I despair at humanity - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

9Likes
  • 1 Post By TheGrimJeeper
  • 1 Post By soolka
  • 1 Post By Unkle Munkle
  • 2 Post By MalcQV
  • 1 Post By Ber Tony GT
  • 2 Post By ronan
  • 1 Post By ronan

(Post Link) post #1 of 21 Old 20-11-17 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Down

Member car:

156 1.8 Turismo

I despair at humanity

2 episodes today...first thing this morning...getting a parking space.

1.There is etiquette in the street i park...it's a cul de sac....everyone drives up to end of street and then double backs to park...well that is how is has been for years....now the selfish brigade have arrived...and i don't want to be one of them...straight down the street and they know full well that the ones in front of them are wanting to park...so they grab their space....scum !!

2.Me in outside lane slow traffic...guy coming out of right...i slow down to let him out...but traffic on other side speeds up so he can't get out...i continue on as i am holding traffic up behind me....he manages to get out in the end...comes up the inside lane beside me and gobs on my passenger side....i am guessing because i didn't let him out.

I despair.

I blame the internet....no social skills anymore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: Riviera
There will come a time when we need 360 dashcams to film all the bellends and automatically post them on [email protected]/Grindr/Whatever.
duemila likes this.
AO Member

Member car:

Giulietta Veloce

I blame Brexit

I'm sure I heard Jeremy Vine on the BBC say that a recent survey in the Guardian from a think-tank showed that since Brexit there has been a 1000% increase in people gobbing on Italian cars. Or then again I might be making that up like 76% of all statistics

Seriously though good manners and thoughtfulness are a lost art and its only going to get worse. Just imagine what the spawn of those ill-mannered scumbags you encountered are going to be like and then what their nasty brood will become etc etc.
(Post Link) post #4 of 21 Old 21-11-17 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

156 1.8 Turismo

Today...it must be me ..two lane t-junction... traffic can turn left or right onto main road... i am on inside lane waiting to turn left onto very busy main road...clear view down road to my right.... prat pulls up in outside lane wanting to turn right and totally blocks my line of sight...and he also blocks a cycle path with a cyclist having to veer into the heavy traffic ....selfish [email protected] after number one you c0ck....unbelievable.
AO Member

County: Carmarthenshire
Garage
This is precisely why I choose to live halfway up the Cambrian mountains with the nearest neightbour ĺ mile away.

And get Tesco to drop after Iíve shopped (Yes! They do...all the way out here )

People are so..............predictably disappointing. Or disappointingly predictable.
steveisfrowning likes this.
AO Platinum Member

County: Greater Manchester

Member car:

Office Chair.

The other day I was passing a car that was slower than me in lane 2 on the M60. He was indicating to pull out but because I drove past him without letting him out he did almost the same. Ranted and gestured but didn't spit.
I just visibly laughed at him and his ****** mate.
AO Silver Member

County: -
Yes, the human race, eh?

People seem to think they are massive heroes when cocooned inside their car. Always amazes me and surprises me when so-called 'road rage' happens. There's always two sides to every story.

Back in March, someone who was nudging out over the give-way line of a side road just pulled out into the side of my beloved 156 and span me into another vehicle, writing it off and causing me serious whiplash. He then claimed I should have let him out and it was my fault! I was so close to giving him a 'slap' but there were too many people about!

Needless to say, I won and got paid out etc but it was honestly one of the best, low mileage 156s in the country. Now gone to car heaven. Gutted.

Just brings me back to how arrogant and ignorant people are. There's nothing worse than someone having a go at you in the car when the situation is their fault. Makes my blood boil!

I like this rant forum!
MalcQV likes this.

Rockin' all over the road in Alfas since 1998 including: 164 TS, 164 QV 24v, 166 3.0 Super, 159 JTDM, 75 TS Veloce, 156 1.8 TS Veloce, Giulietta Cloverleaf and now the Giulia Veloce.
AO Platinum Member

County: Greater Manchester

Member car:

Office Chair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkle Munkle View Post
Yes, the human race, eh?

People seem to think they are massive heroes when cocooned inside their car. Always amazes me and surprises me when so-called 'road rage' happens. There's always two sides to every story.

Back in March, someone who was nudging out over the give-way line of a side road just pulled out into the side of my beloved 156 and span me into another vehicle, writing it off and causing me serious whiplash. He then claimed I should have let him out and it was my fault! I was so close to giving him a 'slap' but there were too many people about!

Needless to say, I won and got paid out etc but it was honestly one of the best, low mileage 156s in the country. Now gone to car heaven. Gutted.

Just brings me back to how arrogant and ignorant people are. There's nothing worse than someone having a go at you in the car when the situation is their fault. Makes my blood boil!

I like this rant forum!
Indeed. I'm human and **** up at times when driving as well as generally in life. When I do I apologise profusely for my utter stupidity. How somebody can get up on their high horse when in the wrong defeats me.
Unkle Munkle and Stingwray like this.
AO Member

County: Lincolnshire
As i drive for a living i see it all,
People indicating right and moving left, those who indicate then leave them flashing for 5 miles afterwards (how the ticking doesn't drive them mad i don't know ) , suicidal BMW drivers sweeping across 3 lanes of motorway for their exit at the last possible millisecond, death mission motorcyclists, many of these about.
One good point is that it makes me analyse my own driving, think twice about making a risky overtake, always use indicators, not tailgating, which has saved my bacon a couple of times when having to react quickly.
Its very hard not to get wound up by some motorists though , there are some real imbeciles about, and worryingly they seem to be multiplying.
Now, i see crazy driving and at least try to breathe deeply and let them get on with heading to the scene of their next accident.
steveisfrowning likes this.
(Post Link) post #10 of 21 Old 28-11-17 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

156 1.8 Turismo

Doesn't rain but it pours....

