Bin Collection Morons In A Force 9 Gale !! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

3Likes
  • 1 Post By celadon
  • 1 Post By ronan
  • 1 Post By TheGrimJeeper

(Post Link) post #1 of 10 Old 02-01-18 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Down

Member car:

156 1.8 Turismo

Bin Collection Morons In A Force 9 Gale !!

Are they imbeciles ??

We have had numerous warnings of storm Eleanor approaching....it is already blowing a frightening gale at the moment...but of course...what do the numpties around here do...oh yes....leave out their lightweight recycling bins weighed down with a house brick (yeh,that's gonna help ffs!!)

Perfect timing too...just after Xmas and New Year....mountains of bottles,cans,cardboard..the lot now blowing around the streets !!

Read the weather forecasts you fools....it's meant to be much calmer from early morning when you could have left the bins out....muppets !!

If i drive over a stray bottle tomorrow heading to work...there will be hell to pay !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: Good old Sussex by the sea

Member car:

The train :(

This is more of a vent than a rant....
AO Platinum Member

County: Riviera
They leave them out on the pavement 24/7 along my folks street.

Back in the day the terraces had a path running along
the back between all the houses' back yards and their gardens at the rear.
There are only 3 sets of steps to access the backs, at the two end and middle of the terrace.

But people over the years have fenced off the path and put locked gates to claim "their" property. (It's not.)

So no where to store bins now.
13 terraced houses with 3 bins a piece.

They look like slums now. Well done!!!

Let's Off Road!
O|||||O
AO Silver Member

County: Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrimJeeper View Post

But people over the years have fenced off the path and put locked gates to claim "their" property. (It's not.)
Two words, angle grinder
TheGrimJeeper likes this.
AO Member

Member car:

Giulietta Veloce

Some fool left an old bean bag out a couple of days ago and of course it had a hole in it. The polystyrene balls have now made their way round at least 4 streets. If you were scientifically minded I reckon you could do some kind of study on how they are spreading themselves out. No need to do a study on the moron that left it in the street though, they've already proved they are brainless, inconsiderate halfwits.
AO Silver Member

County: Lincolnshire
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronan View Post
Are they imbeciles ??

We have had numerous warnings of storm Eleanor approaching....it is already blowing a frightening gale at the moment...but of course...what do the numpties around here do...oh yes....leave out their lightweight recycling bins weighed down with a house brick (yeh,that's gonna help ffs!!)

Perfect timing too...just after Xmas and New Year....mountains of bottles,cans,cardboard..the lot now blowing around the streets !!

Read the weather forecasts you fools....it's meant to be much calmer from early morning when you could have left the bins out....muppets !!

If i drive over a stray bottle tomorrow heading to work...there will be hell to pay !!
But that means getting up early to have them out by 7:00, or whatever time your local council specifies, and they clearly don't like the inconvenience.

Round here nobody puts them out the previous night. The risk that a local yob will upend it over the front garden is too great. Alarm goes off at 6:45 throw some clothes on, put out the bins while the kettle boils and then take a cup of tea back to bed until a reasonable time to get up.
(Post Link) post #7 of 10 Old 03-01-18 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

156 1.8 Turismo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGr View Post
But that means getting up early to have them out by 7:00, or whatever time your local council specifies, and they clearly don't like the inconvenience.

Round here nobody puts them out the previous night. The risk that a local yob will upend it over the front garden is too great. Alarm goes off at 6:45 throw some clothes on, put out the bins while the kettle boils and then take a cup of tea back to bed until a reasonable time to get up.
Imagine them having to get up early....especially as most of them are retirees...grrrr !!

Or maybe I am being too critical....perhaps as i get up for work at 6am i should put their bins out for them !!
goremohekan likes this.
AO Gold Member

County: Lancashire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronan View Post
Imagine them having to get up early....especially as most of them are retirees...grrrr !!

Or maybe I am being too critical....perhaps as i get up for work at 6am i should put their bins out for them !!
I do think your rant should be more directed at the councils who order that everything should be ready for collection by 7.00am - even when in our case for the majority of the time the collection isn't until about 11am. Very occasionally - I guess if the bin crew have something they want to do at lunchtime - they can be early. So as I am a night-owl who seldom goes to bed much before 2am, and have no particular reason to get up before, say, 9am, I put our stuff out late evening. Fortunately our containers are generally fitted with well-sealed lids - although some of the neighbours do leave the lids off and spillage does occur....

However, if you are at work, you won't know when the collection is - so presumably you have to make sure its out before you go to work - even in a gale......

AROC Vice-Chairman and Lancashire Section Secretary

Alfa organ donor to the gentry......
(Post Link) post #9 of 10 Old 04-01-18 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

156 1.8 Turismo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgwm View Post
I do think your rant should be more directed at the councils who order that everything should be ready for collection by 7.00am - even when in our case for the majority of the time the collection isn't until about 11am. Very occasionally - I guess if the bin crew have something they want to do at lunchtime - they can be early. So as I am a night-owl who seldom goes to bed much before 2am, and have no particular reason to get up before, say, 9am, I put our stuff out late evening. Fortunately our containers are generally fitted with well-sealed lids - although some of the neighbours do leave the lids off and spillage does occur....

However, if you are at work, you won't know when the collection is - so presumably you have to make sure its out before you go to work - even in a gale......
Nope....the rant is at the neighbours who should watch the weather forecast...if they want to leave their bins out...make sure they are well weighed down.
The majority of our neighbours leave the bins out overnight but they didn't this particular night....it only took a few morons to leave theirs out to have the area covered in their mess...no excuse.
AO Platinum Member

County: Riviera
This thread needs a theme tune !!!

chrishendrix likes this.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page