great britain - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 123 Old 10-04-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Greater London

Member car:

GT 1.9 JTD

great britain

what a great country we live in. bum lardens right hand man is allowed to stay in our country whilst we the law abiding tax payers pay his 1000 a week living expenses,this sc-m bag is allowed to stay cos it is a breach of his human rights... well what about all those gurkhas that fought and died for our country are being booted out..

NICE ONE LABOUR...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Global Mod Team

County: Tokyo
Re: great britain

Moved to Rant Room
AO Member

Member car:

159 jts TI

This Human Rights Act is making the Uk the laughing stock of the terrorist/criminal world.Surely the greater good and protection of the British public is of greater concern than some individuals 'Yuman Rites'?.
(Post Link) post #4 of 123 Old 10-04-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Greater London

Member car:

GT 1.9 JTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by raylek View Post
This Human Rights Act is making the Uk the laughing stock of the terrorist/criminal world.Surely the greater good and protection of the British public is of greater concern than some individuals 'Yuman Rites'?.
Thats what gets my goat up, the british public are not protected where as crims and johnny foreigner are.. the only human rights we have are to put up and shut up.
Rayq81

The whole problem with this country is the Apathetic people who live in it and who have let it get to where it is, the goverment have walked over everything that the average British person actually wants and the placard waving, chanting mobs who adorn the streets of London every week shouting about some overseas problem we should be sticking our noses into or not depending on the agenda at the time deflect the focus away from the crimes being committed against this country and the law abiding tax paying majority, this goverment is indeed the most nasty devious money hungry bunch of scoundrels ever to hold power in what was once a great nation. It really is time that this island and its people woke up and voted by whatever means to eject this bunch of lemmings from office, I dont care if its against Human rights !! boot this madman and any of his supporters back to where they belong I for one have had enough and quite openly say what i see, and the politically correct fascists can go **** themselves.

Well said Ray...as long as I can stay

Chris
AO Platinum Member

County: Newport

Calm down ray - although point well made.

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayq81 View Post
The whole problem with this country is the Apathetic people who live in it and who have let it get to where it is, the goverment have walked over everything that the average British person actually wants and the placard waving, chanting mobs who adorn the streets of London every week shouting about some overseas problem we should be sticking our noses into or not depending on the agenda at the time deflect the focus away from the crimes being committed against this country and the law abiding tax paying majority, this goverment is indeed the most nasty devious money hungry bunch of scoundrels ever to hold power in what was once a great nation. It really is time that this island and its people woke up and voted by whatever means to eject this bunch of lemmings from office, I dont care if its against Human rights !! boot this madman and any of his supporters back to where they belong I for one have had enough and quite openly say what i see, and the politically correct fascists can go **** themselves.

8/10 - not enough of these: and these:

And you failed to mention politicians in their Ivory Towers.
Rayq81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pud237 View Post
8/10 - not enough of these: and these:

And you failed to mention politicians in their Ivory Towers.
dont start me on ivory towers

Problem with rants like these is that they tend to lump everyone in the same boat - when complaining about foreigners....

It just belittles the poster - instead of being constructive debate...

Chris
Rayq81

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisd_b View Post
Problem with rants like these is that they tend to lump everyone in the same boat - when complaining about foreigners....

It just belittles the poster - instead of being constructive debate...

Chris
Very true Chris and your right it does tend to lump everyone in together, I would hope though that rational thinking people would realise that its about the way this goverment seem to protect the very people we are supposed to be fighting a war against terror against, at the taxpayers expense of course

common sense and goverment thinking does not go hand in hand...

But to be fair - the deportation has not been the fault of the goverment - more the law...

But I would rather have him imprisoned over here - than deported to be free to preach his evil in another country...

Or at best - hanged for treason...I still don't understand why this law is not enforced....soon stop this sort of guy....stepping out of line

Chris
Rayq81

Dont you start me on Hanging Chris ........

AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

Why would they want to stay here anyway ? After 9/11 members of Bin Ladens family were picked up in the States by private jet and flown to Saudi for their safety.

You know that we are writing (or supposed to be) into the human rights act a section to allow a single persons rights (i.e. terrorist or criminal) to be usurped by the rights of the many to protect the majority.

