Living with 'The Ex.' - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 25 Old 19-04-08 Thread Starter

Living with 'The Ex.'

It's driving me nuts, the girlfirend I mentioned in previous threads a few months ago is now my ex.

I own the house we live in, and as such I was her landlord. On break up (at the end of January) I wanted her out within a month, but due to a combination of her circumstances (runs a business from home as her only source of income) I have been lenient and allowed her time to BUY a property to move into. I only swayed after she basically got on her ahnds and knees, begged and claimed I would only be a 'decent' bloke if I let her do this.

It is now towards the end of April. Her moving is still a month away at least as contract exchange is only just approaching. I am going out of my mind.

I cannot move on with my life because she is still here. I decided to split with her because I couldn't see a long term future between me and a woman who refused to divorce her ex, not because I ceased caring about her. (Despite my own faults, she wanted to stay with me.... I cannot understand why anyway! but anyhow....)

I have been on dates, couldn't take anything further, my new job requires me to set up a home office, she is in the only room in the house that I could do that with.

She is holding up my life! But I can't get rid of her. I am going crazy.... I am losing control of myself.

Guys, I don't know what I am asking, but I need some kind of relief here...... I cannot go on like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nev

Re: Living with 'The Ex.'

Jeeze man.

And she can't rent a place for a month because........?

Can't the guy she's legally still married to help her?

Global Mod Team

County: British Columbia
Garage

She must have friends she could move in with for the month. Let her keep her stuff at your house in the meantime but move her out. You need your sanity.
(Post Link) post #4 of 25 Old 19-04-08 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nev View Post
Jeeze man.

And she can't rent a place for a month because........?

Can't the guy she's legally still married to help her?

She can't rent because it would mean ending the buying process on this house and put her two grand or so worse off.

As for the bloke she is married to, apparently he is a complete Psychopath. And is preventing a divorce because it leaves her at a dissadvantage, as a result she is avoiding it.... or something. It is a f*cking mess, one i'm better off clear from.
(Post Link) post #5 of 25 Old 19-04-08 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicgal93 View Post
She must have friends she could move in with for the month. Let her keep her stuff at your house in the meantime but move her out. You need your sanity.
She is refusing. I have suggested, but she denied.
AO Platinum Member

County: Greater Manchester

tell her you want some backdoor action. she'll soon **** off.

sorry, i'm not helping am i?
AO Member

kick her arse out of your house now.
Damien_C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACAPULCO AL View Post

PMSL

God that is some joke that she hasn't fecked off yet hope it all works out ok for you

AO Silver Member

County: North Lanarkshire
Garage

You have my sympathies. I allowed my long term partner of 12yrs (now ex of course) to stay under my roof until such time as he got a place of his own. He milked it!!!

We "split up" in July 06. He didnt move out the house till January 07. It was a nightmare. Know exactly how you feel.

The only plus side in hindsight, was that due to my elastic patience, our split remained amicable, and there were no fights in the end up over who got what.

Grit your teeth. It will soon be over. Thinkin' of ya.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Admin Team

County: Hertfordshire

Quote:

You never fail to make me laugh Al.

But seriously Colin just hang in there mate it will soon be over. I have been in a similar position in the past and I know what a nightmare it can be. But by the sounds of it it will all be over in 4 weeks. Just try to spend as much time away from her as possible!
Admin Team

County: Hertfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by 147virgin View Post
You have my sympathies. I allowed my long term partner of 12yrs (now ex of course) to stay under my roof until such time as he got a place of his own. He milked it!!!

We "split up" in July 06. He didnt move out the house till January 07. It was a nightmare. Know exactly how you feel.

The only plus side in hindsight, was that due to my elastic patience, our split remained amicable, and there were no fights in the end up over who got what.

Grit your teeth. It will soon be over. Thinkin' of ya.
I can top that! I ended up giving in and selling the house to her and I moved out!! Work that one out - maybe one of the worst mistakes of my life!
Nev

Quote:
Or better still, does she have a sister?........

(Sorry)

AO Member

County: Fife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colinjb View Post
It's driving me nuts, the girlfirend I mentioned in previous threads a few months ago is now my ex.

