blind drivers - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 9 Old 26-05-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

RED156 vel.FiXED

blind drivers

Why are some people allowed license when not only are they do they stay in the outside lane of the motorway at 60mph, they wander all over the road approching roundabaouts and when they do pull on they do an emergency stop cos theres car not approching but signaling and going off the junction before before

and yes i did run into the back of the blind waste of carbon who didn't give a rats ares cos his car wasa motorbillity freebie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

Re: blind drivers

It rattles me when people stray into your lane on roundabouts without a care in the world, and when you toot them or flash they shake their heads in bewilderment.
(Post Link) post #3 of 9 Old 26-05-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

RED156 vel.FiXED

been told its my fault as well fuggin insurance ( no other witnesses)
AO Platinum Member

County: Oxfordshire

It really annoys me people who stray into your lane on roundabouts. I was nearly sandwiched the other day, the guy on the inside lane started drifting outwards into my lane (the middle), I had to stamp my brakes to stop myself being sandwiched against the car on the outside lane.

It really makes me wonder where these people get thier driving licences..

Last edited by symon; 27-05-08 at 07:25.
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

While in london a few years ago in a Taxi (cab?) notice the driver at roundabouts not looking at traffic but concentrating on the car in front ....was puzzled as I THINK im a good driver....so asked why.. he said that a number of years ago he was on a roundabout and was waiting and watching for a gap... car in front took off and he went for the gap only to find that the driver in front decided he wouldn't make it and stopped....he was also told it was his fault.... so he decided that he would always watch the car in front and wait till the car in front was definately gone before he proceeded ... he said he has not hit a car on a roundabout since.... Now I have done the same since then and it has worked for me..... I feel for you jinxred156 but over here no matter what the situation if you hit anybody in the rear YOU are at fault ... Why do these people go and then stop cant understand .... remember people cant seem to make decisions... come across alot of them in day to day life outside of driving ....

And guess what some of them drive as well!

Run away with my wife kill my child but dont touch my car

CYCLISTS! THEY PAY NOTHING I TELL YA NOTHING
FRANKLY i DON'T GIVE A DAMN
IF THE ABS LIGHT IS ON ITS TOO LATE !
100% OF NON SMOKERS DIE TOO
AO Silver Member

County: Aberdeenshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dermo156Ti View Post
While in london a few years ago in a Taxi (cab?) notice the driver at roundabouts not looking at traffic but concentrating on the car in front ....was puzzled as I THINK im a good driver....so asked why.. he said that a number of years ago he was on a roundabout and was waiting and watching for a gap... car in front took off and he went for the gap only to find that the driver in front decided he wouldn't make it and stopped....he was also told it was his fault.... so he decided that he would always watch the car in front and wait till the car in front was definately gone before he proceeded ... he said he has not hit a car on a roundabout since.... Now I have done the same since then and it has worked for me..... I feel for you jinxred156 but over here no matter what the situation if you hit anybody in the rear YOU are at fault ... Why do these people go and then stop cant understand .... remember people cant seem to make decisions... come across alot of them in day to day life outside of driving ....

Interesting.

Ever since i first learned to drive i always use the same technique on roundabouts, first of all, i will never enter the roundabout untill it is my turn and i have stopped first (assuming it is not clear) (guarentee no rear enders). then i will never go round side by side with someone so i don't get sandwiched. i know of a few cases recently that had i gone in side by side i would have been hit so just as well.
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

You've not seen Frankie driving yet Jinks ?
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dermo156Ti View Post

I do a lot of driving in London and have to agree that there is a certain way to do it. I have been told not to worry about whats beside you and to just concentrate on whats ahead and behind. I thought they were slightly crazy but after a while it is the best way. Weird.
(Post Link) post #9 of 9 Old 27-05-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

RED156 vel.FiXED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransoman View Post
Interesting.

Ever since i first learned to drive i always use the same technique on roundabouts, first of all, i will never enter the roundabout untill it is my turn and i have stopped first (assuming it is not clear) (guarentee no rear enders). then i will never go round side by side with someone so i don't get sandwiched. i know of a few cases recently that had i gone in side by side i would have been hit so just as well.
That may well work in aberdeen or other quiet areas but try that around here and you'll never move roundabouts are never empty enough to do that

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

« Gutted | Vegans »
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page