Ambulance chasers - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

Rayq81

Ambulance chasers

I had a letter today from a firm of solicitors regarding an incident on one of our vehicles.

the complainant alleges that she suffered serious tissue damage and head injuries after being thrown from the seat and landing on the floor of our bus after the driver drove recklessly and at speed, she has also suffered mental trauma as a result of the incident. The time and date of the incident was given.

All very serious, so we have just viewed the CCTV which just happens to record on every vehicle , what did we view.

A large lady boards the bus at the time and date and place of the incident sitting on the front passenger side (good thats what the letter says) eating a bag of chips, bus trundles along quite happily until said fat lady gets up at her stop and leaves the vehicle

why oh why do i now have to go to the time and effort of defending my company against a completely unfouded and unbelievable non incident, as my insurance says it still has to be dealt with through normal procedures even though said large chip eating lady is obviously a lying fraudster.
Thank god for CCTV.
I hate this claim culture we have now developed............... rant over

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: Essex
Re: Ambulance chasers

We're turning into the USA.

Good stuff you have CCTV. She can expect a nice bill from her solicitor then. You can sleep easy. The Silly cow.

Perhaps she choked on a chip as she got off. Tripped over on the kerb and then knocked herself out on the side of the bus.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

A big black car.

Lucky she didn't claim for chip spillage.
AO Member

Member car:

145 Cloverleaf

Make a complaint to the police citing an attempt to commit fraud on the part of the complainant - suggest that the complainant's solicitor is a party to conspiracy to defraud.

Write to the complainants solicitors informing them that you view them as co-conspirators and will seek to join them to the action.

Might not have a leg to stand on as far as criminal charges are concerned but it might tie them up for a half hour or so.
AO Silver Member

County: Antrim

glad she was rumbled.

i have been a passeneger in 2 minor accidents and not claimed. a fella i know had his wife and kids make claims against HIM when the family car crashed and was HIS fault. (world is crazy)

i remeber a bus crashing in a notorious part of north belfast. something like 110 claims for a 70 capacity bus (which really only had a handful on it). Was days before CCTV
Rayq81

Quote:
Originally Posted by OperationAlfa View Post
We're turning into the USA.

Good stuff you have CCTV. She can expect a nice bill from her solicitor then. You can sleep easy. The Silly cow.

Perhaps she choked on a chip as she got off. Tripped over on the kerb and then knocked herself out on the side of the bus.
She is probably with a no win no fee solicitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigredshaza View Post
Lucky she didn't claim for chip spillage.
NO she never missed one the F................

AO Platinum Member

County: Newport

This type of fraudster is becoming more common.

I would let her know about the CCTV and see what she does - dont let her see it just send a letter stating you have it on all your veichles.

If she wont let it drop she will be in schtuck with a hefty bill fro the court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt74 View Post
Make a complaint to the police citing fraud on the part of the complainant - suggest that the complainant's solicitor is a party to conspiracy to defraud.

Write to the complainants solicitors informing them that you view them as co-conspirators and will seek to join them to the action.

Might not have a leg to stand on as far as criminal charges are concerned but it might tie them up for a half hour or so.
Our insurers have intimated that they may try this angle through their legal guys

Rayq81

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPPalfa View Post
This type of fraudster is becoming more common.

I would let her know about the CCTV and see what she does - dont let her see it just send a letter stating you have it on all your veichles.

If she wont let it drop she will be in schtuck with a hefty bill fro the court.
Our insurance company have asked for a copy to send to the Ambulance chasing law firm

AO Silver Member

Member car:

A big black car.

You could report the solicitors to the Law Society (or whatever it is called).
emgee

What has the solicitor done except to act on instructions from the client? They have not seen the evidence at this time, assuming it's accurate, and it will be difficult indeed to show that they have acted in anything other than good faith with regard to the information their client gave them.

To paraphrase one of Thatcher's ex-Cabinet ministers - the solicitors are the sewer, not the sewage.

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by belfast bob View Post
a fella i know had his wife and kids make claims against HIM when the family car crashed and was HIS fault. (world is crazy)
Yeah, this is commonplace, actually its a good thing to do as you're not claiming against HIM personally, but his insurance. There was a family down my street who did this when they had a crash, they went on a cruise with the money they got, all courtesy of the insurance

It does seem kind of morally wrong to do it, even though they did suffer injuries due to the driver's negligent driving and thus deserved to be compensated.
emgee

if the injuries were real, it's OK. If they were made up, it's fraud.

Rayq81

Quote:
Originally Posted by emgee View Post
What has the solicitor done except to act on instructions from the client? They have not seen the evidence at this time, assuming it's accurate, and it will be difficult indeed to show that they have acted in anything other than good faith with regard to the information their client gave them.

To paraphrase one of Thatcher's ex-Cabinet ministers - the solicitors are the sewer, not the sewage.
This is true the solicitors are acting in good faith therefore it has to be dealt with through the correct channels, time effort, drivers statement etc etc.

AO Rosso Alfa Member

Thats so bl00dy stupid, just write back 'you lying cow, next time you eat chips on my bus your be thrown off and then some real injuries will occur'.

[email protected]
AO Member

Member car:

145 Cloverleaf

Quote:

Completely agree, but they are seemingly willing to pursue a vexatious claim up until presented with evidence to the contrary which wastes time and money and puts up costs for everyone else.

Unfortunately, too many people are seeing this kind of thing as a way of paying for the holiday, new carpet, bit of bling etc and it's being done with the collusion of lawyers.
emgee

Quote:
...until presented with evidence to the contrary...
Well, they'd need to be telepathic to do it beforehand. Litigation isn't an Oxford Union debate. It starts with the scariest letter you can manage, and then see what the other side come back with. If there's no case they should advise their client accordingly.

Also, it's unlikely there'll be any point in going after the woman with a civil action. Chances are she's skint. You'll very probably end up paying your own legal costs either way.

Rayq81

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby278278 View Post
Thats so bl00dy stupid, just write back 'you lying cow, next time you eat chips on my bus your be thrown off and then some real injuries will occur'.

[email protected]
Actually it does say no eating or drinking on this vehicle, dont know if i could get her charged (they never supplied her address which is a shame i could have sent a wreat....i mean flowers )

AO Rosso Alfa Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayq81 View Post
Actually it does say no eating or drinking on this vehicle, dont know if i could get her charged (they never supplied her address which is a shame i could have sent a wreat....i mean flowers )
Or you could have gone round there and set fire to her house.....

I'll supply the matches :evil2:
Rayq81

Quote:
Well, they'd need to be telepathic to do it beforehand.

Also, it's unlikely there'll be any point in going after the woman with a civil action. Chances are she's skint. You'll very probably end up paying your own legal costs either way.
Luckily we do protect ourselves against this although that does cost us in the long run.

AO Member

Member car:

145 Cloverleaf

and i'll chip in for a gallon of unleaded...
AO Platinum Member

County: Newport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayq81 View Post
Our insurance company have asked for a copy to send to the Ambulance chasing law firm
Well in that case, send a copy along with a bill for your time and effort in dealing with a fraudulant claim.

AO Rosso Alfa Member

Quote:
and i'll chip in for a gallon of unleaded...
Sorted! Were make a meet off it!

Everyone round together your army gear and/or black clothes and balaclava 's
Rayq81

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby278278 View Post
Sorted! Were make a meet off it!

Everyone round together your army gear and/or black clothes and balaclava 's
I love it

AO Rosso Alfa Member