"normal cars" are they all this p**s poor - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

roeburndale

Boring "normal cars" are they all this p**s poor

hi, just had the unfortunate displeasure of driving my sisters w reg 1.4 civic (needed the hatch to collect a bath for her). came back on some roads that my 156 would have loved, fast, twisty, crested but smooth . unfortunatly the civics handling was like steering a barge through treacle, i can only imagine that the steering rack is made of a composite of cotton wool & rubber . sometimes you just need to drive a ORDINARY car to make you appreciate what you are driving.
next time she can collect her own ferkin stuff

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

HSTDriver

Re: "normal cars" are they all this p**s poor

Quote:
Originally Posted by roeburndale View Post
hi, just had the unfortunate displeasure of driving my sisters w reg 1.4 civic (needed the hatch to collect a bath for her). came back on some roads that my 156 would have loved, fast, twisty, crested but smooth . unfortunatly the civics handling was like steering a barge through treacle, i can only imagine that the steering rack is made of a composite of cotton wool & rubber . sometimes you just need to drive a ORDINARY car to make you appreciate what you are driving.
next time she can collect her own ferkin stuff
The 156 steering is.......ok. Certainly not the worst I've driven, but nor the best, understeers too much on the limit, but that's more a fwd thing than an Alfa thing i'm sure.

There are plenty of so called 'normal' cars out there that outhandle and outperform a 156 with ease

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page