London carvdrivers - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 06-04-18 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Hertfordshire

Member car:

Giulia Speciale

London carvdrivers

On my motorbike and passing stationary traffic when someone decides to pull out to take a different way , knocked me off and bike not rideable. All at about 10 mph. Feeling a bit angry and looking forward to getting home and going out it my Alfa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: Riviera
****. Mirror, Signal, Manoeuvre ! it's not bloody rocket science, is it?

Bikers down here risk their lives every day with the standard of (erratic) driving.

No injuries, I hope?
(Post Link) post #3 of 6 Old 06-04-18 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Giulia Speciale

Nope, I’m fine. Chasing rac as recovery company saying wait 5 hrs and it’s already been 3
AO Platinum Member

County: Phnom Penh

Member car:

CRV/Jaaag

It's crap but at least you're in one piece.
AO Silver Member

County: Lincolnshire
Garage
I know this comment will not be popular however it seemed a reasonable place to raise the question rather than in a seperate thread.

Yesterday evening, as it was getting dusk, returning from London up the A1 we were in two lanes of traffic travelling at a similar speed some 10-15 mph below the national speed limit due to the usual problem of a medium sized commercial vehicle attempting to pass an HGV. I became aware that, behind me, a motorcycle was travelling up between the two lanes of traffic. Having passed me and a couple of cars infront and reached the rolling block he pulled across into the outside lane and directly infront of the first car obviously to ensure that as soon as the LGV started to pull over he could shoot up the outside. This caused a chain reaction of brakes down the outside lane.

I fully appreciate that a motorbike enables the rider to make better progress through traffic than a car does but at what point does it become foolhardy to use city centre tactics on the open road?

Procrastination is the thief of time
(Post Link) post #6 of 6 Old 09-04-18 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Giulia Speciale

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGr View Post
I know this comment will not be popular however it seemed a reasonable place to raise the question rather than in a seperate thread.

Yesterday evening, as it was getting dusk, returning from London up the A1 we were in two lanes of traffic travelling at a similar speed some 10-15 mph below the national speed limit due to the usual problem of a medium sized commercial vehicle attempting to pass an HGV. I became aware that, behind me, a motorcycle was travelling up between the two lanes of traffic. Having passed me and a couple of cars infront and reached the rolling block he pulled across into the outside lane and directly infront of the first car obviously to ensure that as soon as the LGV started to pull over he could shoot up the outside. This caused a chain reaction of brakes down the outside lane.

I fully appreciate that a motorbike enables the rider to make better progress through traffic than a car does but at what point does it become foolhardy to use city centre tactics on the open road?
Some do get ridiculous, had one the other week filtering between the lanes. I was doing 70 and he must have been doing 80+ easily. Absolutely nuts

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page