Spare Part robbery. Can you beat it? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

2Likes
  • 1 Post By symon
  • 1 Post By SapoGrande

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 11-05-19 Thread Starter

County: Norfolk
Spare Part robbery. Can you beat it?

I recently had a parking sensor fail on my 159. I saw them for sale on Ebay for £11 to £25 but wanted an official Alfa part so I went to my local Alfa main dealer who are Motor Vogue, Bedford.

I hope you can imagine my amazement when I was quoted £182.65 for 1 sensor!!! 😳 That is around 10 times the usual price for a parking sensor. Can anyone beat this amazing Alfa markup?

Oh yes, I contacted Alfa Romeo Customer services to tell them that such apparent overcharging is going to damage their reputation because their customers will feel abused when being asked to pay so much more. Their reply? Main dealers set the price so, basically, Alfa were not interested. Good Alfa customer services!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: Oxfordshire
Did you try shop4parts?

Most of the stuff they sell is genuine or made by the original supplier but sold at a cheaper price.

there is also a 10% forum discount if you ask for a code in this thread.

https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/gene...hop4parts.html (Exclusive Discount code for shop4parts)

https://www.shop4parts.co.uk/?name=s...arking_Sensors
cue2 likes this.
(Post Link) post #3 of 5 Old 11-05-19 Thread Starter

Thanks. That is less than a third of the cost from Motor Vogue.

My point was however not so much where to get them cheaper but the shere eye watering effrontary and profiteering of Alfa's own part charges. When you consider what equivalent vehicle manufacturers charge then Alfa is overcharging by multiple times.

I lost a key recently. The insurance company told me a Ferrari key costs less than an Alfa key; and those cars cost 5 times what an Alfa costs.

I realise there are many on this forum to whom an extra £100 means nothing but I do wonder if I am totally alone in feeling Alfa are taking the **** with their part charges?
AO Detailing COTY Winner 2018
Membro Premio

County: Suffolk
Garage
Alfa parts do, indeed, seem disproportionately expensive - but I've found the answer: run a 40 year old Alfetta saloon and buy all your parts from the main dealer.

The last time I tried to do that was in the hope of buying genuine oil and air filters from my local dealer. The parts guy looked it up on his computer, looked me in the eye and confidently announced, "there's no such car sir".

Maybe the only thing worse than over-priced dealer parts is no parts at all - not even a filter. And the only thing worse than that is for the dealer to deny that the car ever existed...

Currently driving....
Alfetta 2.0L saloon | Honda CR-Z Sport | Honda Insight EX | Honda CR-V EX iMMD Electric Hybrid
(Post Link) post #5 of 5 Old 11-05-19 Thread Starter

That seems bad but at least they did not try and sell you an airfilter for a car that does not exist for £254:67!! 😉
RobM likes this.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page