Worse driving I have ever seen. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

EddieGTA

Worse driving I have ever seen.

So yesterday I was out with my folks visiting an aunt, and we are on our way back on the M25. It must have been due to the end of the half term but it was pretty busy for a Sunday.

Anyway, there is a guy in a BMW 7 series in the fast lane dawdling about overtaking and pretty much driving at the same speed as the guy in the middle lave, blocking the fast lane. There is nowt my dad can do but wait for Mr BM to get past, so he is just being patient. There then appears a new shape megane in my dads mirror, ridiculously close to our bumper flashing his lights and making rude gestures. needles to say he got some back, but this is where it gets unbelievable. Once we are past the car in the middle lane and the 7 series is out our way, he slices up the inside and cuts us up nearly taking out the front of our car as there really wasn't the room.

Not only risking his life, our lives and everyone around us but as he cam up the inside there was a little girl of about 5 or 6 sitting in his back seat.

Don't get me wrong I have broken the speed limit, and had my moments. But to do that with a little kid in the back!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: Essex
Re: Worse driving I have ever seen.

Should have his licence taken away... Having a small child in the car just makes it worse.

Another example of people flashing their lights to folk who are abiding to the speed limits............ What a muppet... its the arrogance to assume flashing and tail gating will make you move over quicker......... people like that need some manners and he'd be the first person to say the biggest danger to his daughter is 'them peado's' or 'Them terrorists' cause of what he reads in The Sun......... no mate, the biggest danger to your own daughter......is YOU!!!!
AO Silver Member

County: -

I think the pressures of everyday life plays a huge part in this. I bet if you met the guy down the pub he would be one of the nicest blokes you ever met. Not excusing his behaviour but we all feel the pinch now and again. The difference is some people can handle it better.
AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

RRS TDV8 HSE

For a minute there Eddie I thought you were going to say you were on the M1 South bound last evening

I see some right :sw: s on the road but a guy in a Ford Focus last night just defied description... he undertook by swerving across all 3 (and at one point 4 lanes ) and was tailgating (inches from the car in front) at over 90mph and even putting wheels over the white line to the central reservation in an attempt to bully the car(s) in front into getting out of his way !!

And then his antics through the roadworks were

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Nomes when I lay my vengeance upon you.
AO Bratpacker No1
D I L L I G A F
*Muppet Attack Mode Activated*
AO Platinum Member

County: Surrey

Welcome to the my M25 world ... kill or be killed!!!
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad View Post
For a minute there Eddie I thought you were going to say you were on the M1 South bound last evening

I see some right :sw:s on the road but a guy in a Ford Focus last night just defied description... he undertook by swerving across all 3 (and at one point 4 lanes ) and was tailgating (inches from the car in front) at over 90mph and even putting wheels over the white line to the central reservation in an attempt to bully the car(s) in front into getting out of his way !!

And then his antics through the roadworks were
Aye there were a lot of tw*ts on the M1 around Luton last night. I saw and as cut up by several chavmobiles (and even some normal cars) as they desperately tried to progress through the roadworks by slicing across all 2/3/4 lanes
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaspeed View Post
I think the pressures of everyday life plays a huge part in this. I bet if you met the guy down the pub he would be one of the nicest blokes you ever met. Not excusing his behaviour but we all feel the pinch now and again. The difference is some people can handle it better.
I'm not so sure. In my experience, a prat in a car is also a complete prat in life.

g
AO Silver Member

County: Hertfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156Chris View Post
Welcome to the my M25 world ... kill or be killed!!!
What he said, I used the M25 daily for 2 years and saw that kind of behaviour all the time. Bloody disgraceful.

Thankfully I now have a 3 mile commute

M
AO Silver Member

County: Hampshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterchase View Post
What he said, I used the M25 daily for 2 years and saw that kind of behaviour all the time. Bloody disgraceful.

Thankfully I now have a 3 mile commute

M
Daily for two years????............. I'd be a "Homicidal Axe Weilding Lunatic" long before two years was up!!!!!

Cheers To All
Peter
AO Silver Member

County: Nicosia

Quote:

+1
AO Member

County: Ceredigion

Wait until they start using the hard shoulder as planned by our lovely government, as an extra lane.

Some people don't even understand the basic principles of a 3 lane M'way let alone a 4 or 5 lane.

I was lead to believe that you don't have to be a lorry driver to use the inside lane, that the middle lane is for overtaking the people in the slow lane and the outside lane is for overtaking the people that are overtaking the peeps in the slow lane.

When you have finished over taking everyone back in the inside lane (if all clear) as all 3 lanes are 70 mph.

But it is not as bad as coming down the slip road, stopping at the dotted white line and then pull on to the motorway. Treating it as a Giveway on the m'way. I was behind someone who did this onto the M4. An what made it worse they were towing a caravan.
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev666 View Post
But it is not as bad as coming down the slip road, stopping at the dotted white line and then pull on to the motorway. Treating it as a Giveway on the m'way. I was behind someone who did this onto the M4. An what made it worse they were towing a caravan.

I hope you flashed your lights, beeped your horn and gave him/her the finger as you undertook him ...

Quote:
Thats a fair comment.

I know a few peeps who drive like [email protected] at times but are generally laid back peeps, weired really.

