Geordies... nothing against them... but... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 30-10-17 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 650
County: Leicestershire
Thumbs Down Geordies... nothing against them... but...

when I call the local service number at Bristol Street Motors Renault dealer in Derby..... that's who I want to speak with

You wouldn't have to put me on hold while you try and contact them to confirm the new alloy wheel was in if I could phone them direct instead of being transferred to a call centre in Geordie land

You also wouldn't have to confirm the booking date later on either ... just to make sure I didn't have a wasted trip

toasters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Lincolnshire
Garage
Have you tried ringing your bank recently? It is impossible to talk to the local branch. We recently had a problem with a misdirected payment and the local manager gave us her mobile number so we could contact her if the funds did not arrive where they were intended.

Last edited by TonyGr; 31-10-17 at 09:42. Reason: spelling
AO Silver Member

County: Dorset

Member car:

147 1.6 Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGr View Post
Have you tried ringing your bank recently? It is impossible to talk to the local branch. We recently had a problem with a misdirected payment and the local manager gave us her mobile number so we could contact her if the funds did not arrive where they were intended.
You're lucky to have a local branch. HSBC closed the two nearest to us and Barclays soon followed suit. We have to troop into the town centre now for banking of any sort at a branch. Our nearest bank (walkable) is Lloyds and we don't have an acccount there. It's tempting to transfer, but that would likely put the mockers on that branch too.
AO Silver Member

County: Lincolnshire
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolegan View Post
You're lucky to have a local branch. HSBC closed the two nearest to us and Barclays soon followed suit. We have to troop into the town centre now for banking of any sort at a branch. Our nearest bank (walkable) is Lloyds and we don't have an acccount there. It's tempting to transfer, but that would likely put the mockers on that branch too.
This was HSBC but the Scunthorpe High Street branch is the only one in the area, they closed all the others. This branch must serve an area of at least 150 sq miles. The next nearest are 25 miles away in any direction. It helps that we live only 3 miles away on the edge of town. If it is dry I can walk it, if wet the bus pass is useful or if I take the car all the town car parks allow two hours free parking. One of the few advantages to living in Sunny Scunny.
AO Silver Member

County: Dorset

Member car:

147 1.6 Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGr View Post
This was HSBC but the Scunthorpe High Street branch is the only one in the area, they closed all the others. This branch must serve an area of at least 150 sq miles. The next nearest are 25 miles away in any direction. It helps that we live only 3 miles away on the edge of town. If it is dry I can walk it, if wet the bus pass is useful or if I take the car all the town car parks allow two hours free parking. One of the few advantages to living in Sunny Scunny.
Free parking too!!!! There is a limited amount of free on street parking round here in Poole, but not if you want town centre. The closest we get is a refund at Sainsburys if you spend more than £10. Unless we have a need for something from Sainsburys it's either the scooter or bus pass.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page