The Emgee Management Institute Five Step Plan never fails.
1. Think through your position carefully, and gether specific evidence relating to each case.
2. Examine your own motivations and learning styles. Identify the extent to which a clash of personalities or working styles exacerbates the problem.
3. Arrange a meeting, away from the 'phone, where these matters can be discussed in depth.
4. Agree an action plan, with a firm date for reviewing progress.
5. Burn them. Burn them good. Burn. Burn. Burn.