Doesn't make it ok though, kids in the back too
AO Member

Garage

Had a similar experience on the A34 3 weeks ago and it was a Focus again, I was an observer driving my van south when this said Focus caught up behind me and started to tail gate , carried on sticking to the speed limit(the van doesnt go that quick) in the outside lane as I was passing a (yawn) Vectra and a Citreon towing a caravan, anyway as I was passing the Vectra the Vectra indicated he wanted to move and pass the caravan, obviously the vectra driver did not see the Focus because he was in his blind spot (being too close to me) and he nearly hit the Focus, at this point, I was laughing. The focus shoved the vectra into the inside verge and sped off passing me and shouting and gesturing to which i clapped him for being so clever. I wonder if it was the same youth?.

Phat 33.

Why does this happen so much, again today travelling to Nottingham via A46 from Leicester and some ***** (rhymes with 'lick' for the over 18's) steams up as i'm passing a lorry (in the rain) and makes as if i'm holding up his life (i'm probably saving it!!) by going 70mph............. he then flashes lights, get real close, and to top it off as i'm pulling back into 'slow' lane (and indicating) he tries to undertake and nearly takes us both out...... its just crazy. Thing is surely even these guys sometimes just wanna chill out and not go 110 all the time?? Are they rushing home? or late for appointments..(reps!!!)...God knows......

Last edited by GranTurismo; 03-06-08 at 22:31. Reason: i'm dumb dude.
EddieGTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain.Oglethorpe View Post
Had a similar experience on the A34 3 weeks ago and it was a Focus again, I was an observer driving my van south when this said Focus caught up behind me and started to tail gate , carried on sticking to the speed limit(the van doesnt go that quick) in the outside lane as I was passing a (yawn) Vectra and a Citreon towing a caravan, anyway as I was passing the Vectra the Vectra indicated he wanted to move and pass the caravan, obviously the vectra driver did not see the Focus because he was in his blind spot (being too close to me) and he nearly hit the Focus, at this point, I was laughing. The focus shoved the vectra into the inside verge and sped off passing me and shouting and gesturing to which i clapped him for being so clever. I wonder if it was the same youth?.
You were kinder than me. As the **** came past us on the inside I indicated to the bloke that an appendage usually in the trouser area was hanging from his forehead He didn't seem to like that, truth hurts I suppose.

AO Member

Garage

I'm afraid that most days of my driving are spent in and out of London, i think i have numbed to some of peoples antics behind the wheel, and town driving (in london) is very much dog eat dog. I hate London, its not a capital to be proud of anymore......but i will save that disscsion for another thread.
EddieGTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain.Oglethorpe View Post
I'm afraid that most days of my driving are spent in and out of London, i think i have numbed to some of peoples antics behind the wheel, and town driving (in london) is very much dog eat dog. I hate London, its not a capital to be proud of anymore......but i will save that disscsion for another thread.
I totally agree. For a time I was driving to work when I worked on Southbank, going from Kent into central London was so stressfull trying to judge what idiotic thing is going to happen next, it was mentally and physically exhausting. I had a few days driving the other week for courses West of London and it was as much as I could take.

I don't live in London which is I prefer, but I am close enough to be convenient. I don't see me continuing to work in London and would sooner take a pay cut in the future and move further out to get some life back.

AO Member

Garage

i would also consider a pay cut to avoid driving to the city if offered. The M3 is ok the M25 is ok (I start work at 5.45am to avoid traffic) but once in Chiswick area and beyond towards the sh%ty the blinkers come on. But at least I do this in a toyota van not me shiny 33 .

It's a stressful old world out there indeed, especially the grind of the daily commute, but I find that since I got my Alfa I'm a lot less likely to get wound up. Just let the idiots get on with it and I'll enjoy sitting behind my wheel, soon be evening/weekend and I can go for a proper burn!
AO Silver Member

County: Wiltshire
A 303 On a Monday Morning

In a line of traffic overtaking a slow moving truck when white van man decides it's all too much to wait in turn and starts to undertake the line of traffic behind me - I estimate at 85 - 90 mph.
The gap between me and the truck is decreasing but WVM still wasn't giving in. At the last moment he barges in behind me - all I can see is the grill and lights at 80 ish THEN there is another WVM doing the same thing

There have not been many occasions when I have felt genuinely scared when driving, this was one of them.

I did the only thing I could do when the guy in front moved over and that was to bury my right foot in the carpet to get the f*** out of his way.

That road scares me at times, at 70 everything overtakes you.

Rob

Brilliant Blue 156 GTA SportWagon

2011 Ghiaccio Bianco 159 2.0 ltr JTDm Lusso SportWagon
AO Member

Garage

Ahh only to live in Yorkshire, long winding empty roads, I'm originally from the Lakes, wish I could drive me motor up there more often, East and west Sussex and hants have some good roads but all too busy I'm afraid.
AO Member

County: Ceredigion

I live in West Wales and whenever I go anywhere there are no roundabouts traffic lights or traffic sometimes.

A trip to my shops is a winding hilly road and an average speed of 60 mph all the way.

No rush hour traffic in the morning or evening.

The joy of motoring.

Iechyd dda. Whoosh.
EddieGTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev666 View Post
I live in West Wales and whenever I go anywhere there are no roundabouts traffic lights or traffic sometimes.

A trip to my shops is a winding hilly road and an average speed of 60 mph all the way.

No rush hour traffic in the morning or evening.

The joy of motoring.

Iechyd dda. Whoosh.
Git

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page