Halfwits and the internet - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

4Likes
  • 1 Post By TheGrimJeeper
  • 2 Post By Keithy
  • 1 Post By TheGrimJeeper

(Post Link) post #1 of 12 Old 23-08-17 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

County: Phnom Penh

Member car:

CRV/Jaaag

Halfwits and the internet

One of my halfwit relations has just sent me this via messenger

"Please tell all the contacts in your messenger list not to accept friendship request from james wood . He is a hacker and has the system connected to your Facebook account. If one of your contacts accepts it, you will also be hacked, so make sure that all your friends know it. Thanks. Forwarded as received.

Hold your finger down on the message. At the bottom in the middle it will say forward. Hit that then click on the names of those in your list and it will send to them"

It took me all of 30 seconds to establish that this is complete bullshizzle. Do people not have the capability to question things instead of forwarding this stupid message to everyone they know?

Firstly, why would I accept a friend request from someone I've never heard of. Secondly, wtf does
"He is a hacker and has the system connected to your Facebook account" mean?

Auto Express - six issues for a quid. Offer must end soon (and then immediately start up again).

Free poor quality torch/T-cut/I luv my VW Polo sew-on badge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: Riviera
There was a time when halfwits didn't have internet access or an email account.
Happy days!

Reply with this:

LMGTFY

And tell them to cop-the-****-on.
MalcQV likes this.
AO Platinum Member

County: Shropshire
Scary isn't it? We have 'intelligent' folks we know who have sent five or six different e-mails -each responded to with a link to snopes.com or similar - and still they keep coming in. The 'let's all buy petrol only from Tesco and topple the treasury and the government and turn us all to 'free-men' got a two-page e-mail flaming from a very well informed chap who, half way through, said "Do you honestly think Tesco have their own oil platforms?" and still they carried on.
AO Silver Member

County: Devon

Member car:

Laguna, Elgrand

James Wood?

Jimmy Wood?

Jimbo?

Woodzy.......

He's alright he is.
AO Platinum Member

County: Greater Manchester

Member car:

Office Chair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrimJeeper View Post
There was a time when halfwits didn't have internet access or an email account.
Happy days!

Reply with this:

LMGTFY

And tell them to cop-the-****-on.
I think 95% of the population should have email and FB accounts removed.
AO Platinum Member

Internet licences, perhaps?
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

Office Chair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrimJeeper View Post
Internet licences, perhaps?
ECDL FTW
Global Mod Team

Member car:

AMG C63 estate

Do you remember years ago there was the parody "This is an Irish virus, please forward on to everyone in your addressbook, then delete your computer files" joke?

Well it's real. (Without the racism bit obviously.) People are that gullible.

The other phenomenom similar is the "You can get this luxury motorhome for free, just by sharing this facebook link". Ignoring that it's clearly in America, and how the hell would they know you'd share it?

Wasn't there one a bit back claiming that Bill Gates was going to give everyone a fiver too?
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

Office Chair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazza View Post
Do you remember years ago there was the parody "This is an Irish virus, please forward on to everyone in your addressbook, then delete your computer files" joke?

Well it's real. (Without the racism bit obviously.) People are that gullible.

The other phenomenom similar is the "You can get this luxury motorhome for free, just by sharing this facebook link". Ignoring that it's clearly in America, and how the hell would they know you'd share it?

Wasn't there one a bit back claiming that Bill Gates was going to give everyone a fiver too?
FB news feed thingy is full of'em
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazza View Post
D
Yup.

Circa 1994 and fwd'd ever since.
AO Platinum Member

County: Shropshire
I have the e-mail I referred to earlier. For your entertainment I shall relate it here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Internet plonker
We are hitting 106.9p a litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced with paying £1.10 a ltr. Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol on a certain day campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT,whoever
thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join in!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take a ggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the market place not sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one) ESSO and BP.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!!

Now, don't wimp out on me at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it... .

THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all. (And not buy at ESSO/BP.) How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE RANGE.

It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell, Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc. i.e. boycott BP and Esso
Alas one of the ten who they decided to forward it on to had an e-mail address that ended in @uk.bp.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone not quite so stupid
There are many, many levels where this is complete tripe let me start:

1, ESSO and BP are definitely NOT the same company, who ever wrote this needs some serious education in the oil industry, they are direct competitors.

2, At least 70 pence per litre is tax, how on earth are we then going to get the cost down to the 69 pence a litre range, I can really see BP and ESSO selling at a loss !!

3, Who do you suppose supplies the Tescos etc. with the oil for the petrol, they are supermarkets and not oil companies so how do they get it out of the ground, think about it !!

4, Big companies make far more money out of getting the oil out the ground and refining than they do on the forecourt, if we're still using the oil they'll still make money.

5, Nobody has conditioned us to think that over £1 a litre is cheap, it's the government and their spin that lets you all think its the companies making the money, just find out how the tax is used !!

6, Do you really thing the big companies haven't got any money reserves to cope with demand fluctuations in their petrol station market ??

Please check your facts before sending out tabloid driven rubbish that actually makes people believe then can effect the forecourt price, the only way is to vote for a party who will reduce tax, and which party is going to do that ??
TheGrimJeeper and Harvo like this.
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcQV View Post
ECDL FTW
The racist b'stards!!!

MalcQV likes this.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page