Merry Christmas - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

8Likes
  • 5 Post By keithyboy
  • 2 Post By bazza
  • 1 Post By rgwm

(Post Link) post #1 of 14 Old 19-12-16 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

County: Phnom Penh

Member car:

CRV/Jaaag

Merry Christmas

About 6 months have passed since I was last active on here. I’m a little bit older, almost certainly no wiser, and a lot has happened. Some of it good, some bad, some occupying that territory in the middle that is good or bad, just really ****ing annoying.

I shall start my catharsis with a plea to Manchester’s Christmas shoppers. I, like my fellow city centre workers, always like to see huge crowds at this time of the year as we try to make constructive use of very short lunch breaks to get some dinner, go to the bank, run to Tesco for the vital ingredient for tonight’s tea etc. There are a few things you could do, however, to make our lives easier.

Firstly, when you get off a train or bus, it would help us enormously if you could just stop and stand still as soon as you step onto the footpath or platform. This enables everyone behind you to bang into each other for that Christmas touchy-feely experience.

Secondly, whilst walking around Manchester’s bustling city centre, instead of walking like a normal person with some sort of purpose and point, meander round aimlessly like a donkey with no rider. If you could couple this with abrupt stops and random changes of direction, that would be champion. If you do a complete 180 degree change of direction without looking, you will get bonus points. Having a map and holding it upside down will earn you a similar bonus.

Thirdly, if you see any homeless people (and you will), tut loudly and say how disgusting it is. For transparency, lest anyone accuse you of compassion, make a point of highlighting that it is their presence that offends, rather than their plight being a concern.

Fourthly, take an umbrella with you, even if there’s no chance of rain and you’re not going to be outside all day. See how many people you can stab with the pointy end of your umbrella. That always gives us a laugh.

Fifthly (is that a word?), once you’ve got more bags than you can carry, drag them back to the railway station. When you get there, try to get confused by the automatic barriers if possible. All you have to do is stick your ticket in the slot so try to make it as inaccessible as possible (in your purse that's lost in one of your bags, or in Madge’s handbag that she’s left in Marks’ cafe is ideal) and, if there’s a group of you, fan out to block as many gates as possible.

Sixthly, when returning to the station, try to get there after 4.30pm if you can, then build a wall across the platform with your bags to give the commuters who are willing to walk a bit further down the platform in search of personal space a bit of it’s-a-knockout obstacle based fun. When you get on the train, block up the aisles with your bags and tut loudly every time someone asks you to move them. Once the train completely fills up (and it will) and sets off (not as certain as it filling up), moan loudly about how busy it is and how inconsiderate people are for not giving up their seat for your shopping bags.

For those whom are thinking that they already do all of this, and more, I KNOW! I’M BEING IRONIC!

Auto Express - six issues for a quid. Offer must end soon (and then immediately start up again).

Free poor quality torch/T-cut/I luv my VW Polo sew-on badge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 650
County: Leicestershire
Nice rant lad
AO Platinum Member

County: Riviera
Epic.
AO Platinum Member

County: West Yorkshire
Garage

Member car:

Lexus

He's back, bless.

And they suddenly stop to speak to their partner, point to where they want to go and take someone's head off or eye out.

Last edited by Verbout; 20-12-16 at 08:03.
Global Mod Team

Member car:

AMG C63 estate

This is why I try not to go any closer to Manchester or the Trafford Centre than I have to during the period before Christmas. That period is about 3 months or so.
AO Silver Member

County: Lancashire
Garage

Member car:

159 2.4 Ti

top rantage.

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 59
Garage
fine words
AO Silver Member

County: Devon
Merry Christmas. keithyboy
AO Silver Member

County: Down

Member car:

156 1.8 Turismo

Good will to all men............wb KB
AO Platinum Member

County: Limburg
Merry Christmas to you too, KB - glad to have you back.

Rantage
AO Silver Member

County: Devon

Member car:

Laguna, Elgrand

I was going to ask a mod to take down the rant room for the poor quality rants. No need, keithyboy is back.
AO Gold Member

County: Lancashire
Merry Xmas KB

Really grateful that I gave up w**k and Xmas sh*****g years ago..........

Will actually be landing back at Ringway in almost exactly 24 hours, but chilled and relaxed.....just in time to be battered by festive storm Barbara
keithyboy likes this.
Global Mod Team

County: Suffolk
A fine rant.

Luckily I am now retired so do not have to suffer such frustrations.

I am still recently enough retired not to have become identifiable as a Christmas shopper - I do it by "stealth" i.e. away from commuting hours as I remember only too well the situations you describe.
AO Platinum Member

County: West Yorkshire
Garage

Member car:

Lexus

As Paul, I also use my powers of stealth and cunning strategic planning.....get into town as early as possible and get out again before the unwashed get out of bed.

And do it midweek, but not on a market day.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page