Brain dead ****wit youth of today! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

EddieGTA

Madness Brain dead ****wit youth of today!

It is 1:40 AM and I have just walked in the door, largely due to getting involved in something at work, but the train I caught should have meant I would be back just after 1:00.

So why am I even later? Nope nothing to do with the trains, they were fine. But some brain dead moron, decided it would be fun to stick a bike on the tracks I heard an almighty noise like a frieght train which must have been the bike shorting out the live rail, then after we sat at the next station for a while I noticed smoke coming from under the train and when I looked out the window could see a smoking mountain bike on fire.

Luckily no damage was done and after the police and fire brigade removed the bike, the driver did a safety check and we were on our way. What posesses these idiots though? I would like to think a derailment would be unlikely but it doesn't bear thinking about, when these idiots clearly don't think about what the consequences of their actions could be.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Lincolnshire

Member car:

1997 GTV 2.0 TS

Re: Brain dead ****wit youth of today!

i had a similar brain dead incident on the way home tonight...
Went to the pub for tea, i drove, so hardly any ale, on the way home at about 9pm, so pretty dark, i live on the outskirts of a small town so very little light other than my half bad gtv lights and the moon.

And low and behold some idiot has decided to move the cones and safety fencing from a a hole in the road and blocked the road, the missis jolted forward and probaly has whiplash due to the harsh breaking, i had to get out with the hazards on, on a blind corner hoping that no one would come flying round the corner and wipe the gtv out, so that i could remove the temporary road block installed by the local idiot ****** wit kids that are on half term....

I hate kids and im only 24,
AO Silver Member

County: Surrey

The thing you've really got to be careful with in cases like that Sam is that the ******s aren't hiding next to the road ready to jump you when you get out to move the cones. I've heard all sorts of stories like this, where they'll do anything from attacking and mugging you to just jumping in your car as soon as you've got out and driving off with it.

What a world we live in
AO Member

County: Lincolnshire

Member car:

1997 GTV 2.0 TS

im pretty certain the kids that were responsible were just up the road a couple of hundred yards as there was a group smirking and laughing. never thought about that Nicky, but you have a valid point there... shame.

Im pretty certain the country wasnt in the state it was 8 years ago when i was at school, whats happened between then and now. I used to respect police, teachers, parents other people and their property, seems that now there is no respect and a generation of no hopers out of control.
AO Platinum Member

County: herts

Now will you listen politicians, for the millionth time, Bring Back National Service!! :
Global Mod Team

Member car:

AMG C63 estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamGTV View Post
I used to respect police, teachers, parents other people and their property, seems that now there is no respect and a generation of no hopers out of control.

The thing is that there were kids like them then, and there are kids like you now.
If you see what I mean.
AO Platinum Member

Exactly, so maybe the parents, of the parents, should have had that brown envelope, to set them on a social straight and narrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu ferret View Post
Exactly, so maybe the parents, of the parents, should have had that brown envelope, to set them on a social straight and narrow?
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Now will you listen politicians, for the millionth time, Bring Back National Service!! :
I agree! For all people born after me (for I am a model citizen...)
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
I agree! For all people born after me (for I am a model citizen...)

I actually wouldn't mind doing it. Its good to have some direction in your life, and 3 good square meals and lots of physical exercise would be good for the youth of today and the health of the nation.
Regional Support
For Lincolnshire - AOL

Quote:
C'mon ZF, Whilst I agree that it would do them some good do you really think that our superb Armed Forces would want these low lifes ? Not sure I'd want them next to me in a dodgy situation.

Perhaps some " convict " type battalions who do all the crap jobs would work ?
AO Silver Member

County: Cambridgeshire

As an honest and law abiding citizen I find this sort of behaviour reprehensible but am honest enough to say that I wasn't an angel in my youth.

I didn't do anything quite as reckless as above but once me and some mates thought it would be fun to pretend to be holding a rope across the road to see if any cars would slow down (this was in a 30 mph limit so not quite as dangerous as it might first appear). None of the cars even slowed down apart from one who pulled up to a stop next to us... it was then that we noticed the big 'police' sign emblazoned on his door.

It's fair to say we didn't undertake that little wheeze again!
Ant
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 92

Member car:

2014 Honda CR-V

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
AO Platinum Member

Those 'low lifes' were well planted for two years, and some of them changed from being at large parasitical weeds, into nicely bloomed young men.: Failing that, they had two years in the Sh**e! and were left to rot away to nothing!

The majority I met were sad, but glad, to leave their outfits. Sad to leave there comrades, glad to get back to earning some real money. Good blokes in the main, who had experienced a change for the better.:

You absolutly sure there wasn't a person on the mountain bike at the time of impact??

Just a thought, apparently the trian companies won't nessasarily tell passengers if they have hit a human, they just say its a delay.. maybe urban myth but i heard of alot of small delays are them cleaning the blood off the front of the train after a suicide..... (ok in print it looks stupid !!)

