Lorries & Bikes!!!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 19-02-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Lorries & Bikes!!!!

This bloody morning on my way to work through central London I came across an absolute [email protected]#$%^&* on the road.

He was driving a massive yellow lorry that had no load, prob would normally carry diggers etc....I had kept my distance from this guy all through my journey and noticed other cars beeping him because of his constant weaving and him beeping others because he thought he had right of way! It came to a turning where he had to give me right of way but instead decided he wasn't and tried to cut me up and sound his horn. if it wasn't for the fact that I was prepared for this he would have crushed me because of his selfishness. I sped off and then decided I would trot along at the speed limit only to have him overtake me from the inside and cut me up leaning out calling ME a w****r!!! After an exchange of words I left eating my dust! It has been almost 3 hours since this happened and I'm still angry! I have done nothing wrong and have nearly been crushed twice and sworn at for no bloody reason!

What makes it worse is that I have also been noticing scuffs on the corner of my car that I have just worked out to be cyclists and motorbikes that weave through tarffic and touch cars with their boots or pedals! You won't even know this has happened till you park up and look out for it! Have you ever seen a motorcyclist bang on a car when in traffic telling them to make way for them? I thought Lanes were made wide enough for one vehicle?!

What is wrong with this world. Can't cyclists respect cars and can't lorries just realise once and for bloody all the streets of London just about fit cars so we need to work together and respect eachother and not fight for evey bloody inch of road on our journeys!!!!

I have no problems with cyclists, bikes and lorries so please don't get me wrong here. Lorries are very hard machines to navigate and I know cyclists feel exposed whilst riding through traffic! I am just fed up of the ones out there making life difficult for others and making commuting a nightmare. At the end of the day I want to enjoy my car and enjoy the drive! Is that possible?! What can be done to stop these nigthmares?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Surrey

Member car:

Giulietta Sprint

Re: Lorries & Bikes!!!!

Get the Tube!!
AO Platinum Member

County: Essex

I had a couple of marks from ignorant motorbikes who decided my car was a nice leaning post.. Makes me very angry.
(Post Link) post #4 of 7 Old 19-02-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Why? I pay my congestion charge. I have the same right as anyone to drive and feel safe on the streets of London! Or don't you agree with having that right?
emgee

Quote:
Originally Posted by S21DAX View Post
Have you ever seen a motorcyclist bang on a car when in traffic telling them to make way for them?
I never did it for that reason, but I remember the pleasure of sneaking up at the next inevitable traffic queue on someone who'd carved you up. Of course, they never see you coming, and a quick flat hand hard on the driver's window, and then off while they fouled themselves...

Did anyone do this to you in Bristol or London between about 1978 and 1983? Really? Well screw you!

(Post Link) post #6 of 7 Old 19-02-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OperationAlfa View Post
I had a couple of marks from ignorant motorbikes who decided my car was a nice leaning post.. Makes me very angry.
I know! It's like people don't understand that despite it being a car YES it does scratch and NO cars were not made so that people can lean on them or not worrying about scuffing the paintwork because that's just what happens if you own a car. Also just because my car doesn't mean anything to you doesn't mean I look at it in the same way!

I had a mate of mine who was given his dads car when he passed away. I think it was a Lancia. Anyway it may not have been the most glamorous car in the world but definately meant alot to him! Till it was written off by an idiot driver!
AO Platinum Member

County: Essex

I try to avoid driving in the city in rush hour. I do get the tube to work now, but that was because petrol cost me an arm and a leg.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page