovely scratch along my car, with what looks like a pedal of a bike...

Rant over!
Sorry about scratch, Mj. Swansea.

Just hope it was not done with malice in mind.

John.
(Post Link) post #7 of 27 Old 03-06-08 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludite View Post
Sorry about scratch, Mj. Swansea.

Just hope it was not done with malice in mind.

John.

Cheers John,

I dont think so, basically it looks like they have tried to squeeze in between the car and a bush (in my drive I might add) to get in between the houses to their mates house.. and it wasnt wide enough and well the result is that.

Had a respray in Jan too as I was getting the dreaded red fade...

Mike
AO Silver Member

A guy who works for me used to live on a really nasty estate........... One night a group of teenagers were outside his house making a lot of noise......... They woke his two kids up............. he went out to ask them to move on somewhere else.............after a lot of abuse they went off............. came back a bit later and smashed all the windows in his van, he came out when he heard the noise and ran off........... When he looked at the van they'd slashed two tyres ........and scratched "CNUT" down the side.............

He reported it to the police as he knew who two of them were.......... The Police could do nothing because the parents of the two kids said that their darling offspring were at home all evening watching a video with them !!!!!

He then put up with months of vandalising, abuse and threats to his family.......... He had to move away in the end.

So ............ Yes, it really is time to "Cull The Herd"

Cheers To All
Peter
(Post Link) post #9 of 27 Old 03-06-08 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Rizla View Post
A guy who works for me used to live on a really nasty estate........... One night a group of teenagers were outside his house making a lot of noise......... They woke his two kids up............. he went out to ask them to move on somewhere else.............after a lot of abuse they went off............. came back a bit later and smashed all the windows in his van, he came out when he heard the noise and ran off........... When he looked at the van they'd slashed two tyres ........and scratched "CNUT" down the side.............

He reported it to the police as he knew who two of them were.......... The Police could do nothing because the parents of the two kids said that their darling offspring were at home all evening watching a video with them !!!!!

He then put up with months of vandalising, abuse and threats to his family.......... He had to move away in the end.

So ............ Yes, it really is time to "Cull The Herd"

Cheers To All
Peter
That really does suck. I think its becoming to common a tale though unfortunately. The area I live in was/is far from rough.. However, they have just extended our close with about 10 housing association houses... and it all seems to be one parent families... not that this is necessarily a representation of all single parents, but there far fewer problems before.

We have had out local police officer up and he says call me anytime, but you do and dont get a response for 3 days... as he is also covering another, far worse area.

You can see why people take the law into their own hands on occasions
AO Silver Member

County: Somerset

Quote:
Originally Posted by G5een View Post
I wonder if Darwin would have published his theory if he witnessed them.

Scrounging pikey chavvy *******s. I'd sooner live next to hard working immegrants than our scrounging lot.
AO Silver Member

County: Cambridgeshire

The other side of the coin.

BBC NEWS | UK | UK society 'demonising' children

Mind you, act like demons... get demonised It is hard to have sympathy for their demonic status when people get beaten/stabbed to death by kids for asking them to to stop making a nuicance... or just for being goth.

Unfortunately the sort of parent behaviour quoted above appears to be more prevalent.. the most extreme case being the behaviour of one of the mothers in the Sophia Maltby case.

Det Supt Mick Gradwell, of Lancashire police, accused the parents of the gang of "appalling" behaviour in the run-up to the trial. He said that Harris and his mother had laughed and joked so much during initial interviews that detectives had to speak to the boy's solicitor.

"There was a total lack of parental control and I really don't think they have taken completely seriously how repulsive this incident was.
AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

Found the rant room then mj !!!

On the bumper issue, in the 'good old' days, bumpers used to be just that 'bumpers' Solid pieces of metal for cars to bump off each other with. Not the flimsy bits of painted plastic we have mounted to cars now.

Bring back steel bumpers !!!!
AO Member

Member car:

156 Sportwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by G5een View Post
Probably won't be long til we find out...

"Mummy you have lovely hands, how come they're so soft?"

"Because I'm 12"

etc...
AO Silver Member

County: Surrey

As this thread started...its not just kids. Old people think they can do what they like just because they 'lived through a war'. I had one reverse into my old car and drive off leaving my number plate smashed on the floor. Thankfully that was all the damage. There would have been a lot more damage if i had caught up with them.

