Bellends. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

7Likes
  • 4 Post By Scudetto
  • 1 Post By Sterzo
  • 2 Post By chrishendrix

(Post Link) post #1 of 11 Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

County: Surrey
Cliveden House has an air of notoriety to it, due to the Profumo affair of the 1960s. But like all things that possess true dignity, it’s proved to be bigger than that event, and today you sense it’s enjoying its more fitting role as a rather splendid National Trust property.

Access to the house comes via a rather gracious loose white gravel drive. It’s about 200 metres long, and very wide, as befits a grand arrival at a sumptuous house.

However, the drive way is a shared space; there are vehicles on it, young couples pushing child buggies, others walking dogs, and the elders supported by families or by walking sticks; therefore, the entrance carries a sensible speed limit of 15mph - apt for the environment, apt for the house and apt for the folks meandering on the road. It’s all rather appropriately civilised.

Until an oik turns up.

In this case, an oik in a 3 Series. The warning signs were there early on. A number plate with letters and numbers moved to spell his name (and like all of them, it read TO**ER)

Then there was the obligatory ‘M’ badge on what was clearly a stock 3er diesel. But - and possibly you have seen this fashion too - one of the front kidneys (maybe even his own kidney) had the ‘M’ colours painted on it from top to bottom. A fake of a fake M? Such delusion is oddly admirable.

Less admirable, was how on loose gravel, with people (ah, an audience!) all around him - young couples with kids, families, dogs, the elders, etc - he decided to race toward the house and test his traction control by booting the throttle, spinning the rear wheels and spitting stones, dust, debris and diesel muck right into what had been - until then - a perfectly serene environment. He got the attention of his audience, that’s for sure. What word did his number plate spell again? Ah, yes...

But what I have discovered in life is this; where there is one c05k monkey, sadly, you’ll usually find another. And our second moron showed up less than two seconds later. Bring on the garishly coloured, anti socially styled Ford Ranger Raptor. This moron went one step further than our ‘M’ series driver, booting the throttle so hard that not only did he get the stones spitting everywhere and dust gagging everyone, he got into a sideways skid; that’s the driving behaviour he thought was appropriate on a 15mph road, occupied by people and dogs wandering around.

I am convinced that no matter where you are in the UK today - no matter how pleasant or civilised - you are never more than five seconds away from your path crossing with that of a major bellend.

Or, if you’re really unlucky, two of them.

A driver is always faithful to a car that's always faithful to its driver.

Sometimes in the darkest hour, love comes shining through.
Then it doesn't seem so far from me to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 11 Old 1 Week Ago
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulietta 150MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scudetto View Post
I am convinced that no matter where you are in the UK today - no matter how pleasant or civilised - you are never more than five seconds away from your path crossing with that of a major bellend.

Or, if you’re really unlucky, two of them.
True, but you always have been.

Back in the sixties it would have been a Cortina with an elbow sticking out of the driver's window, or in the 1790's a one-horse phaeton with huge diameter wheels. My memory doesn't quite go back to ancient Egypt, but there is a stone tablet decrying the manners of today's youth, saying your daughters aren't safe in the street, and that nothing's been any good since the reign of Phiops II.
Scudetto likes this.
(Post Link) post #3 of 11 Old 1 Week Ago
AO Gold Member

County: Greater London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterzo View Post
True, but you always have been.

Back in the sixties it would have been a Cortina with an elbow sticking out of the driver's window, or in the 1790's a one-horse phaeton with huge diameter wheels. My memory doesn't quite go back to ancient Egypt, but there is a stone tablet decrying the manners of today's youth, saying your daughters aren't safe in the street, and that nothing's been any good since the reign of Phiops II.
True, arseholism extends through the epochs and across national borders, and can no doubt be identified in the fossil records in layers of sedimentary rock laid down since the beginning of time

....but there's little doubt that 2019 UK will be a particularly rich vein for our distant descendents to look back on....
Scudetto and mas430 like this.
(Post Link) post #4 of 11 Old 1 Week Ago
AO Platinum Member

County: Kent
Britain is devoid of a certain level of dignity nowadays. There’s a “nothing to lose from being an @rse’ole” since just over three years ago.
(Post Link) post #5 of 11 Old 1 Week Ago
AO Silver Member

County: Nottinghamshire

Member car:

159 SW TBi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cue2 View Post
Britain is devoid of a certain level of dignity nowadays. There’s a “nothing to lose from being an @rse’ole” since just over three years ago.
Britain has been devoid of dignity for far longer than that...
(Post Link) post #6 of 11 Old 1 Week Ago
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulietta 150MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmicusPro View Post
Britain has been devoid of dignity for far longer than that...
You used to be able to invite the Prince Regent to vomit at your parties. At the same time, British import/export companies employed armies to hack at the inhabitants of distant lands, and you could buy MPs without having to keep it secret. That's when Britain was at its greatest.
(Post Link) post #7 of 11 Old 1 Week Ago
AO Platinum Member

When I was my son’s age it was on the news quite often that Britain was providing mediators internationally along with Kissinger and I don’t get the impression anybody would invite a Brit today to bring a rational angle to any negotiations.
(Post Link) post #8 of 11 Old 1 Week Ago
AO Platinum Member

County: West Yorkshire
Garage

Member car:

Lexus

Quote:
When I was my son’s age it was on the news quite often that Britain was providing mediators internationally along with Kissinger and I don’t get the impression anybody would invite a Brit today to bring a rational angle to any negotiations.
A not so veiled brexit dig?
(Post Link) post #9 of 11 Old 1 Week Ago
AO Platinum Member

No. A general observation of how we are perceived.
AO Member

Member car:

alfa147 1.9 jtd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbout View Post
A not so veiled brexit dig?
It seeps from every pore....

Quote:
AO Platinum Member

Maybe we should “just get it over with”
then?
Nothing wrong with observing that so many people were given permission to be absolute @rseholes from about 30 or 40 months ago.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page