The Police - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
(Post Link) post #1 of 107 Old 11-04-08 Thread Starter
Status: -
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,522
Not Happy The Police



I was a passenger in the works van this morning, traveling through Liverpool when both i and the driver (boss) noticed a lot of road blocks with police. Being in a plain red 55plate transit we knew we would get stopped at one point, neither of us had a problem it was obvious.

We got to the job did what we had to do then left, we drive through a road block and the officer radio'd through (here we go lol) next thing we get flagged down and stopped.
"You weren't wearing your seat belts up there were giving you a both tickets."

WHAT THE ****!!!!!!! we knew we would get pulled and the van checked out but seat belts?! we both had our seat belts on doing absolutely nothing wrong and yet got fined. What a farce. Funny thing is they didn't even check the van out.

I hope they have photographic evidence to clear our names as we genuinely had our belts on (we knew they were there, we drove past 10mins earlier ffs).

I'm writing a letter and taking it to the courts, but its not the point they picked us out of the crowd and did us because they can. to think Ive supported the police on other AO threads!

And they wonder why there losing the support of the general public
G5een is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Nev
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: The Police

Sad isn't it. Doesn't surprise me.

I think that one's in the police manual
under "let's see them get out of this stitch up"

Is there a seatbelt alarm on the van?
 
(Post Link) post #3 of 107 Old 11-04-08 Thread Starter
Status: -
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,522
Re: The Police

Nev i was waiting for you to show up
to think i've actually defended them them in the past has really got to me.

not sure what you mean by seatbelt alarm?
G5een is offline  
Status: One foot in, one foot out!
AO Platinum Member
 
zulu ferret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: wgc
County: herts
Posts: 42,278
Re: The Police

Your word against theirs, unless they ave dubious pictorial evidence I guess?:
zulu ferret is offline  
(Post Link) post #5 of 107 Old 11-04-08 Thread Starter
Status: -
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,522
Re: The Police

there were various camera vans around etc so hopefully were on them at some point.
G5een is offline  
Nev
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: The Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by G5een View Post
Nev i was waiting for you to show up
to think i've actually defended them them in the past has really got to me.

not sure what you mean by seatbelt alarm?



You know, annoyingly beeps at you
if you drive off with the belt not
attached.
 
Status: zzzzzzzz
AO Platinum Member
 
symon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: United Kingdom
County: Oxfordshire
Posts: 37,079
Re: The Police

Ask for photographic evidence. If they can't provide it then it won't do their case any good. You can also argue that they were not in a position to see properly, due to sunlight etc..
symon is offline  
Ant
Status: Always hopeful yet discontent.
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
Ant's Avatar
 
Club Member Number: 92
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Somewhere far beyond...
Posts: 38,310

Member car:

2014 Honda CR-V

Re: The Police

Send them a message.

(In a bottle.)
Ant is offline  
Status: -
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 7,679
Re: The Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by G5een View Post


I was a passenger in the works van this morning, traveling through Liverpool when both i and the driver (boss) noticed a lot of road blocks with police. Being in a plain red 55plate transit we knew we would get stopped at one point, neither of us had a problem it was obvious.

We got to the job did what we had to do then left, we drive through a road block and the officer radio'd through (here we go lol) next thing we get flagged down and stopped.
"You weren't wearing your seat belts up there were giving you a both tickets."

WHAT THE ****!!!!!!! we knew we would get pulled and the van checked out but seat belts?! we both had our seat belts on doing absolutely nothing wrong and yet got fined. What a farce. Funny thing is they didn't even check the van out.

I hope they have photographic evidence to clear our names as we genuinely had our belts on (we knew they were there, we drove past 10mins earlier ffs).

I'm writing a letter and taking it to the courts, but its not the point they picked us out of the crowd and did us because they can. to think Ive supported the police on other AO threads!

And they wonder why there losing the support of the general public

Welcome to my world

Chris
chrisd_b is offline  
Status: zzzzzzzz
AO Platinum Member
 
symon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: United Kingdom
County: Oxfordshire
Posts: 37,079
Re: The Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant View Post
Send them a message.

