Absolute scum. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

Closed Thread

(Post Link) post #1 of 53 Old 28-03-08 Thread Starter

Absolute scum.

Remember reading about this while ago and they have convicted the scum who did it now, even in this day and age story is not for the faint hearted. Things like this make me both want to cry and to devote my life to sourcing out scum and destroying them (Anyone watch Dexter?), how can people do this???

Youths convicted of killing Goth - MSN News UK - news & weather
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: herts
Re: Absolute scum.

Society here has a rotten core? Media's view this a.m. Decades of molly coddling by parents, giving in to their brats every wish and whim, and probably not knowing, or caring, what they are watching,listening to, or doing.

They probably were also brought up themselves with a lack of discipline, in fact it goes back far more than just a couple of generations.To be expected I guess, in a greedy, materialistic world, where wealth is King.

I thank my lucky stars I have seen, and known, much better days, and really, in total sincerity, will not be at all concerned to depart this world. Loads of my mates are going, one by one, so looking forward to joining them in The Green Fields. Sermon over, Fear Naught!
Global Mod Team

County: Tokyo

Terrible

They should get life.
Rayq81

Ignorant savages, i hope that they get it good and proper in prison

AO Platinum Member

County: South Lanarkshire

Savages, no doubt about it.

Sorry ZF - don't agree with your summary - remember the moors murderers, for example?
AO Platinum Member

County: herts

Yep! do mate, and the Clophill murders,(Gibbo?) and the Richardsons, Crays, no doubt you are au fait with the Glaswegian equivalent? But we are talking youth, popped out on alcohol, or extra, not organised cultured gang crime.Some youth groups are running wild here. Never mind the problems we have in other corners of the globe, with Barbaric populations.:
alfafamily

I agree with ZF. The things that walk around the streets these days are second and third generation low life bought up in drink and drug affected families using Eastenders characters as role models(thanks for that bit Auntie Beeb).
The penalties for violent crime are pathetic in this country(uk). There should be minimum terms of 30 years for crimes like this.A deterrent is what is needed not some pussy do gooders trying to find them something to keep them occupied.

ZF stop talking about passing on,your posts on here prove that good people such as yourself with a lifetimes knowledge have a more valuable role than ever before to make the younger generations see what is the right way of life. If we all can only do that for our own children and grandkids then its worth being around for a bit longer. Thats my sermon over

Dibby

It's because the chavs are populating the country. For 50-odd years, kids have been spreading wild oats behind the scout hut, getting some bird knocked up after a flagon of white cider down the graveyard and ending up with 10 kids being brought up on other peoples' taxes, basically getting a free ride and ending up in the same vicious circle, getting a taste for booze and glue at an early age and heading down the same path.

All this while the professionals and clever folk have been waiting longer to have kids to sort their career out, usually ending up with one kid, quite often none at all, the precious little princess gets sheltered from the real world, does well at pony club and off they go down the same route of uni, career, no kids.

The depletion of the gene pool in the UK, chavs will rule us all.

AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu ferret View Post
But we are talking youth, popped out on alcohol, or extra, ......Some youth groups are running wild here. (:
What, you mean like the Mods and Rockers, the Boot Boys and skinheads, the Glasgow knife gangs of the '50's? Sorry ZF, I'm not meaning to sound disrespectful, but I firmly believe things are not actually much worse - we just hear about it more.
AO Platinum Member

County: Essex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibby View Post
It's because the chavs are populating the country. For 50-odd years, kids have been spreading wild oats behind the scout hut, getting some bird knocked up after a flagon of white cider down the graveyard and ending up with 10 kids being brought up on other peoples' taxes, basically getting a free ride and ending up in the same vicious circle, getting a taste for booze and glue at an early age and heading down the same path.

All this while the professionals and clever folk have been waiting longer to have kids to sort their career out, usually ending up with one kid, quite often none at all, the precious little princess gets sheltered from the real world, does well at pony club and off they go down the same route of uni, career, no kids.

The depletion of the gene pool in the UK, chavs will rule us all.
Sad but true.

I'm off to Aus I think.
AO Platinum Member

County: West Yorkshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by OperationAlfa View Post
Sad but true.

I'm off to Aus I think.
You think it;s any better anywhere else in the world?

