Lovells in Peterborough - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 9 Old 24-03-08 Thread Starter

Lovells in Peterborough

Just a quick thank you to Lovells car body repairs in Peterborough for restoring my pride and joy and making it look like new again after someone had reformed my back end at a roundabout. Thank you Lovells and well done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

mudhut

Re: Lovells in Peterborough

This must be the nicest rant I've ever read. of joy!

AO Silver Member

County: Cambridgeshire

But they are in Peterborough.. home of scummers who abuse military people in uniform!

Sorry just trying to get some rant into the post.
Regional Support
For Lincolnshire - AOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
But they are in Peterborough.. home of scummers who abuse military people in uniform!

Sorry just trying to get some rant into the post.
I'll join in this ! What about the latest news that the National Union of Teachers are banning military visits to schools. Every other group, particularly those with what most people would consider somewhat perverse views are welcomed but our armed forces are not.

Has the Rant begun ?
AO Platinum Member

County: herts

Had a great time in the Junior Leaders Regiment, Royal Armoured Corps. from sixteen, until I joined The regiment at eighteen. Part military skills, part education, with plenty of sport for good measure. Severe discipline, but character building.

Man's service with my unit brought me together with some great people who are now life long friends. Need to think hard about the fact you may have to fight, so this needs to be considered naturally, but generations of lads have done this since militia days, and continue to do so, Bless E'm all.: Great life, highly active, but obviously carries a high risk factor, which the the individual needsl to come to terms with, before signing on the dotted line. So, how do the teachers at schools that still have cadet forces incorporated with their establishments view this? Have the 'moaners' not heard of the Home Guard?
Regional Support
For Lincolnshire - AOL

Looks like the Rant failed to take off. Shame, I was looking forward to it !
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige005 View Post
I'll join in this ! What about the latest news that the National Union of Teachers are banning military visits to schools. Every other group, particularly those with what most people would consider somewhat perverse views are welcomed but our armed forces are not.

Has the Rant begun ?
Apparently teachers want to protect children from the horrors of war. I suggest telling them not to watch the news, read a paper, listen to a radio or look on t'internet is the way to go as the best way to do that. Unfortunately war is a reality and pretending it isn't is pretty patronising to children.

The old argument that armed forces unfairly target the poorer sectors of society is just reflecting a reality that the armed forces offer a salary, lodgings and often a chance to learn a trade and this will appeal more to poor young adults then someone who has parents funding 2 years of university and a gap year!

Unfortunately some people are confusing being anti war with anti military. Policiticians start wars... may be they should be the people banned from schools.
mudhut

Teachers certainly don't want to protect kids from the horrors of wars: they spend enough time studying it all in my school, have a special holocaust day to consider the plight of the gypsies and metally defective in under the Nazis and even sen paties to the WW1 trenches.

Monty has it right about the confusion between the military and war.

For my part, I just see the services as another occupation - they might as well set out their case in schools alongside other careers and job providers.

AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudhut View Post
Teachers certainly don't want to protect kids from the horrors of wars: they spend enough time studying it all in my school, have a special holocaust day to consider the plight of the gypsies and metally defective in under the Nazis and even sen paties to the WW1 trenches.
Protecting kids from the horrors of war was the reason given on the news item I listened to. Maybe it's just wars that they don't think are morally justified that they want to protect kids from... clearly the wars where we were the good guys are alright.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page