Sorry anyway did they tell passengers that it was jsut a dicared bike??
EddieGTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranTurismo View Post
You absolutly sure there wasn't a person on the mountain bike at the time of impact??

Just a thought, apparently the trian companies won't nessasarily tell passengers if they have hit a human, they just say its a delay.. maybe urban myth but i heard of alot of small delays are them cleaning the blood off the front of the train after a suicide..... (ok in print it looks stupid !!)

Sorry anyway did they tell passengers that it was jsut a dicared bike??
Definitely was not a person on the bike, if there had been my guess would be I would have had to find a cab home, I heard the fuzz mention getting cctv footage to see who had put it there and keeping the bike as evidence.

Quote:
Agreed! Even if it effects people my age, it could do us all a world of good.
HSTDriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranTurismo View Post

If a train hits a person then it is down to the driver or guard to make an announcement. Some will tell it like it is, others will make up something non specific.

That train will come out of service ASAP, it wil be cleaned later on depot.
If there is any doubt about whether it was suicide or something more sinister, the transport police will take over and make the area a crime scene, and investigate. Sometimes this can take hours.

Generally a straightforward suicide will have the railways back upto normal running in under an hour, but sometimes, very rarely, it will cause mega chaos. I recall a woman killing herself at Southall, whilst holding a baby and a toddler. The baby actually survived the impact, so the paramedics had to attend and attempt to save the tot. (to no avail, sadly)

Even if you hit someone at 125mph and splatter them across an area of about a mile, a coroner still has to attend and confirm that they are actually dead, and not just injured

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSTDriver View Post
If a train hits a person then it is down to the driver or guard to make an announcement. Some will tell it like it is, others will make up something non specific.

That train will come out of service ASAP, it wil be cleaned later on depot.
If there is any doubt about whether it was suicide or something more sinister, the transport police will take over and make the area a crime scene, and investigate. Sometimes this can take hours.

Generally a straightforward suicide will have the railways back upto normal running in under an hour, but sometimes, very rarely, it will cause mega chaos. I recall a woman killing herself at Southall, whilst holding a baby and a toddler. The baby actually survived the impact, so the paramedics had to attend and attempt to save the tot. (to no avail, sadly)

Even if you hit someone at 125mph and splatter them across an area of about a mile, a coroner still has to attend and confirm that they are actually dead, and not just injured
suicides a regular thing on the tracks then?
HSTDriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by G5een View Post
suicides a regular thing on the tracks then?
Quite regular, actually goes through periods where it's more common, such as christmas, new years, valentines day etc

Pretty selfish way to take yourself out IMO, especially when a bottle of booze and a jarful of tablets would do the job with far less stress and nobody else directly involved, but it'll never change.

AO Platinum Member

Twice I have been on over-ground trains when someone has ended their life in front of one.

In the first scenario, I was sat opposite an (unrelated to me) family of low life peasant scum. And that's just being polite about their manner. After the train came to a halt, the silence, and the ambiguous tannoy announcement, the guard came around to explain what had happened and the reason for the delay. On hearing this from the guard, our peasant friends tugged at their (nicked) track suits and exclaimed: 'well, I wanna know what you're gonna do to compensate me for the delay'. Yeah, coz you got somewhere to go in a hurry, aintchaya, mate?

Even in death, our scummy peasant pikey plebs will find a way to capitalise on circumstance.

So pleased to know my taxes support them. Hey, here's ten quid - have another benefit claim - sorry, kid - on me...

g

A driver is always faithful to a car that's always faithful to its driver.

Sometimes in the darkest hour, love comes shining through.
Then it doesn't seem so far from me to you.
AO Platinum Member

County: West Yorkshire

Quote:
Quite regular, actually goes through periods where it's more common, such as christmas, new years, valentines day etc
That's very sad

Quote:

Pretty selfish way to take yourself out IMO, especially when a bottle of booze and a jarful of tablets would do the job with far less stress and nobody else directly involved, but it'll never change.
Very selfish way to go about it. i read somewhere that a lot of drivers never return to work after seeing a suicide?
AO Member

County: Warwickshire

Re: National Service as the solution to delinquency..... anyone ever lived in a garrison town? The levels of violent, abusive, dangerous, drunken and disruptive behaviour shown by HM forces once let out on the pop would give any bunch of civvy teenagers a run for its money. And all condoned - even encouraged.
No idea what the answer is but giving them access to guns scares me sh*tless!
alfafamily

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyBoots View Post
Re: National Service as the solution to delinquency..... anyone ever lived in a garrison town? The levels of violent, abusive, dangerous, drunken and disruptive behaviour shown by HM forces once let out on the pop would give any bunch of civvy teenagers a run for its money. And all condoned - even encouraged.
No idea what the answer is but giving them access to guns scares me sh*tless!
The lads from the camp by us used to be a nightmare when they were out on the town. The worrying part was they used to get hammered by the locals as often not when they caused trouble
No problems any more though since the Gurkhas have been there, gentlemen one and all. Not that anyone would be daft enough to start a fight with any of them

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page