Then there are the idiots who 'key' cars who clearly dont own cars themselves because then they would know how much it costs to repair.

Then there are the careless selfish ***holes in car parks who slam prams, doors, cars, trolleys into peoples cars. Just because they drive ***t heaps does nt mean i want too. Grrrrrrrrrrrr

I have issues.
AO Silver Member

Just got back from the local supermarket. Was followed all the way there by a woman in an oldish black Punto. We both pull in to the car park, which was virtually deserted, and i park, like i always do, at least 50 yards from the nearest car. Anyway, she parks right beside me. I am already ****ed off by that so just sit there and wait for her to get out....which she doesn't. She just sits there staring at her lap. Maybe she was on the phone texting or something. Anyway, so after a few minutes i get out and start walking slowly towards the shop. Seconds later there's a bang as she opens her door on to mine.

I go back to my car and she just walks right past me. I catch her up and get her attention and point out that there is another mark in my n/s door and she just shrugs and walks away.

What can i do? I cant get overly aggressive as its a woman. I dont want to stand in the car park and scream my lungs out, although i feel like doing it, and i certainly wont deliberately damage her car no matter how mad i am. So i compose myself, get to the shop door and the rent-a-cop **** stops me. He's not going to let me in as the woman feels threatened by me so i have to leave.

Ok, so now i'm really steaming. My first instinct is push the git out of the way and carry on with my shopping. I am shaking i am so mad. But i know if i do that then the police will get involved and all for a little scratch in my paintwork. It's just not worth it.

I walk back to my car and the temptation to damage hers is almost unbearable, but with the git on the door probably watching me and the fact that i wouldnt sleep too well knowing that i had delberately damaged someones car, i just drive away.

This is the first time i have ever see someone seemingly deliberately damage my possessions, and i hope it is the last. Or at least for it to be a bloke so that i get relieve some of this tension i got.

I should have just moved the car forward out of her way.

AO Silver Member

County: Surrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_K View Post
I have issues.
No you don't - unfortunately the world is just generally full of inconsiderate people
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaspeed View Post
Just got back from the local supermarket. Was followed all the way there by a woman in an oldish black Punto. We both pull in to the car park, which was virtually deserted, and i park, like i always do, at least 50 yards from the nearest car. Anyway, she parks right beside me. I am already ****ed off by that so just sit there and wait for her to get out....which she doesn't. She just sits there staring at her lap. Maybe she was on the phone texting or something. Anyway, so after a few minutes i get out and start walking slowly towards the shop. Seconds later there's a bang as she opens her door on to mine.

I go back to my car and she just walks right past me. I catch her up and get her attention and point out that there is another mark in my n/s door and she just shrugs and walks away.

What can i do? I cant get overly aggressive as its a woman. I dont want to stand in the car park and scream my lungs out, although i feel like doing it, and i certainly wont deliberately damage her car no matter how mad i am. So i compose myself, get to the shop door and the rent-a-cop **** stops me. He's not going to let me in as the woman feels threatened by me so i have to leave.

Ok, so now i'm really steaming. My first instinct is push the git out of the way and carry on with my shopping. I am shaking i am so mad. But i know if i do that then the police will get involved and all for a little scratch in my paintwork. It's just not worth it.

I walk back to my car and the temptation to damage hers is almost unbearable, but with the git on the door probably watching me and the fact that i wouldnt sleep too well knowing that i had delberately damaged someones car, i just drive away.

This is the first time i have ever see someone seemingly deliberately damage my possessions, and i hope it is the last. Or at least for it to be a bloke so that i get relieve some of this tension i got.

I should have just moved the car forward out of her way.

I can understand you steaming up on that one............ Too many of them about !!!!

Cheers To All
Peter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj_swansea View Post
they have since put a lovely scratch along my car, with what looks like a pedal of a bike...
That says it all. If indeed that is the case, what hope do kids have under the influence of lowlife parents such as that... Incredibly frustrating!!
AO Member

Member car:

RED156 vel.FiXED

Quote:
Originally Posted by howell811 View Post
Found the rant room then mj !!!

On the bumper issue, in the 'good old' days, bumpers used to be just that 'bumpers' Solid pieces of metal for cars to bump off each other with. Not the flimsy bits of painted plastic we have mounted to cars now.

