Criminals - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 9 Old 28-03-08 Thread Starter

Criminals

If you refer to a criminal as scum after they have commited offence i.e. kicked someone to death.
Is it so wrong to use that word as a angry kneejerk reaction? "scum"

I will always have more simpathy for the Victim than the prepetrator, sorry it's just the way i am, i do know some people have tough lives but don't belive hurting other people for fun should be excused to much.

I'm sorry if my view offends anyone, its not meant to.

I can't PM so publicly saying this.

Also i never once insulted anyone on here although i was insulted myself all because i was saddend by a story of an innocent girl being kicked to death. What can people say anymore, you get more abuse dished out for criticising murderers than the murderers do!!!

Sorry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

Re: Criminals

No matter what a certain user said, they are Scum. We all might not have a good upbringing, but everyone knows right from wrong. These kids acted like animals, and should be treated like so.

The problem with the kids is the namby pamby way we treat them, the do-gooders pat them on the back and send them on their way (laughing), asbo in hand. They have to be taught disepline, manners and right from wrong.

I feel that if a teenager doesn't stay on for further education of some form they should serve two years national service.

As an employer, I have all but given up with the youth of today. Generally, uneducated, work shy and in some cases violent.

Fat Stig Rafe is my hero !!!
99 Problems but a bi-atch isn't one !!! Vincent is !!
Shut Up Bradders !
Top poster August 2011
AO Gold Member

County: Lancashire

This is a difficult one. I work in social housing and sometimes we spend more time with the perp, usually youth, arranging diversionary activities etc than we do with the victim; as a result the victim feels ignored and without support. This happens far too often. But i have to say we have seen some success with some kids when we have provided something worthwhile for them to do.

The responsibility has to remain with parents; we find that so many parents do not know where their children are or what they are doing and when confronted with what their offspring are up to have a 'so what' attitude. If they dont care the child thinks they can get away with virtually anything. So sad and bodes badly for the future.
(Post Link) post #4 of 9 Old 30-03-08 Thread Starter

Thats all great and i fully support this and think the folks who try to help these kids to sort themselves out is great....But I'm talking about after the event.........like the Kids who kicked that girl to death......not just kids who are disadvantaged, i'd never refer to those as 'scum' just the ones who commit serious ugly crimes............or try to nick my car...........

No after the event of a heinous crime i side soley with the victim and their family.

Last edited by GranTurismo; 30-03-08 at 17:16. Reason: expanding point
AO Silver Member

County: Cambridgeshire

Although it is incredibly upsetting that there are people in the UK who can commit this sort of evil... I am thankful that we don't have kids in schools armed with automatic weapons like America.

Pretty bad when that's how you look at such violence I know, but it could be worse.
AO Gold Member

County: Lancashire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
Although it is incredibly upsetting that there are people in the UK who can commit this sort of evil... I am thankful that we don't have kids in schools armed with automatic weapons like America.

Pretty bad when that's how you look at such violence I know, but it could be worse.
i have to say that I am with you on this one. i am so glad that we dont have the gun culture that is so prevalent in the USA, however, what is worrying is the knife culture that is beginning to emerge in this country hardly a week goes by that a youth is stabbed in one of our major cities; some schools have installed metal detectors to detect knives. Wasnt like it in my day!
AO Platinum Member

County: Surrey

Hmmm...I assume this a follow on from you previous thread where unfortunately a subject of worthy discussion got locked

I think the word 'scum' in an understandable one to use in the example you have given.

Whilst I can appreciate Chris_b's viewpoint in the earlier thread that the parents are to blame - I think this is only partly correct.

The thing is that we seem to live in a society where people always look to blame others.

At some point of time people should start accepting responsibility for their own actions.

I'd be interested to hear - what exactly the parents did to justify them getting the blame for their sc*mbag children mercilessly kicking to death a defenceless girl/young woman

Into The Unknown

AO Silver Member

County: Cambridgeshire

BBC NEWS | England | Lancashire | Boy convicted of Goth park murder

The police seemed to think that the parents carried some responsibility.

"I am very critical of some of the parents involved. I really don't think they have taken completely seriously how repulsive this incident was."

He said that when Harris was initially interviewed about the assaults he was "laughing and joking" with his mother.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria

When I see a news story like this, it really makes me think there should be a referendum on whether or not to bring back the death penalty for crimes like these. The public have never had a choice in the matter and I think we should have our say.

If it were up to me, these murderers would be swinging by now. A life for a life I say, and nothing less, when taken in a manner such as this

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page