Bl**dy thermostat - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 23-02-08 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Bl**dy thermostat

OK, nothing really to rant about, but I've just changed my wife's thermostat. I allowed myself 2 hours to get it done before the rugby started this afternoon, but oh no. She's got a Saab 900, and the stupid thing has a rigid coolant pipe going all the way from the pump, around the front of the engine block, up to the thermostat which needs to be removed first. Every bolt along the way was seized. Liberal quantities of plus-gas, tea, and swearing kept me moving in the right direction until the final housing bolt sheared off. I've tried more plus-gas, blow torch, chiselling, hitting, swearing, more swearing, but the b*gger refuses to budge. At the moment, having missed most of the rugby, I've admitted defeat and stuck it back together with a missing bolt and a load of hylomar. It doesn't leak, but I know it'll niggle until I fix it properly. I know I shouldn't have expected it to be easy (it's on 163K miles) but...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Darren156

Re: Bl**dy thermostat

Damn, thats no good

BUT, Do you have an Alfa? Because there are quite a few meets planned for around our way in the near future mate.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page