Bring back steel bumpers !!!!
MMM chrome bumpers on a silver(ish) 166
You'll be wanting chrome rubbing strips next
AO Platinum Member

County: Newport

I had my car parked on the road the other day with the roof down and caught a couple of kids with rather large water guns spraying water into it - a quick shout and they scarpered.

I then got the women across the road shouting at me for having a go at the kids (Nots her by the way) - I just told her straight that what would she do if they were spraying water through her open window or did she want to pay for the stereo that they had just covered in water - she soon shut up and went back inside.

People like her anger me cos if it was one of my kids and her car she would be banging on the door complaining.

Mind you if I caught one of mine doing that - they would be made to apologise / pocket money docked and grounded for a month

AO Silver Member

County: Devon

Member car:

159 1.9jtdm

I got up this morning to find a car parked infront of my driveway. i waited till I was nearly late for work, for him to move it i might add.
When there was no sign, i called a mate who brought his car over, we attached a tow rope and dragged his car out the way.
At this point he appeared with a friend and had a go. while my mate was detaching his car from the van. I very calmy pointed out that he had made me late for work and would he kindly not park infront of my drive again. He asked what I would do if he did so i told him i would put him on his backside (all very calmly) at which point he stated that he would park it there from now on............................at which point I put him on his backside, his mate scarpered and he jumped in and drove off very quickly.
I dont condone violence but as he was about to go for me i thought i better get in first.....and i bet he's not there in the morning, cos now I know where he lives
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafe005 View Post
I got up this morning to find a car parked infront of my driveway. i waited till I was nearly late for work, for him to move it i might add.
When there was no sign, i called a mate who brought his car over, we attached a tow rope and dragged his car out the way.
At this point he appeared with a friend and had a go. while my mate was detaching his car from the van. I very calmy pointed out that he had made me late for work and would he kindly not park infront of my drive again. He asked what I would do if he did so i told him i would put him on his backside (all very calmly) at which point he stated that he would park it there from now on............................at which point I put him on his backside, his mate scarpered and he jumped in and drove off very quickly.
I dont condone violence but as he was about to go for me i thought i better get in first.....and i bet he's not there in the morning, cos now I know where he lives

Now thats my kind of arbitration

Having suffered this type of problem before it is bloody annoying - I have one neighbour who parks on their drive but when he gets visitors they block mine.

I have now quite politely said to him why the hell cant they park across your drive as they are visiting you and you wont be going out will you - I may need to move my car.

The look i got was like I was from another planet.

My response - I have blocked his drive a few times when he has visitors and he then comes to ask me to move my car, he has now got the message and they park in front of his drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaspeed View Post
At that point you declare quite loadly that either she stops and gives you her insurance details so you can claim for the damage or you are calling the police and reporting her for criminal damage and leaving the scene of an accident.
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

yes I agree with all these. maybe part of a rant but in my estate we have what is called "OPEN PLAN" not so much of a plan but ... 2 neighbours up (if you know what I mean) they play football.... now i polish and wash ( ok Wash and polish! it is late ) and they continuually hit the ball of my car and even though im there never apoligise.....so where im originally from we deal with things our own way ....... so I decided that i would walk from time to time across their garden ( she is a garden lover) and the "lady" of the house asked me why i was using her garden... My reply was that her children were using my car as a goalpost...they now play in their own area.... i dont walk on her garden... job done

Run away with my wife kill my child but dont touch my car

CYCLISTS! THEY PAY NOTHING I TELL YA NOTHING
FRANKLY i DON'T GIVE A DAMN
IF THE ABS LIGHT IS ON ITS TOO LATE !
100% OF NON SMOKERS DIE TOO
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dermo156Ti View Post
yes I agree with all these. maybe part of a rant but in my estate we have what is called "OPEN PLAN" not so much of a plan but ... 2 neighbours up (if you know what I mean) they play football.... now i polish and wash ( ok Wash and polish! it is late ) and they continuually hit the ball of my car and even though im there never apoligise.....so where im originally from we deal with things our own way ....... so I decided that i would walk from time to time across their garden ( she is a garden lover) and the "lady" of the house asked me why i was using her garden... My reply was that her children were using my car as a goalpost...they now play in their own area.... i dont walk on her garden... job done

If only all the solutions were that simple - I'm sure most people arond me would have a go at me for damaging their pansy's and stuff my car.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page