Parking to close. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 49 Old 23-01-08 Thread Starter
24v

Madness Parking to close.

Parked in sainsburys yesterday loads of spaces because it was the overflow car park,
I'm still sitting in my car when a ford maverick 4x4 pulls along my passenger side and parks,now i am sure the cow did not know that i was in my car until she parked,i looked at her and you could tell she was shocked to see me sitting there.

Now the best bit is when she got out i think she only opened the door
about a foot and a bit,she was really struggling to get out i kept my temper , then she brushed passed my mirror with her coat
cow,cow,cow,,
just as well i was in my car,i then parked elsewhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Gold Member

County: South Africa
Garage

Member car:

Mito QV

Re: Parking to close.

Makes me mad

Parking to close what: The garage door?

You mean parking too close, yes?
Global Mod Team

Member car:

AMG C63 estate

So she put lots of effort into not hitting your car with her door? That seems like a good thing!

People doing that drives me mad too!
AO Platinum Member

County: Essex

So did she hit the car door? Or are you upset that she cleaned your wing mirror with her coat?
AO Member

County: Berkshire

The new(ish) Sainsbury in Wantage has put in extra wide parking spaces (marked by signs showing cars with doors open wide) in their car park at the furthest point from the front entrance to the store. These are in addition to the disabled and family parking bays, and are ideal for avoiding other people and their poor parking.
(Post Link) post #8 of 49 Old 23-01-08 Thread Starter
24v

The reason why it got my back up is because she was struggling a lot to get out of her 4x4 and her 4x4 was a knacker so I'm sure if i was not in the car she would have banged the car.
not only that she parked more over to my passenger side this carpark can get around 200 cars in, and there was only around 20 cars parked in it,
I'm sure it was deliberate as i polished the car with carlack 68 it was gleaming.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul J View Post
The new(ish) Sainsbury in Wantage has put in extra wide parking spaces (marked by signs showing cars with doors open wide) in their car park at the furthest point from the front entrance to the store. These are in addition to the disabled and family parking bays, and are ideal for avoiding other people and their poor parking.

Good one Sainsbury's
HSTDriver

Succinct summary of post:

Somebody parked next to you, got out of the car with care, and went into the shop.

I don't see an issue here

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSTDriver View Post
Succinct summary of post:

Somebody parked next to you, got out of the car with care, and went into the shop.

I don't see an issue here
Prepare to have your car covered in dents and scratches then
emgee

I've come to the conclusion that the only way to lay all this door ding paranoia to rest is to give the driver and passenger doorskins a good seeing-to with a hammer before leaving the house. You can park anywhere then with complete peace of mind.

HSTDriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
Prepare to have your car covered in dents and scratches then
My car has a couple of dinks in the door panels from people opening doors onto it. Same as my previous car had, and same as the car before that. It happens. (Except in this posters case, where it DIDN'T happen)

AO Silver Member

In a Preston car park,My wife and I watched whilst two irate car owners, berated a young lady ,it turned out both of the owners cars had been badly scratched by the shoulder bag which young lady had on her shoulder.
Instead of passing the rank and file of parked cars,on path provided,she had squeezed/walked between the rows of cars,
G## knows how many more she may had done!
did not see the outcome,had paid at machine for exit.
Did not see any assault case in local paper,but there was an awful lot of abuse flying around,even I blushed.
John.

Luddite

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSTDriver View Post
My car has a couple of dinks in the door panels from people opening doors onto it. Same as my previous car had, and same as the car before that. It happens. (Except in this posters case, where it DIDN'T happen)
But I think the point he makes is that it most probably would have happened had he not been present in his car at the time.

I go to great lengths to avoid such things (and have failed). So if you're ever up this way and see a Lipari Grey Gt with a short nervous looking character in it, you can sure it will be parked at the furthest end of any supermarket, taking up two places..
AO Member

Member car:

159 jts TI

Last week in Tescos a woman left her trolley in the midlle of the car park and walked off with her shopping without a care in the world-the trolley was then moved by a gust of wind and started to run across the car park towards a Ford Focus,rapidly picking up speed-I managed to run the last 20 yards and intercepted the trolley about 2 foot from the rear nearside door.If the woman had put her trolley inside the perspex shed instead of the outside all that drama would have been avoided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raylek View Post
Last week in Tescos a woman left her trolley in the midlle of the car park and walked off with her shopping without a care in the world-the trolley was then moved by a gust of wind and started to run across the car park towards a Ford Focus,rapidly picking up speed-I managed to run the last 20 yards and intercepted the trolley about 2 foot from the rear nearside door.If the woman had put her trolley inside the perspex shed instead of the outside all that drama would have been avoided.
Don't know why Tesco don't use the quid-in-slot type bogeys like Morrisons/LIDL/Aldi. Cures that problem every time.