Right now the H.R.A. only protects the individual against the individual or the 3
individual from attack by the many. The new law will allow the many to be protected from a dangerous individual.

Does that make sense?
Rayq81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_156JTD View Post
You know that we are writing (or supposed to be) into the human rights act a section to allow a single persons rights (i.e. terrorist or criminal) to be usurped by the rights of the many to protect the majority.

Right now the H.R.A. only protects the individual against the individual or the 3
individual from attack by the many. The new law will allow the many to be protected from a dangerous individual.

Does that make sense?
sorry you lost me there Tony

I thought that might happen.

Right, a terrorist at the moment can't be charged with harming the larger population because in the H.R.A. as it stands the 'many' do not have human rights, where as the individual does. So, a terrorist can't be deported because it infringes his human right to life.

Well, under the new act, the 'many' does have the same rights and privileges to life as the individual, so, someone who kills someone else (terrorist/criminal) can be deported because the "right to life" of the 'many' out weighs the "right to life" of the individual.

Any better?
Rayq81

Quote:
I thought that might happen.

Right, a terrorist at the moment can't be charged with harming the larger population because in the H.R.A. as it stands the 'many' do not have human rights, where as the individual does. So, a terrorist can't be deported because it infringes his human right to life.

Well, under the new act, the 'many' does have the same rights and privileges to life as the individual, so, someone who kills someone else (terrorist/criminal) can be deported because the "right to life" of the 'many' out weighs the "right to life" of the individual.

Any better?
Yes, but in cases of those such as Bin Ladens right hand man or Preachers of hate how would the new act help ? And surely someone who has actually carried out an act of terror or murder should serve his sentence first and then be deported (preferably without a means of transport, its a long swim across the channel )

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayq81 View Post
Yes, but in cases of those such as Bin Ladens right hand man or Preachers of hate how would the new act help ? And surely someone who has actually carried out an act of terror or murder should serve his sentence first and then be deported (preferably without a means of transport, its a long swim across the channel )
The sentence would be deportation, because they would die when they got back to where they are going... Kind of like having the death penalty back.

For people like Bin liners 'right hand man,' they are known to be associated with terrorist activities, but, under current law, nothing can be done because the 'many' have no rights. When the new law comes in, they are off home on a one way ticket. (The plane does come back after, its not a crash into the sea plane...)
AO Platinum Member

County: Oxfordshire

If someone is convicted of murder, attempted murder, terrorism etc they should forfeit their own human rights. If they cannot respect others right to live then they should have no rights whatsoever. He should be hung and his body thrown on a dust-cart. END OF.

If some PC do-gooder thinks otherwise then they are almost as bad as the man himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by symonh2000 View Post
If someone is convicted of murder, attempted murder, terrorism etc they should forfeit their own human rights. If they cannot respect others right to live then they should have no rights whatsoever. He should be hung and his body thrown on a dust-cart. END OF.

If some PC do-gooder thinks otherwise then they are almost as bad as the man himself.
That is the whole point of the new act as I was explaining above. If someone commits a very heinous crime, they lose their 'human right to life' in respect to the 'human right to life' of the public that would be in harms way if they were to stay here and or be released
AO Member

Member car:

159 jts TI

If I remember right France has a clause written in their version of the HRA where someone who is deemed a threat to national security can be deported no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raylek View Post
If I remember right France has a clause written in their version of the HRA where someone who is deemed a threat to national security can be deported no problem.
The French judicial system also runs on the premise of Guilty until proven Innocent
Nev

Quote:
The French judicial system also runs on the premise of Guilty until proven Innocent
No it doesn't. There is no presumption of
guilt or innocence. Well, unless it's just your
word against a cop, in which case you're as
good as guilty.

Still, the UK is a great place for personal advancement.
One year you're a convicted terrorist murdering scumbag,
the next you're an elected politician being paid very
nicely from the public purse: go figure.

Rayq81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nev View Post
No it does

Still, the UK is a great place for personal advancement.
One year you're a convicted terrorist murdering scumbag,
the next you're an elected politician being paid very
nicely from the public purse: go figure.
Yep only in Britain :2: makes me sick

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page