Insurance accident repair centres. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

3Likes
  • 1 Post By MalcQV
  • 1 Post By ronan
  • 1 Post By Verbout

(Post Link) post #1 of 15 Old 08-12-17 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Devon

Member car:

Laguna, Elgrand

Insurance accident repair centres.

Why is it that every time you pick up a vehicle after repair there's something missing, not repaired properly or just plain crap. On two separate occasions I pointed out that the inner arch was damaged knowing that it would be missed when the monkeys got at it. Picked it up today and guess what?........yep, chief ape missed the obvious and now I'm sat here waiting for it to be fixed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: Greater Manchester

Member car:

Office Chair.

Nobody bloody checks or cares. In one door and out the other as soon as
Harvo likes this.
AO Silver Member

County: Down

Member car:

156 1.8 Turismo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcQV View Post
Nobody bloody checks or cares. In one door and out the other as soon as
Correct...quantity (more cash) not quality.
Harvo likes this.
AO Platinum Member

County: West Yorkshire
Garage

Member car:

Lexus

As my father used to say “If you expect to be disappointed you shouldn’t be”

I had the same disappointment at Morrison’s last night, no cooked chickens half an hour the lady said, went back all gone again.

Was I disappointed? ****ing right I was, and she and the supervisor knew it.

Anyway, back on track, tell them they’re a set of twarts, you’ll feel better.
Harvo likes this.
AO Platinum Member

County: Oxfordshire
The accident repair on our G was done really well after it got rammed on the side.

The only slight fly in the ointment was a small amount of red overspray on a plastic cover under the sill. Other than that you wouldn't know.

It would annoy me no end if things were not right, especially as the bump wasn't my fault.
AO Platinum Member

Yes.. guaranteed that something isn't fixed right or, more likely, that something that wasn't broken before, is broken after.

I've had and seen various over the years.. such as items left off, the wrong fasteners used, trim cracked (badly removed), gaskets, seals, trims not fitted or not fitted properly.. and even a rear seat frame bent where the "approved repairer" obviously had no idea how to remove it and so decided to lever it out.

It's all part of the joy...

Ralf S.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulietta 150MA

Once fell for the old park-it-against-a-wall trick, so you don't see until you reach home they'd applied the paint with their knuckles. And, obviously, "lost" a tool you'd left in the car.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 59
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbout View Post
As my father used to say “If you expect to be disappointed you shouldn’t be”

I had the same disappointment at Morrison’s last night, no cooked chickens half an hour the lady said, went back all gone again.

Was I disappointed? ****ing right I was, and she and the supervisor knew it.

Anyway, back on track, tell them they’re a set of twarts, you’ll feel better.
I suspect I'd be more disappointed if I'd secured and then eaten one of their cooked chickens.

#tastesrubbery
AO Platinum Member

County: Kent
I know a guy who works at a major insurance company repair centre. They bring the car in and give you a loan car (which makes them money) and then it's photographed to get permission for parts , work and time to fix it. They then get told what they can have, even down to using parts salvaged from written off cars and not enough time. While you drive around in the loan car it sits there and eventually they get the go ahead for somebody to spend the given time to dismantle the car. The job goes through a bunch of people each "responsible" for the next stage in super-quick time allowed. At the end the car is cleaner than when it went in so the customer is pleased and they give back the loan car. Some notice what's been done incorrectly but the repairers get away with it in other cases.
I learned this the hard way in 2007 when one of these centres made an utter mess of our 4000 mile old Audi. In the end I sent photos to the CEO of esure who agreed to buy the car. That was after I'd given up trying to get them to get it right with it eventually going to the Audi dealer to rectify the repair. It was months later when I saw the repaired paintwork reacting with the original paint that I got in touch with esure again.
AO Member

County: -
Garage
I was due to pick up my 159 today. It has been sitting ready since Friday. So I went over first thing.

Plastic bit beneath the rear bumper was still badly scuffed. The parking sensor on rear bumper was scuffed and the front underneath still had quite major damage. WTF. An old lady couldn't get on the floor in the wet to check underneath, she would need to accept their word. That should be criminal.

I'll attach an image of undertray. Crazy they thought this was ready to collect.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0390.jpg (88.4 KB, 8 views)
AO Member

County: -Norfolk

Member car:

Brera 2.4

My Brera was in for repair recently. When I went to collect it the new front wing didn’t fit correctly, bad alignment, so I left it there to be sorted. Back it came on a low loader and all looked well. Took the car out and it was like driving through a wind tunnel and when I operated the driver window tha anti pinch was cutting in and the window not sealing properly. So it’s going back again, which is time and inconvenience, for something that should of been checked. Getting bored of it now especially as it was a non fault accident.
Global Mod Team

County: Suffolk
I'll withhold judgement until we get the MiTo back on the 27th.
AO Platinum Member

County: Kent
It'll be cleaner than the last time you saw it. That's expected to be enough for them to get away with it.
Global Mod Team

County: Suffolk
Quote:
Originally Posted by cue2 View Post
It'll be cleaner than the last time you saw it. That's expected to be enough for them to get away with it.
I know.

I will want to see total alignment of the wing from the outside- but - more importantly - total alignment and sealed fitting of the inner wheel arch as viewed from underneath.
AO Gold Member

County: Brokopondo
Just managed to get a non fault accident sorted just before Christmas, what an eye opening experience that was! Told them I had an agreed valuation with my own insurer (Aviva). They couldn't be bothered to send an engineer down to look and asked me to get an estimate, my guy local to me has a great rep as a car repair and paint , basically said what Cue stated and told me they would go to coparts for 2nd hand parts.

Police stopped me driving my car soi asked them for hire car, got one and then received first offer, I laughed at them and told them to act their age. AN Hr later got a better offer but still 40% shy of my agreed valuation. Told them no thanks and I was now going to ask my insurer to handle and immediately got a counter for the lowest range of my agreed valuation. This was the 23rd Dec and I was passed back to the AXA fella to pay me. I provided bank details and was told 3-5 wking days to do a bank transfer!!!? Then the guyhad the cheek to instruct me to return the hire car on Christmas eve!! At this point I gave him both barrels and now have the hire car until Jan 2nd.

For my trouble I ended up with my written off car back, my valuation at lower range and the fastest car in the world until Jan 2nd 2018

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page