Keegan. MAKE IT STOP - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

emgee

Keegan. MAKE IT STOP

Aarrrrgggghhhhhhhh. I'm sick to death of Keegan's glassy stare and tedious monotone every time I turn the bleedin' telly on.

So some failing football club has recruited some flaky has-been. Whoopeedoo. Is there nothing happening, anywhere, you can report?

Even the shed burglaries and human interest stories about Old Fred's difficulty getting the right sealing tape for his colostomy bag in the Rochdale area on the local news are starting to sound interesting by comparison.

Please. I beg you. Make it stop.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Global Mod Team

Member car:

AMG C63 estate

Re: Keegan. MAKE IT STOP

But the media have to build it up as massively as possible, because they actually think he's going to fail.
So they need to prepare so that when it happens, they can truly destroy him.
I do love journalists...
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 147 1.6TS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazza View Post
But the media have to build it up as massively as possible, because they actually think he's going to fail.
So they need to prepare so that when it happens, they can truly destroy him.
I do love journalists...
Agree with u 1000%

Apart from those emotional Newcastle fans I'm pretty sure we all know this is heading towards a big downfall
AO Silver Member

"BUILD THEM HIGH"
knock them down slowly,sell newspapers,
I detest them.
John.t.l.
Global Mod Team

Member car:

AMG C63 estate

Mind you, putting yourself into the Toon mindset, I actually think it's a good decision.
It'd require a miracle to make them truly top-4 competitive, but what can be done, and will probably satisfy them, is to make them play entertainingly.
It might not win them any more games, but you know that Keegan will do that.
My Newcastle supporting mate is ecstatic about it. He just wants their game to be interesting to watch. (He should do - he drives 400 miles to watch every home game!)

I, like most people, thought he was atypical of Newcastle fans, as they appear to want success at all costs, but he claims that's a media misrepresentation - they just want a manager who will make them play attractive football. If that's the case, they've got the right man.
As big a mess as they're in at the moment, what do they truly need to be a decent team? Two full-backs and a decent central defender. Maybe a more creative central midfielder.

Seen an offensive/spam post? Report it! Click the or button next to the post.
AO Rules - AO Gallery - AO Classified adverts - AO Club - AO Traders

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

"You know, sometimes the world seems like a pretty mean place."
"That's why animals are so soft and huggy."
- Calvin and Hobbes

To err is human, to moderate ursine.
HSTDriver

Quote:
As big a mess as they're in at the moment, what do they truly need to be a decent team? Two full-backs and a decent central defender. Maybe a more creative central midfielder.
And since when did Keegan ever scour the transfer market looking for full backs and a centre half?

AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

How many top 4 teams can there be ?
AlfaLincs

You are an ungenerous lot. Good luck to the geezer say I, even if a smarmy geordie property developer on the make has made my life a bit difficult this week..the wife gave him a piece of her mind...and the telephone nearly melted.

(he started work on a property, badly disturbing guests in our holiday cottage and he hadn't issued the statutory work notices to us as a neighbour to work on a party wall, so we had no knowledge of the disturbance..and we would not have let our house had we known..it is off season after all, but I'm ****ed off that our guests had their long looked forward to break in the dales ruined by his arrogance)

Sorry, nothing to do with Kev Keegan...but its a RANT..which is far more important in the rant room

AlfaLincs

Global Mod Team

Member car:

AMG C63 estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSTDriver View Post
And since when did Keegan ever scour the transfer market looking for full backs and a centre half?
There is that. That's why I said he'd be exciting, but not necessarily successful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by howell811 View Post
How many top 4 teams can there be ?
Well it varies doesn't it? Currently, there are only 3.

Oh, Emgee - sorry, I appear to have turned this into yet more talking about Keegan. How ironic
AO Platinum Member

County: Newport

I wish the guy well but he is doomed to be sacked but at least he will top his pension fund up by a few million.

Attractive football will only keep the fans happy for a while then they will want to win - otherwise they would be happy if Newcastle were in Div 2 but playing good attractive football and losing 4 - 3 every week.

I think not.

AO Platinum Member

County: Greater Manchester

Quote:
My Newcastle supporting mate is ecstatic about it. He just wants their game to be interesting to watch. (He should do - he drives 400 miles to watch every home game!)
No doubt he's another of those "local" fans who love to call Man Utd fans for not living in Manchester!

Heard a fan's email on TalkSport tonight. "0-0! Rubbish game. He's had long enough. Keegan Out!"
Global Mod Team

Member car:

AMG C63 estate

To be fair, he's 'of Georgdie decent'.
Quite amusing actually, he doesn't have a trace of Geordie accent, apart from when he's around other Geordies, or if he gets a bit excited about something (not that I'd know ) at which point it starts to creep in.
AO Silver Member

County: -

Member car:

Gtv 2.0 ts

Put it this way..if you were offered xx million's to manage the team and knew it would end up with the spanish archer ( el-bow ) you would still take the job as you would still be quid's in poisoned challice or not all the best to the bloke.
AO Gold Member

County: West Midlands

one of the best football seasons I can remember ever, was the one where Newcastle were 10/12 points ahead and lost it, the match with Liverpool when Collymore got a hatrick was fantastic. They brought in Asprilla who was unpredictable (good and bad) Ginola was on top of his game, Shearer was superb. But most of all it was edge of the seat, thrilling football.

I am not a Toon fan, but most neutrals wanted Newcastle to win that year as they were fresh, exciting and shook the pack up a bit.
I can not blame anyone from remembering those days and wishing to re-create that excitement.

I hope he does it (and finishes second to Villa )
AO Silver Member

County: Berkshire

Member car:

159 2.4 Ti

The game's moved on since Keegan was there ten years ago, and he hasn't. Any Man City fans on this board will doubtless be shaking their heads wondering what all the fuss is about.
robk147

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwood79 View Post
The game's moved on since Keegan was there ten years ago, and he hasn't. Any Man City fans on this board will doubtless be shaking their heads wondering what all the fuss is about.
Yep. I wish KK well as he provided the best football I have seen at City in his first season (in the Championship). But towards the end when he no longer had the momentum he didn't have a clue how to turn it around tactically and his enthusiam had gone.

He needs a lot of money to be successful, sadly he signed a lot of ex-England has-beens for City who didn't work out which pretty much finished him off. The Man City chairman walked out over Keegan's insistence on signing Robbie Fowler despite the medical report showing he was a crock.

Good to see him back in football as it will certainly be interesting to see what happens but the hype is completely over the top!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page