I see Alfas everywhere!!!!!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 10 Old 04-05-08 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: -
I see Alfas everywhere!!!!!!

I think i will get a new job. I need the money anyway now that i have to pay tax on my tax, and i cant think of anything more easy than being a designer of a car. I could sit there with my little pad and pencil and think up anything from my imagination. Something that would make people go weak at the knees and convince them that they had to own one. I could make the car company millions and in turn make myself millions. I would be idolised by the world and offered vast sums of cash to work at other companies. I would become a God amongst men and walk the Earth in a halo of light and have people bow at my feet.

I cant think of any job that would be better. And heres the real incentive. Theres no talent required. Cant draw? Doesnt matter. Have no imagination? Not important. Dont know your pen from a kitchen appliance? Its ok.

And when your done and the cars finished, its gleaming paintwork glinting in the sunshine, the deep black of newly formed rubber sitting menacingly on the tarmac, you will truly be a God...and it will look like an Alfa. The sharp point of the grill, the angry look in its eyes and the graceful rear. You will have made it into the history books. Everyone will want to be your friend and you will get invited to exclusive parties where all the girls will want to be your friend. You will be richer than God.

Sounds good doesnt it? I think so. But every silver lining has a cloud and this one is that the Alfa is losing its identity. With other cars slowly transforming there look the Alfa will soon be just another normal looking car amidst the throngs of traffic. Their individuality will be lost and part of the thrill of owning one will die. At the moment i can park it up anywhere and watch from afar as people turn to admire it. I can still feel the excitement each morning as i leave my house and see it for the first time each day, but that time is fading. For the day of a Alfa is coming to an end. Designers leave to offers of girls and parties and take their genius elsewhere. True talent is a gift and few people have it. It seems ours is gone too.

R.I.P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Global Mod Team

County: Tokyo
Re: I see Alfas everywhere!!!!!!

Don't think so mate. Look at the 8C and how that's going to permeate the new cars, from the MiTo onwards.

You'll still be able to recognise and admire an Alfa in the future
(Post Link) post #3 of 10 Old 04-05-08 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

They are 2 very good looking cars but they dont shout Alfa at you like the cars they have been making. The look isnt as defined as they once were. The 8C could be a BMW and the MiTo could be any euro small car. Soon it will be the badge only that distinguishes the Alfa from the other makes just like they all do now.
AO Member

I think there is an eliment of Italian insanity in the Alfa that is not in other marques that will make it stand out for some time to come, especially when you get inside.

I doubt anyone will be copying the 8c design cues in their smaller cars.

The MiTo is rather on the ugly side.
AO Member

County: Hampshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaspeed View Post
I cant think of any job that would be better. And heres the real incentive. Theres no talent required. Cant draw? Doesnt matter. Have no imagination? Not important. Dont know your pen from a kitchen appliance? Its ok.

I identify you as Mr Chris Bangle , and claim my 5.
(Post Link) post #7 of 10 Old 09-05-08 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by not dr155 View Post

I identify you as Mr Chris Bangle , and claim my £5.
Damn, my secret identity!!!! How did you know? Well looks like I need another one....hmm....where did I put my specs?

Whats £5 at the current exchange rate? Your £2.50 is in the post.
AO Platinum Member

County: South Lanarkshire

Totally confused by this post. Brera/159/Spider/8c all definately Italian through and through. How can anyone say an 8c should be a BMW?

Look at the tame, angular lines coming out of Germany, or from Ford. None have the Alfa curves.
AO Silver Member

mito!!!! ugly!!!!! should have gone to specsavers mate.
(Post Link) post #10 of 10 Old 10-05-08 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabberwocky View Post
mito!!!! ugly!!!!! should have gone to specsavers mate.
Neither car are ugly IMO i just think they lack a certain something that makes them stand out. The 8C is a fantastic car and it looks like a supercar but does it really stand out as an Alfa? I dont think so.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page