managers - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 15 Old 30-01-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Help managers

now iam only a young lad only 21 years old here and i understand that managers have to do their job etc etc but they way i see it is managers have to be people person.

the way i see it we do the job and they manage us not try and tell you how to do a job that they dont even know how to do them selfs ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

my boss has done this to me on more than one occasion for no reason what so ever i do what she tells me and still not good enough and she changes her mind and doesnt tell me.

i think it might just be me and have a problem with managment but this is silly now.

sorry if it didnt make any sence but iam ranting so thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Voo
AO Silver Member

County: Oxfordshire

Member car:

GT

Re: managers

I have 60 people to look after and at times it can be difficult.

I can understand your frustration though when your asked to carry out a task and then expected to know someone has changed their mind and expects you to know without them telling you.

Feel free to use one of my favorite sayings -----> "I gave up my last job as a mind reader because I was no good at it". Actually better not if your manager has no sense of humour .

Best thing you can do is speak to the manager one to one. If you feel your getting nowhere and they just won't even listen to you then take the issue to the next line manager.

Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac

The great question....which I have not been able to answer...is, What does a woman want?

Secret Squirrel #1
emgee

The Emgee Management Institute Five Step Plan never fails.

1. Think through your position carefully, and gether specific evidence relating to each case.

2. Examine your own motivations and learning styles. Identify the extent to which a clash of personalities or working styles exacerbates the problem.

3. Arrange a meeting, away from the 'phone, where these matters can be discussed in depth.

4. Agree an action plan, with a firm date for reviewing progress.

5. Burn them. Burn them good. Burn. Burn. Burn.

AO Platinum Member

County: Newport

This would depend on the manager - did they get promoted from with in the company, if so they will have the job knowledge and the ability to advise on how to make the job easier.

most managers have no idea of how to do a job if they were recruited externally but still thik they know it all and that their position will scare people.

Best thing is to have a word with her quietly and if it the situation does not improve then take the complaint to HR.

(Post Link) post #5 of 15 Old 30-01-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

thanks everyone na she was promoted but she did not do my job iam a cold caller but a damm good one at that and i have trained people before benn managment before etc but i think she fell threatened by me god knows why iam an alfa owner lol, i have sat down and nothing it ended in a big argy and now i have a meeting with her later in the afternoon and iam going to sit their and not say anything cause i actualy like my job for once lol and i enjoy speak to different people on the phone wether they are telling me were to go lol
AO Silver Member

County: Surrey

Member car:

GTV Cup No.127

If you work in a call centre there will be logs and stats of calls made and converted. If you're good at your job she won't be able to tell you that you're not as the evidence will prove otherwise.

Managers are there to manage, and should be good 'people people'.
Global Mod Team

County: Tokyo

Don't even get me going on my managers
(Post Link) post #8 of 15 Old 30-01-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Managers are there to manage, and should be good 'people people'.[/QUOTE]

amen i agree and yes their are call stats but she complains that my calls are not 10 mins long as if!! when have you ever been on a cold call for ten mins unless you were buying somthing i take 5 mins max as i want to get on to the next call ahhhhhhhhhh
AO Platinum Member

First thing is that you are entitled to representation in any meeting with a manager where any sort of disiplinary action may be involved, this can be a union rep or even just a work mate - always good to have a witness, if they try to do this with prior notice they are breaking the law to a certain extent.

Secondly - get HR involved and request that they attend this meeting if not already involved.

Be prepared to listen to her point of view but then offer your responses in a calm voice making valid points including any evidence of calls converted to sales etc.

(Post Link) post #10 of 15 Old 30-01-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

thanks guys ill let you know what happens iam hoping that nothing like a warning etc will happen just prob to talk things through lol ahh well its only work iam thinking about becoming a house husband and getting about 4 grand in beniffets
AO Platinum Member

County: Neath Port Talbot

I manage managers managers I worked my way up from the very bottom in the space of 17 years. Did it the hard way too, being O level qualified only and some further quals along the way.

Although I do not know how to do every role I am responsible for, I have worked at every level. I also actively encourage feedback from all of my team, in addition to getting to know them personally (remembering key things about each individual is an old trainer trick). My guys appreciate & respect this.

Most managers above me do not operate like this though Do as I say or JFDI is their motto

Speak to her (not by cold calling though).

Cheers,

Simon

Daily Driver FIAT Panda Cross Twinair Stunning Giulia 115 Spider Series 4 fine weather toy

Wife's Daily Brilliant Toyota GT86

AROC South Wales Section Secretary
(Post Link) post #12 of 15 Old 30-01-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

sorry lads ive given up now ive been in a meeting and now its like she is trying to fight me cause and i have to do this and this the thing is she told me to do certain things at the sodding begining and now cause they havent worked out she is blaming me and i might be getting the sack ahhhhhhhh i hate big headed people like that people how just throw their weight around
thats all i have to say

thanks
AO Platinum Member

County: Neath Port Talbot

House husband it is then

Are you not following the official company grievence procedure??

Chris
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisd_b View Post
Are you not following the official company grievence procedure??

Chris
Exactly - constructive dismisal comes to mind - contact ACAS and get some advice.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page