Sign o the times my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
What, you mean like the Mods and Rockers, the Boot Boys and skinheads, the Glasgow knife gangs of the '50's? Sorry ZF, I'm not meaning to sound disrespectful, but I firmly believe things are not actually much worse - we just hear about it more.

I think we've down this one before, but whereas places such as Glasgow and it's surrounding areas have seen huge (real) improvements over the last 20 years or so, other areas (and I hold up Dumfries as a prime example) have deteriorated markedly.
AO Member

Hello everyone,I know that I have'nt posted for a long time, but I just had to say something about this. All I can say, is that I cannot remember at any time in my youth, wanting to attack any person, or to gang up on another group of people. I just cannot wrap my head around this whole situation. Alot has been made of the fact that the perpetrators were drunk, but this does not excuse or explain their actions. I've been out drinking countless times in my youth; and I have never been involved in any kind of street attack.
The worst of it is: is that the young man convicted of the murder, will still be a young man when he is released, 30 say? He will have his whole life ahead of him. The survivor of this attack; and the families, will be living with what happened for the rest of their lives. So sad.
Dibby

Quote:
Originally Posted by kebabtank View Post
All I can say, is that I cannot remember at any time in my youth, wanting to attack any person, or to gang up on another group of people.
You, me and the rest of us here. It's not us we should worry about, it's the illiterate sub-society of scum controlling large run down areas of every major city and town in the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
No, things are getting worse, there are far more gangs about nowadays and they don't have a culture to fall into like the mods and rockers. Kids have gone from scuffles outside a pub to carrying guns. School shootings in the US and kids getting killed on the streets of the UK are far more common. It's not as if these things have always happened and not reported by the news in the past. They are getting more common.

Gangs are getting bigger, younger and more disorganised

Regional Support
For Lincolnshire - AOL

We hear so much about how these poor little darlings have had a deprived childhood and that's why they are scum.

What a load of borrocks. I was brought up in what would now be classed as poverty, not much money around and clothes bought on tick through the old Providential cheque. However I was brought up clean, polite and to respect other people and their property, and I use " respect " in the old sense of the word, not the gansgta crap use of it. I left school at the earliest time I could as there was no money to enable me to continue and then spent years educating myself part time and through the RAF up to Tech Eng level. If I could do it then why can't others do it now ?

With the exception of being caught drinking under age in a pub two weeks before my 18th birthday I have never committed a crime in my life and I think I never will. I cannot see any circumstance where I would resort to any type of violence. To me none of the excuses and platitudes that we are constantly bombarded with hold any water, it's just feeble excuses..

Enough of beating my drum, hope that I haven't started a " My Cardboard Box Was Smaller Than Yours " type of debate !
AO Silver Member

if you plant a seed
and neglect its propagation
do not blame the seed.
if it fails too flourish.
We as a nation have
bowed too the fact
that life is always better
if we ignore those things
we find offensive.
or deemed to belong to another
person/ states problem.
gone are the days that
respect was the norm
and the use of foul language
and ill manners were frowned upon
Death walks our streets every day
in the guise of miss guided youth
In the past 1960`s etc,
miss guided youth fought but
did not slay their foe.

It`s strange if a little sad that
our penal system/laws etc.
Have been eroded by so few
people.
Not the majority.
I feel that it is time to stand up and be counted.
I have stood up,
each time I see my local M.P.
I ask him how long he can expect my vote.

John the confused luddite

Luddite
AO Platinum Member

County: Essex

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostyDog View Post
You think it;s any better anywhere else in the world?

Sign o the times my friend
I think the UK has developed a horrible chav culture. Maybe because I'm in London I see it more... but it is depressing.
(Post Link) post #18 of 53 Old 28-03-08 Thread Starter

There are parts to this story which aren't mentioned in the link i gave, i followed this since i first read about the attack, and something that stuck in my mind form the original story was that the girl had lost huge clumps of hair from where the scum had pulled her hair so much it had ripped out. I agree there are too many kids brought into the world by unfit parents even though it can be to simplistic an answer, there is no doubting alot of this scum festers around these god forsaken housing estates, scum walking around with hero's like 50 cent etc thinking they are top boys hunting in packs..... i don't think they will ever be looked back on with rose tinted specs like Mods and Rockers and teddy boys though, they are an afliction on our society and there are good people as well don't forget from these areas but they too are scared, i can't imagine what it must be like to be a good decent person who has to libve along side these scum in the estates, awful for them too. No what we need is some kind of culling or at least stop these weached kids [email protected] each other!! To create more kids who get bashed around in care / foster homes etc. To be flipant for a moment..........when these 12 and 13 year olds are getting off their faces...............who's looking after their kids...
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibby View Post
No, things are getting worse, there are far more gangs about nowadays and they don't have a culture to fall into like the mods and rockers. Kids have gone from scuffles outside a pub to carrying guns. School shootings in the US and kids getting killed on the streets of the UK are far more common. It's not as if these things have always happened and not reported by the news in the past. They are getting more common.

