Crime And Punishment. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 16 Old 11-02-08 Thread Starter
Regional Support
For Lincolnshire - AOL

Crime And Punishment.

Sad person that I am have to say that I have recently watched a few episodes of Police, Camera, Action and have to say that the sanctimonious attitude that it is presented in makes my blood boil. More worrying though is the penalties handed out. A yob can pinch a car, drive recklessly with no licence and insurance and when caught gets a few hours community service and a paltry fine. Being caught once by a speed camera would probably get me a stiffer punishment.

Am I just a grumpy old man or is it time that us much put upon Middle Englanders became even more revolting than we already are ? Over to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: Newport
Re: Crime And Punishment.

No I agree - there are way to many do-gooders in this country.

My brother in law is a member of the plod squad and he gets very wound up when they actually catch someone and they get to court and they then get a 12months ban and a £200 fine - of course they cant afford anymore they are on benefits.

If they are driving without a licence / tax / mot and insurance is a ban really going to bother that person - NO 12 months with no parole may deter a few others.

AO Member

Member car:

156 Veloce

I can't stand that tw&t Alist"air" Stewart - what a c0ck. Give me Road Wars any time - that manc presenter is different class!
AO Platinum Member

County: Oxfordshire

I don't like the way speed camera's are portrayed as a good thing on there. Ok they do prevent speeding where they are located, but so to would a real live police officer. A police officer would also have discretion, and would also be able to pick up other bad driving habits, of which there are many.
AO Silver Member

County: -

Member car:

Gtv 2.0 ts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry1 View Post
I can't stand that tw&t Alist"air" Stewart - what a c0ck. Give me Road Wars any time - that manc presenter is different class!
He was also banned from driving sometime ago for Drunk Driving, and he present's that show.

No you are right.

I'm amazed how many of these cop chases end up in the perpetrator getting such a light fine. To my mind it encourages joy riding.
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadrifigolio View Post
He was also banned from driving sometime ago for Drunk Driving, and he present's that show.
Think thats why he was choosen to present the show.

AO Silver Member

County: West Yorkshire

A lot of those clips must be 20 years old. The roads are full of Sierras and Mini Metros. Talk about cheapo TV.
AO Silver Member

County: -

Member car:

Gtv 2.0 ts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPPalfa View Post
Think thats why he was choosen to present the show.
As punishment with a fat fee ?
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadrifigolio View Post
As punishment with a fat fee ?
Oh yes I'm sure he was well paid for the work but he does mention it several times - not defending the guy thoufgh as drink driving is extremely irresponsible and should be an automatic 10 year ban.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadrofoglio View Post
A lot of those clips must be 20 years old. The roads are full of Sierras and Mini Metros. Talk about cheapo TV.
Maybe it's filmed in Crewe?

AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadrofoglio View Post

These are just re-runs from decades ago, still shocking what people can do.

just imagine if you were one of those clowns now and you have a couple of kids you must be thinking I was a right t--t

AO Silver Member

County: Cambridgeshire

Road Wars is better. Very similar in the fact that you see horrendous footage of jumping red lights, driving on kerbs and general endangerment of the public by some teenage scrote.. at the end of it the announcer says "for this reckless display of driving the Valve got 200 hrs community service". What?? For attempted vehicle manslaughter?? Treat them with the same harshness as drink drivers involved in dangerous driving and lock them up.

Also makes me laugh when they say "he was fined £200 for having no insurance".... err the fine is cheaper then the average insurance premium so the incentive to get insurance is what again???".

Make it a £2000 fine stopped at source of income or benefit payment and you might actually have a deterrant!
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
Road Wars is better. Very similar in the fact that you see horrendous footage of jumping red lights, driving on kerbs and general endangerment of the public by some teenage scrote.. at the end of it the announcer says "for this reckless display of driving the Valve got 200 hrs community service". What?? For attempted vehicle manslaughter?? Treat them with the same harshness as drink drivers involved in dangerous driving and lock them up.

Also makes me laugh when they say "he was fined 200 for having no insurance".... err the fine is cheaper then the average insurance premium so the incentive to get insurance is what again???".

Make it a 2000 fine stopped at source of income or benefit payment and you might actually have a deterrant!

Spot on - what is the point of getting a licence / MOT/ Tax and insurance which will cost about 2k at the start and then around 1000 a year then on if all you get is a 200 fine.

Why do we bother, just steal a car and get on with doing what ever you want - youmay even get a free holiday in Spain to help you adjust to being a good boy.

AO Gold Member

County: West Midlands

I remember listening to Alistair Stewart describe how the Alfa they were targeting did something or other. It was a Lancia Intergale, thats how well put together it is, I suppose it was lucky it was not desribed as a BMW.

The police do have a tough job, they catch some scrote with no licence driving someone elses pride and joy down the wrong side of the road forcing people off the road, threatening innocent lives and when they catch them, the judge ( a person with no real connection to the real world) bans them from driving for a year ....hold up a minute there judgy old boy ...he hasnt got a licence.. he shouldnt be driving anyway! .... but what can we do to stop this slime walking out of court flipping society the bird with a grin whilst we get whacked for having a reg plate bulb out ? hmmmm i feel a thread coming on ...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page