What a waste! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 24 Old 22-04-08 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

What a waste!

Whats your thoughts,
a person now has
a crimminal record.
for the crime of
over filling his waste bin.
by 4" inches.
pluss of course
a 200 pound fine

Is it me. or is this money
needed too help
pay for the upkeep
of my nieghbour not
worked for 23 yrs,
not past 55yrs of age
and in a band E detached home.

Sorry, I`m in a foul mood,
have just been informed of a passing of a friend
I hr, ago.

John.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Gold Member

County: West Yorkshire
Re: What a waste!

Sorry to hear about you friend John

& I'm afraid it's the same old rip off Britain with the bin scam
GJ
AO Platinum Member

County: Herefordshire

Member car:

Spider S4

There ain't no justice John.... and those of us who play by the rules never find it easy to live with the takers of this world.

Sorry to hear of your loss.... good friends aren't easy to come by.
(Post Link) post #4 of 24 Old 22-04-08 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Thank you my friends,
I`m choked,
but so angry
He`s younger than I,
Straight down the line
never shirked a thing in his
short life.
And always stood by his friends.
Guess thats why
Ive posted in the rant room

It should be me raging at the
night.

John.

Last edited by ludite; 22-04-08 at 16:07.
AO Rosso Alfa Member

County: Bristol

As said by others, sorry to hear of your loss John

AO Gold Member

County: South Africa
Garage

Member car:

Mito QV

Sorry to hear about your friend John

Sorry to hear John

Chris
AO Platinum Member

County: Essex

My condolences John.

Regarding the bins.. that is disgusting to hear.
AO Silver Member

County: -

Wow! Never new such laws existed. Glad I left the UK!!!!

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Full stroy: BBC NEWS | UK | England | Cumbria | Father fined for overfilling bin
AO Platinum Member

County: Essex

UN-Believable..
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria

Ridiculous state of affairs. I have also heard of people fined and criminalised for not properly sorting their recycling.
Nev

This is what the RantRoom is for J.

Have a good vent but also tell us
a story about your mate in WOT if
you can.

That's always a good way to mark a passing:
a story.

AO Platinum Member

County: Newport

Sorry about your friend John.

there was a case a year or so back about a guy who put the wrong waste material in his recycling bin - he was fined around £750 for what appeared to be a genuine mistake.

His attitude why bother to recycle if that what happens when a mistake is made - this country is going mad.

Regional Support
For Lincolnshire - AOL

All I can say about this is

Us normal people seem to be targeted more and more whilst the real bad eggs get a free and even subsidised ride.

Sorry about your friend John.
AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

RRS TDV8 HSE

The bin thing is a :sw: joke

Our bin men refuse (no pun intended ) to take the bins if they're even slightly open and search through them for stuff they consider shouldn't be in there and will leave them if they do !! The :sw: s

Phew

Sorry to hear about your mate JTL
AO Platinum Member

County: Surrey

Am I alone in thinking that the Government no longer 'governs'; instead, it's simply there to punish. At every turn, you're punished for the most utterly stupid things.

Unless you're a criminal - then of course you get 'counselling'.

But conduct the not especially lethal task of overfilling your bin, and you get a criminal record.

Rule Britannia.

g
Rayq81

John sorry to hear about your friend

The story about the bins just gives us another insight into the way this Goverment is ruling the country in what amounts to a War against the people of Great Britain, stupid laws designed by stupid ignorant people. This is a goverment who ranted about the Thatcher years and how she ruined the country, this is a goverment that was mainly financed by the unions and who now hammer the working people of Britain , this is a goverment on a mission to destroy the social fabric of the country and inflict its will no matter what , I hate them, I hate what they are doing to Britain and i hate the way we sit and take it, Surely its time to say enough is enough ?? I dare the Labour party to come to my door to canvass for my vote !! I will stick my Union Flag so far up their arses they will need a Dentist to remove it Rant over :2:

AO Platinum Member

Ray, i'm pleased you replied. I know that in the past you have urged us to fight against our Government, and I respect your fighting spirit. My view is more apathetic (and you have told me off for this ;-) ) but when shi5 like this bin situation happens, i throw my hands in the air and think, so just what can we do? We can fight and debate and picket, but does any of it make any actual difference when something like this can stealth-like stalk up behind us?

I don't have a party favourite. I don't care two hoots that in 1982 Thatcher did something good, or in 1973 Labour saved a chip shop in Wales.

I only care for now. I want a party that is making the UK's education, NHS etc Europe's best. All of that is being ignored, while instead they focus on the ****** that results in the bin scenario. I don't want this rubbish! It's like the future of the world's automotive industry being directed by the bozo in charge of the Morris Marina. Is that the best we can aspire to?

Instead, I want a Government that wakes every day and says 'ok, what am I going to do today that makes the life of the electorate that bit better?'

Unless I see a party doing that, then I can't have any interest in any of them.

I know that my apathy will make you cross, but i want to invest in winners and go getters that make life better, not lame excuses for leaders who relish the chance to make life more miserable. Why on earth should they inspire me?

