Warning to all car owners - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

3Likes
  • 2 Post By RobM
  • 1 Post By Sterzo

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 21-11-17 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Kent
Warning to all car owners

If anyone is thinking about a used car warranty policy steer well clear of Auto Protect Ltd.
They have to be the worst company in the world. They will use any means possible to avoid paying out. I have a claim against them for a failed transfer box. So far they have declined the claim on the basis of service schedules, incorrect oil levels, incorrect service intervals. All of these have been proved to be within the manufactures specifications so they are now trying to get out of it on the basis of deterioration. I have refered the matter to the Insurance ombudsman. This is the second time I have had to do this. The first one was last year after a failed prop shaft

Don't touch this company with a barge pole.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Detailing COTY Winner 2018
Membro Premio

County: Suffolk
Garage
Insurance

Well, that sounds like a distinctly unhappy story (or two!) - I hope you manage to get it resolved.

I don't really trust insurance companies and I have an unfashionable approach to insurance in general: I only insure things if I'm either (a) unable to take on the financial risk myself (e.g. insuring my house against burning down) or (b) required to do so by law (e.g insuring my cars). All of the other risks that I have taken on, I just accept.

A couple of new definitions for you...
Insurance company, insurer: an organisation or person that charges you to take on a risk but then spends your money on expensive and clever lawyers to argue why they shouldn't pay your claim.

Bank, banker: an organisation or person who lend you an umbrella when the sun is shining but then immediately ask for it back as soon as it starts raining...
keithyboy and fiddler4 like this.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulietta 150MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobM View Post
I only insure things if I'm either (a) unable to take on the financial risk myself (e.g. insuring my house against burning down) or (b) required to do so by law (e.g insuring my cars). All of the other risks that I have taken on, I just accept.
This has to be the right approach. You insure to protect against catastrophic risks. Never insure to save money. The most trustworthy insurance company has to charge more in premiums than it pays in claims, or else it eventually goes bust.
TonyGr likes this.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page