Just got call from my bank Santander querying purchases i had made on my debit card today...6 purchases between 10am and 1pm....not one of them mine....i thought i had my debit card in my pocket...nope...gone....must have dropped it between getting out of the car and heading into work..
Some scumbag has decided to have a wee spending spree on my card via the easy fun that is contactless.
I have to admit contactless in very handy but is open to abuse when a card is lost.

Santander has said it will refund me but that isn't the point...my rant isn't at them..it's at the low life who decided to steal my money.
Am i just too naive in thinking if a card is lost and found by a member of the public they would either hand it into the relevant bank or at least destroy it.

I hope a plague lands on this sorry scumbag's head....!!!
MalcQV and Harvo like this.
Global Mod Team

County: Suffolk
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronan View Post

Just got call from my bank Santander querying purchases i had made on my debit card today...6 purchases between 10am and 1pm....not one of them mine....i thought i had my debit card in my pocket...nope...gone....must have dropped it between getting out of the car and heading into work..
Some scumbag has decided to have a wee spending spree on my card via the easy fun that is contactless.
I have to admit contactless in very handy but is open to abuse when a card is lost.

Santander has said it will refund me but that isn't the point...my rant isn't at them..it's at the low life who decided to steal my money.
Am i just too naive in thinking if a card is lost and found by a member of the public they would either hand it into the relevant bank or at least destroy it.

I hope a plague lands on this sorry scumbag's head....!!!
That really sucks.

I still think the majority of people are decent though. Last year I left my backpack in a supermarket carpark -put it down as I loaded up and drove off leaving it there. It had my 'phone, wallet with all of my bank cards- debit, credit and joint together with my bus pass (old farts), railcard, cash and spare keys to LizR's MiTo. It took me 15 minutes to get home and realise. I called the supermarket - it had been handed in. I drove back and checked - everything was there.

I try to be the same - went chasing after someone who had absentmindedly walked away from an ATM after taking their card but not the cash - I saw from a few yards away as I was walking towards the ATM (they were now walking in the same direction i.e. away from me). I grabbed the cash before the machine sucked it back in and ran and caught up with the woman. Dunno what passersby thought seeing bearded aged loony running after a young woman waving cash but she was pleased to get it back.

Seen an offensive/spam post? Report it! Click the or button next to the post.
AO Rules - AO Gallery - AO Classified adverts - AO Club - AO Traders
(Post Link) post #12 of 21 Old 28-11-17 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

156 1.8 Turismo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
That really sucks.

I still think the majority of people are decent though. Last year I left my backpack in a supermarket carpark -put it down as I loaded up and drove off leaving it there. It had my 'phone, wallet with all of my bank cards- debit, credit and joint together with my bus pass (old farts), railcard, cash and spare keys to LizR's MiTo. It took me 15 minutes to get home and realise. I called the supermarket - it had been handed in. I drove back and checked - everything was there.

I try to be the same - went chasing after someone who had absentmindedly walked away from an ATM after taking their card but not the cash - I saw from a few yards away as I was walking towards the ATM (they were now walking in the same direction i.e. away from me). I grabbed the cash before the machine sucked it back in and ran and caught up with the woman. Dunno what passersby thought seeing bearded aged loony running after a young woman waving cash but she was pleased to get it back.
You are probably right Paul....and i do believe in karma.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 59
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by soolka View Post
This is precisely why I choose to live halfway up the Cambrian mountains with the nearest neightbour ĺ mile away.

And get Tesco to drop after Iíve shopped (Yes! They do...all the way out here )

People are so..............predictably disappointing. Or disappointingly predictable.

:tum:

I get to do this once a year for 2 or 3 weeks (in Snowdonia - 800 odd feet up, 1m from nearest neighbour).

I'd happily make it a permanent arrangement, if I could.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulietta 150MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronan View Post
Commiserations, ronan. Scumbag indeed. These opportunistic crimes are somehow more disturbing than the planned ones, as though you're surrounded by crooks.

Having said that, I had an experience similar to PaulR's. Threw my Barclaycard and English Heritage card down on Blackheath, a vast expanse of mown grass. (It's what you do when you're stupid). A local found them, and rang English Heritage, who rang me to put me in touch. The same evening I collected them from his flat, and he explained he'd not rung Barclaycard because they would have cancelled the card and been a nightmare, whereas English Heritage would be helpful.
AO Silver Member

County: Suffolk
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrimJeeper View Post
There will come a time when we need 360 dashcams to film all the bellends and automatically post them on [email protected]/Grindr/Whatever.
You won't see much with "Gob" all over them.
(Post Link) post #16 of 21 Old 29-11-17 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

156 1.8 Turismo

I suppose credit is due to Santander...they were quick on the ball...but then again they are the people foisting contactless on us and they have to pay up.
Could have been worse...if it had been cash lost i wouldn't have seen any of it again.
AO Platinum Member

County: Riviera
To restore some confidence in humanity
a mate picked up a dropped card a couple
if weeks back. And instead of handing it
to the police he googled the woman and rang
her.

She'd lent it to her brother so didn't even know
it was missing.

Mate got a coffee date out of it.
AO Platinum Member

County: Kent
Interesting. You despair AT humanity rather than FOR humanity?
(Post Link) post #19 of 21 Old 29-11-17 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

156 1.8 Turismo

chrishendrix likes this.
(Post Link) post #20 of 21 Old 29-11-17 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

156 1.8 Turismo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cue2 View Post
Interesting. You despair AT humanity rather than FOR humanity?
Well,I do now
(Post Link) post #21 of 21 Old 16-12-17 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

156 1.8 Turismo

Last edited by ronan; 17-12-17 at 00:43.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page