I love it - 100% success rate in winning a pound evry time I play
AO Member

County: Surrey

Quote:
give the driver and passenger doorskins a good seeing-to with a hammer before leaving the house.
Cue Father Ted sketch with the hammer to knock the little dent out.
emgee

Quote:
Was it just me hoping that was going to end with "...and gave it a damn good push".

The slot-released trolleys tend to be in town centres, they don't bother in more distant areas. They also take 1 Euro coins. You can make a small profit on the way out should somebody give you the quid rather than walk to the trolley store as happens sometimes.

(Post Link) post #20 of 49 Old 23-01-08 Thread Starter
24v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
But I think the point he makes is that it most probably would have happened had he not been present in his car at the time.

I go to great lengths to avoid such things (and have failed). So if you're ever up this way and see a Lipari Grey Gt with a short nervous looking character in it, you can sure it will be parked at the furthest end of any supermarket, taking up two places..
Will Thanks that is the point I'm getting at. ''HSTdriver ''end of the day i work hard for everything i own there where no need for such crap parking ,if she parked on my drivers side i would have said something because i dont want to struggle out of my car when there is 150 plus spaces.
it is the same with my job if a driver is in a rush he dumps the trailer to close to another trailer,the side we wind the landing legs up,yes we can lift the trailer then pull it out of the bay,but any body else who then parks there trailer along side'' it will throw all the trailers out of sink, i have no time for sh..t parking .
I'm sure if she did dent my car it would of ended up with a slagging match because half of these type of people won't pay up,so it would of come out of my pocket.
Also i dont think i would want you parking at the side of my car because you seam proud of your dents,i'm not one who thinks I'm better than the next person or against someone who drives a basic car,
but she did not even put the ford in the centre of the bay ,
it's laziness or pure ignorants also it does not give her the right to brush past my car lucky for me it was not her zip or studs of her jeans.
AO Member

Member car:

159 jts TI

I always park my way out in the 'wilderness' in a car park,50 yards or so away from the next car just be safe from dents and dings but the number of times you come back to the car some plonker has parked their car right next to mine-why?.
AO Member

County: Berkshire

Quote:
I always park my way out in the 'wilderness' in a car park,50 yards or so away from the next car just be safe from dents and dings but the number of times you come back to the car some plonker has parked their car right next to mine-why?.
Because your car is very attractive.
HSTDriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24v View Post
Will Thanks that is the point I'm getting at. ''HSTdriver ''end of the day i work hard for everything i own there where no need for such crap parking ,if she parked on my drivers side i would have said something because i dont want to struggle out of my car when there is 150 plus spaces.
it is the same with my job if a driver is in a rush he dumps the trailer to close to another trailer,the side we wind the landing legs up,yes we can lift the trailer then pull it out of the bay,but any body else who then parks there trailer along side'' it will throw all the trailers out of sink, i have no time for sh..t parking .
I'm sure if she did dent my car it would of ended up with a slagging match because half of these type of people won't pay up,so it would of come out of my pocket.
Also i dont think i would want you parking at the side of my car because you seam proud of your dents,i'm not one who thinks I'm better than the next person or against someone who drives a basic car,
but she did not even put the ford in the centre of the bay ,
it's laziness or pure ignorants also it does not give her the right to brush past my car lucky for me it was not her zip or studs of her jeans.

Parking spaces in this country are very small, our cars have grown bigger. It's an issue that is not going to go away, in fact, it's going to get worse.
There are ways to get around it to a certain extent (park at the back of the car park where nobody else does.)

But my point is that it's nothing worth having a coronary over. If people think it is, then that's really their own lookout. I find you enjoy life a lot more if you stop worrying about petty things.

mikebrown

people parking next to you in car parks...whatever next...

AO Member

County: Northumberland

Came out of work tonight and someone in a 57 plate Citroen had parked so close I couldn't get in my drivers door. Must have known they were too close as they went to the trouble of folding in their wing mirror! ******!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page