How do we fix this? I think we probably both want the same thing, but are approaching it from different angles.

g

A driver is always faithful to a car that's always faithful to its driver.

Sometimes in the darkest hour, love comes shining through.
Then it doesn't seem so far from me to you.
Rayq81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scudetto View Post

How do we fix this? I think we probably both want the same thing, but are approaching it from different angles.

g
Scudetto you are right we do want the same things and we do approach it from different angles, and I appreciate how you feel, it sometimes seems that there is no way to fight what is very wrong with our Island. We have been conditioned to accept everything that is thrown at us but the majority of people actually despise what is going on in this Island. There are still people who care enough to shout and fight to sort out the robbery that successive goverments have inflicted and are inflicting on Britain. There are still people who care Scudetto all we need is the rest of the country to start caring and the fight will be won

AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayq81 View Post
Scudetto you are right we do want the same things and we do approach it from different angles, and I appreciate how you feel, it sometimes seems that there is no way to fight what is very wrong with our Island. We have been conditioned to accept everything that is thrown at us but the majority of people actually despise what is going on in this Island. There are still people who care enough to shout and fight to sort out the robbery that successive goverments have inflicted and are inflicting on Britain. There are still people who care Scudetto all we need is the rest of the country to start caring and the fight will be won
cool

so what's the plan matey? how do we make it better? what power do we have above and beyond writing a letter of complaint to our respective councillors?

Maybe this is a fight that goes above and beyond our politicians? Maybe the nation needs to take a step back, so as to take a long hard look at itself and ask - then state - what it expects of its Government, relative to what it expects as a nation? Maybe we've got bigger questions to ask:

What is Britain?
What do we - as a nation - want it strengths to be?
How can we capitalise on what we excel at as an island?

and only when those questions have been answered, can we ask 'ok, Mr Politico, what will you do to make it happen?" Maybe the balance of true power lies with us, and not with the politicos. After all, they are acting on their publics' behalf, but if we don't tell them what they want, they'll do as they like. But does the public really know what it wants? Or are we now subservant to what the Gov tell us we want?

As you can tell, my view of politics is pretty naive; but it strikes me as spectacularly wrong that this bin fine is deemed OK when more critical issues are by-passed again and again...

g
Rayq81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scudetto View Post
cool

so what's the plan matey? how do we make it better? what power do we have above and beyond writing a letter of complaint to our respective councillors?

Maybe this is a fight that goes above and beyond our politicians? Maybe the nation needs to take a step back, so as to take a long hard look at itself and ask - then state - what it expects of its Government, relative to what it expects as a nation? Maybe we've got bigger questions to ask:

What is Britain?
What do we - as a nation - want it strengths to be?
How can we capitalise on what we excel at as an island?

and only when those questions have been answered, can we ask 'ok, Mr Politico, what will you do to make it happen?" Maybe the balance of true power lies with us, and not with the politicos. After all, they are acting on their publics' behalf, but if we don't tell them what they want, they'll do as they like. But does the public really know what it wants? Or are we now subservant to what the Gov tell us we want?

As you can tell, my view of politics is pretty naive; but it strikes me as spectacularly wrong that this bin fine is deemed OK when more critical issues are by-passed again and again...

g
The first step has to be planning for the Election, urge all your friends family and anyone who will listen to get to a polling station, Now before everyone starts the whats the point in voting stuff hear me out. If we can get a big enough turnout at the polls and everyone votes for the most obscure parties (Not Labour, Con, or Lib whtever they call themselves) the country will have become unmanageable, imagine the problems they would have with all the different parties holding a few seats each, thats parliament disabled and unable to bring in new laws etc in the short term. The other ways to fight back, find out where your MP holds his surgeries go along and urge others to do so make them raise the issues in parliament, complain loud and hard and keep doing so, Write letters to the newspapers, Join in protest marches there is lots we can do, all we need is everyone to do a little bit, Stop looking at MPs AS SOME SORT OF ELITE, They are voted in to do what the majority want and im sure the majority want things to change. It only takes a few to start the ball rolling.
IM DOING MY BIT what about the rest of you ?

AO Platinum Member

County: herts

Only needs a reprimand, initially, until the flies and maggots migrate to neighbouring properties, imo?
147gtaiwish

Back to the bin tax!! I know of a guy in the Angus County who had his green bin, for all garden and veg/fruit waste, emptied on the street and checked by council inspectors not the refuse collectors but staff employed to check waste, to make sure it didn't have stones in it as it was thought to be to heavy just to be full of garden waste.

Result, one pavement covered in garden waste and a waste of time as it didn't have anything that wasn't meant to be in it. The bin owner handed the inspectors a brush a shovel and stood and watched then sweep up every last blade of grass!!
Then they had to send the refuse lorry back to empty that one bin!

More money, more time.

Last edited by 147gtaiwish; 24-04-08 at 08:47.

AO Silver Member

County: Cambridgeshire

Mother fined for dropping 'a bit of sausage roll' - Telegraph

Feckless mothers!! Thank God there was a civic minded pigeon on hand!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page