I own the house we live in, and as such I was her landlord. On break up (at the end of January) I wanted her out within a month, but due to a combination of her circumstances (runs a business from home as her only source of income) I have been lenient and allowed her time to BUY a property to move into. I only swayed after she basically got on her ahnds and knees, begged and claimed I would only be a 'decent' bloke if I let her do this.

It is now towards the end of April. Her moving is still a month away at least as contract exchange is only just approaching. I am going out of my mind.

I cannot move on with my life because she is still here. I decided to split with her because I couldn't see a long term future between me and a woman who refused to divorce her ex, not because I ceased caring about her. (Despite my own faults, she wanted to stay with me.... I cannot understand why anyway! but anyhow....)

I have been on dates, couldn't take anything further, my new job requires me to set up a home office, she is in the only room in the house that I could do that with.

She is holding up my life! But I can't get rid of her. I am going crazy.... I am losing control of myself.

Guys, I don't know what I am asking, but I need some kind of relief here...... I cannot go on like this.

Sorry to hear that mate, sounds like hell!! stop being the "decent" bloke and just kick the biatch out!!if she was a "decent woman" she would have divorced her head case of an ex..and you two would be living happily ever after with a couple of his and hers alfas in the garage...so...to be brutally honest...***** her over...kick her out on the streets, its your house, and her problem..dont even think about feeling guilty for it! women are evil!! launch her !!!

good luck with it all mate....hope it goes ok!
fee
AO Silver Member

County: Lancashire

i must say you have been extremely patient Colin but she appears to be using your good nature to her advantage and taking the ****.
i'd give her a weeks notice. you have your own life to live and you ned to move on too. she's sitting comfortably while you're on hold.
ex partners have a way of making you feel responsible for them but your main responsibility is to yourself and your future.
good luck
AO Platinum Member

It's funny how the "ex" is always a complete psyco'

Maybe he got fed up with all her **** and kicked her out..? I'm very suspicious that she didn't divorce him yet. I can't think why she didn't do that, if he's the psycho...

Ralf S.
AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

Leave beer cans around, urinate in the plant pots and don't wash !!!

I hear the best thing to do is feed her to pigs.

You gotta starve the pigs for a few days, then the chopped-up body will look like curry to a ****head.

You gotta shave her head and pull her teeth out for the sake of the piggies' digestion.

You could do this afterwards, of course but you don't want to sieve through pig****, do you?

They will go through bone like butter. You need at least a dozen pigs to finish the job in one sitting, so be wary of any man who keeps a pig farm.

They will go through a body that weighs 200 pounds in about eight minutes. That means that a single pig can consume two pounds of uncooked flesh every minute.

Hence the expression..."as greedy as a pig".

Chris
AO Platinum Member

County: Durham

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisd_b View Post

You gotta starve the pigs for a few days, then the chopped-up body will look like curry to a ****head.

You gotta shave her head and pull her teeth out for the sake of the piggies' digestion.

You could do this afterwards, of course but you don't want to sieve through pig****, do you?

They will go through bone like butter. You need at least a dozen pigs to finish the job in one sitting, so be wary of any man who keeps a pig farm.

They will go through a body that weighs 200 pounds in about eight minutes. That means that a single pig can consume two pounds of uncooked flesh every minute.

Class film.
AO Silver Member

County: Durham
Garage

Member car:

156 Gta Q2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisd_b View Post

Chris
One of my favourite films and actually not a bad solution to your problem I know a man
(Post Link) post #20 of 25 Old 24-04-08 Thread Starter

Wow! Some progress has been made! She is moving out of the 30th May.

I'm stunned.
AO Silver Member

County: North Lanarkshire
Garage

Yay! Not long till you get your life back! Pleased for ya!
Nev

Hang in there.

Damien_C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell View Post
Class film.
What would I want a carvan with no wheels

I want to watch it now But don't have it.

Quote:

I'm stunned.

Happy to hear that man It should all go well now for you.

AO Member

County: Gwynedd

ahh sorry to hear that hun, you can move in with me & my dog if you want and ill sleep in my alfa or go have a look in ur boot of the car and im sure uve got a bottle of antifreeze there sumewhere
AO Platinum Member

Quote:

I'm stunned.
You didn't show her the "pig" post, did you...?

Ralf S.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page