Gangs are getting bigger, younger and more disorganised

Here you go:

http://www.nuffieldfoundation.org/fi...df/summary.pdf

Or see pages 26-27 here:

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/pdfs/hors209.pdf

The culprits are getting younger, but not more in number.

But it isn't just about the "yoof" of today...

much of the street violence witnessed on week-ends appear to be committed by older age groups as well.

It may well be a triumph of perception over reality but in truth if you feel less secure then you ARE less secure.

I always come back to the feeling I get when I come home from holidays in Italy....when I'm over there I feel relatively warm and secure walking the streets of an evening; when in Dumfries I'm continually surrounded by a feeling of malevolence.

And for me personally my fears are not only perceived - I was physically attacked in broad daylight last summer walking back to the office after lunch.
Dibby

Pffft, I expect if I dig about on the internet I can find reports to contradict that. You can prove anything you like with statistics and government studies. That's not the real world.

How many high school shootings made the news in the 50's? How many have made the news in the 90's?

How many street shootings made the news back then and how many today? It's not the sort of thing the media covers up, nowadays they've given up on reporting every single shooting because there's too many to report so they concentrate on the biggies.

AO Platinum Member

County: Berkshire

We are actually thinking about moving back to the UK this summer. I saw this case on SKy last night (and I remember the earlier reporting of it) and it really does make me think twice - not so much for me, but for my kids.

However, I believe this is a widespread first world problem, it occurs to different degrees in all cultures where respect, family duty and community duty have been forgotten.

Unfortunately, our Western ideals are also now influencing the cultures of other places which though less technologically advanced are more "civilised".

But, I agree these people are scum. until serious forms of deterrent or discipline education are resurrected this will continue to get worse. For me we shouold bring back corporal punishment and national service.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayq81 View Post
Ignorant savages, i hope that they get it good and proper in prison
I hope so too, but alas they are more than likely to get Sky TV.
(Post Link) post #24 of 53 Old 28-03-08 Thread Starter

There is an increase in the violence of this type of crime but not in the number.......

i.e. there probably was as much maybe even more crimes years ago, but now there is more violence in these crimes. Thing with this story is it was totally random, no theft took place not saying it would make it less abhorrent obviously) no revenge was being carried out (i.e. they were 'dissed' or attacked because of previous run in) so it was just "oh look they look funny with black clothes and hair lets kick em in", thats whats so hard to deal with, its just ruddy odd and sick. I mean some folks would of jsut been ingnorrant and maybe shouted insults to them for being 'goths' or maybe even approached them to hurl abuse...all wrong and nasty..........but then to take it to a stage where you are actually kicking a human in the head and face and ripping out hair and doing it untill you here their last breath.............. i mean i can get all angry and suddenly start hating every scummy looking chav that walks in gangs listening to rap music on their mobiles, but it solves nothing, i don't know what the answers are obviously, but i'm fed up with reading about innocent people getting hurt or killed by these people.

The parents that are key to this....good parents bring up good kids - bad parents bring up bad kids...

There are exceptions to the rule of course....where the parents have done everything right, but the kid has for whatever reason turned bad....

All these posts do is show up the same ignorances to the problems...

Nige005: If only you knew what real horror the people of yours and my generation have done to these kids.... over half the members of a gang and failing kids on sink estates, I have talked to...would tell you something about their upbringing that would make you sick...to call yourself human.

The other half just have not been brought up in a family enviroment that we had when we were young.....

You can't say that because you were young and never got into trouble its the youth of today....its not its the parents of today - which were the youth of yesterday....that are to blame.

There are many social reasons.....most people here above the age of 30 used to have 2 parents - one would work and one would be waiting at home for them when they got home from school.

You do not have that today....

Chris
Closed Thread

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page