(In a bottle.)
And hope that someone gets it...
symon is offline  
Status: -
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 7,679
Re: The Police

Hundred billion bottles washed up on the shore
chrisd_b is offline  
Nev
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: The Police

Send an SOS to the world...
 
Status: Busy busy busy!
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
Pud237's Avatar
 
Club Member Number: 71
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cumbria
Posts: 44,884
Re: The Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by G5een View Post
And they wonder why there losing the support of the general public
Like when I got ticketed for having my front fogs on, when it was foggy. Not foggy enough, apparently
Pud237 is offline  
(Post Link) post #14 of 107 Old 29-04-08 Thread Starter
Status: -
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,522
Re: The Police

letter done and court hearing applied for! hopefully they'll just drop the charges as im sure merseyside police have got more important issues to deal with. Then again this is easy pickings

not foggy enough? did they pull out their fog measure machine idiots
G5een is offline  
Nev
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: The Police

Best of luck.
 
Status: -
AO Platinum Member
 
SPPalfa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Newport
Posts: 16,125
Re: The Police

Good luck mate - get the local press involved a bit of bad publicity normally gets the case sorted quickly

__________________
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
SPPalfa is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Eddie Bermuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: North Yorkshire
Posts: 171

Member car:

Alfa Romeo GT

Re: The Police

Welcome to 1984.
Eddie Bermuda is offline  
Ant
Status: Always hopeful yet discontent.
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
Ant's Avatar
 
Club Member Number: 92
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Somewhere far beyond...
Posts: 38,310

Member car:

2014 Honda CR-V

Re: The Police

You could have also told them that there was an Invisible Sun.
Ant is offline  
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
Alfaspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I would rather not say
County: -
Posts: 2,263
Re: The Police

No one likes the motorist in this country. Even other motorists dont like motorists. We are punished and taxed and targeted all the time. Why? Because there are so many of us. Its easy for the cops to get their target numbers each month that way. If they cant do you for the original reason they've pulled you up, they will get you on something else. Parking, speeding, seatbelts, phones, the list gets longer all the time. No other country targets the cars like this but then no other country has such unreliable public transport. We have to take the car or stay at home. We are sitting ducks.
Alfaspeed is offline  
Status: The BSD says konnichiwa
Global Mod Team
 
BigFoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Japan
County: Tokyo
Posts: 114,689
Re: The Police

Disgraceful
BigFoot is offline  
Ant
Status: Always hopeful yet discontent.
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
Ant's Avatar
 
Club Member Number: 92
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Somewhere far beyond...
Posts: 38,310

Member car:

2014 Honda CR-V

Re: The Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaspeed View Post
no other country has such unreliable public transport.
You don't know what you're talking about...

Then again, I doubt you've ever been to my country.
Ant is offline  
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
Alfaspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I would rather not say
County: -
Posts: 2,263
Re: The Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant View Post
You don't know what you're talking about...

Then again, I doubt you've ever been to my country.
I've been to Liberty City loads of times, most recently just this morning, and find the trains always run on time, the taxi's are cheap too.
Alfaspeed is offline  
Status: Making Ron Jeremy look small !
AO Platinum Member
 
howell811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virgin Islands (British)
County: -
Posts: 26,529

Member car:

75

Re: The Police

They've got to prove beyond 'reasonable doubt' that you were not wearing them. Take it further !!
howell811 is offline  
Ant
Status: Always hopeful yet discontent.
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
Ant's Avatar
 
Club Member Number: 92
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Somewhere far beyond...
Posts: 38,310

Member car:

2014 Honda CR-V

Re: The Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaspeed View Post
I've been to Liberty City loads of times, most recently just this morning, and find the trains always run on time, the taxi's are cheap too.
Nice comeback.
Ant is offline  
Darren156
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: The Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaspeed View Post
I've been to Liberty City loads of times, most recently just this morning, and find the trains always run on time, the taxi's are cheap too.
Yeah, that was good, Kudo's,
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome