Inconsiderate parking! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

16Likes

(Post Link) post #1 of 58 Old 26-07-17 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Shropshire
Garage
Inconsiderate parking!

Park over night in a relatively private car park and I thought at the time parking up against a wall, although secure may present a problem if someone park in front of me.....Nah! Surely not, we are all considerate drivers aren't we?
My car has been stuck all day in the car park as sure enough someone park not only directly in front but to my left also - Boxed in totally!!!
Been popping up to the car park every few minutes hoping someone has moved, telephone numbers left on both cars......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Cheshire
Don't you just love some people.
AO Gold Member

County: Lancashire
No chance of getting a few people together and 'bouncing' it out of the way? I've seen it done before, but obviously it needs a bit of space.
Incredibly selfish behaviour though, I'd be absolutely livid...
Leo_NL and Larry92 like this.
AO Platinum Member

County: Riviera
Rant Room: Get in there !!!
AO Platinum Member

County: West Yorkshire
Garage

Member car:

Lexus

Hope none of the offending cars get scratched.
AO Member

County: West Midlands
Scratching any vehicle regardless of how much a complete C'#% the owner maybe, should not be condoned, that's like blaming children for their parents actions!

Personally I'd acquire a friends vehicle and block them in with a contact number and take it from there. Loss of earnings etc before vehicle is moved, considering if its a private car park etc.
AO Platinum Member

County: West Yorkshire
Garage

Member car:

Lexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulies 156 View Post
Scratching any vehicle regardless of how much a complete C'#% the owner maybe, should not be condoned, that's like blaming children for their parents actions!

Personally I'd acquire a friends vehicle and block them in with a contact number and take it from there. Loss of earnings etc before vehicle is moved, considering if its a private car park etc.
Really premeditated obstruction. That's not childish at all.

Last edited by Verbout; 27-07-17 at 07:43.
AO Member

Member car:

Giulietta Veloce

Dont get me started on inconsiderate parking, my street is a complete nightmare for it. People seem intent on parking right out side their house even when it means taking up the space of two cars by their one. When space is a premium in an old Victorian terrace it can get very annoying. They only have to move forward another two steps when they get out of the car and you can get another car in the space, but it seems those two steps are way too much for their legs to manage.

Another one that really gets me. Why is it that I can park in a totally empty car park, the furthest away from the shop to avoid anyone parking next to me and thus the chance of finding a nice crease in my door. I return to my car to find someone has parked right next to me in the same empty car park when there are at least 50 other spaces they could have chosen. And to top it all they park so close they you cant squeeze a fag paper between them let alone their massive fat arse. Seems like an Alfa is a moron magnet the moment its parked in a public carpark. Theyre morons that is not us of course....
AO Gold Member

Another option would be to get the offending vehicle dragged out of the way, assuming you know someone with a vehicle capable of doing this.

So what happened Topic? Presumably you're now mobile again?
AO Member

County: Zuid Holland
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverevo View Post
Dont get me started on inconsiderate parking, my street is a complete nightmare for it. People seem intent on parking right out side their house even when it means taking up the space of two cars by their one. When space is a premium in an old Victorian terrace it can get very annoying. They only have to move forward another two steps when they get out of the car and you can get another car in the space, but it seems those two steps are way too much for their legs to manage.

Another one that really gets me. Why is it that I can park in a totally empty car park, the furthest away from the shop to avoid anyone parking nexet to me and thus the chance of finding a nice crease in my door. I return to my car to find someone has parked right next to me in the same empty car park when there are at least 50 other spaces they could have chosen. And to top it all they park so close they you cant squeeze a fag paper between them let alone their massive fat arse. Seems like an Alfa is a moron magnet the moment its parked in a public carpark. Theyre morons that is not us of course....
Both is so recognizable... even my wife (doesn't care too much as it about just a car, still keen to keep her's in good shape) sometimes is surprised about this wondering nature some of our fellow people show to have.

In this case I would either ask the police for some assistance, unlikely they'll come over though, or follow the somewhat brutal solution by Lussoman (although I've seen it in the past, I'm afraid today's mini's gained a little too much weight. Not even speaking about plastic bumpers and even fenders you can't use as a "handle-bar".

...perhaps a friendly towing service who's in for a joy?
AO Member

County: West Midlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbout View Post
Really premeditated obstruction. That's not childish at all.
Not nearly as childish as damaging someones property and may actually teach the inconsiderate person not block people in.
AO Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulies 156 View Post

It doesn't get much more confrontational than that!
There's every chance that'll result in people coming to blows; I just can't imagine everyone coming to an amicable agreement/arrangement.
Far better to have the thing man-handled out of the way and plonked in an odd/embarrassing position. With a bit of luck it may receive some suspension or brake damage that won't be immediately obvious.
AO Member

County: -
Drag their car and jam an unwrapped banana up their exhaust pipe as far as you can physically manage.
duemila likes this.
AO Member

County: -
AO Member

County: Torfaen

Member car:

Spider 2.2 LE

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulies 156;

This is the option I would have taken probably to late although one thing had crossed my mind, you say it's a private car park I am assuming you have the right to park in the carpark
AO Gold Member

Hmm. If it was a private car park and the OP doesn't live/work/have a permit there, then obviously that changes everything.
He/she would then be the inconsiderate/selfish one.
(Post Link) post #17 of 58 Old 27-07-17 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Shropshire
Garage
Got my car out at 15:30 - waited most of the day!!
The car in front vanished without trace, learnt my lesson
AO Gold Member

Ffs...
Club Member
Membro Medio

County: Landon Tan
Garage
I posted this in a different thread, I still think it could work,

I try and avoid car parks at all costs, it only works half the time, I was however thinking of starting a web site www.carparkt o ss ers or similar, where people can upload photos of crap parking, you could have ****** of the day, week month, geo locate it by area etc might make some good ad revenue, probably a stupid idea but hey
AO Platinum Member

County: Riviera
I think carparkc***s.com would be snappier.
AO Member

Member car:

Giulietta Veloce

Quote:
Originally Posted by duemila View Post

I try and avoid car parks at all costs, it only works half the time, I was however thinking of starting a web site www.carparkt o ss ers or similar, where people can upload photos of crap parking, you could have ****** of the day, week month, geo locate it by area etc might make some good ad revenue, probably a stupid idea but hey
Do it please. I'd be a regular poster. Everyone has a 'thing' right? and bad parking or inconsiderate parking is mine.
AO Platinum Member

County: Bunkerton
Dragon's Den awaits!
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulietta 150MA

If anyone has difficulty finding a parking space, just leave your car across the end of my drive. Everyone else does.
AO Platinum Member

County: Phnom Penh

Member car:

CRV/Jaaag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterzo View Post
If anyone has difficulty finding a parking space, just leave your car across the end of my drive. Everyone else does.
And mine. The other day someone parked his car right in the middle of the turning circle and managed to block 5 driveways with a Vauxhall Astra. I was so impressed I went out and shook his hand (I was going for his throat but missed).
MalcQV, duemila and Topic like this.
AO Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duemila View Post

Very odd to post that at this stage in the thread. Haven't you read it?
The OP, who was blocked in, appears to be in the wrong from the little information we've been furnished with.
Let's say someone posts a pic of the resident's car that was doing the blocking, and then people go on a witch hunt after him. He had every right to be there and presumably was only doing the blocking because an outsider was taking one of the allotted spaces and he had no space left.
I know people who live in areas with residents' parking areas, and these spaces are usually incredibly precious to them.

Past: GTV T.Spark Lusso (owned 8 years) Present: 948 Spider LE (bought Nov. '10) Future: 8C (in my dreams )
Previously (selective): Porsche 944 Turbo; Porsche 944S; Jaguar XJ6; Audi Coupe; Mark 2 Golf GTI.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Tags
inconsiderate , parking

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page