Chipboard flooring - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

EddieGTA

Chipboard flooring

What bright spark came up with that for an idea eh??? especially in a bloody kitchen

I have lived here nearly a year now, and in that entire time it has been a never ending fight to get the bloody washing machine on the level. Trouble is I am pretty sure at some time in the past there has been a spill and the floor is !$&ed the result being the washing machine sets the floor bouncing.

Thought I had it as good as could be, one spin fine then final spin and wondering whether it will end up in the flat below.

Arrrgh!!! Whatever happened to building things properly rather than on the cheap.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

emgee

Re: Chipboard flooring

And it's a complete bsrd to lift a section to get at the wiring etc. And it never really goes down properly after. It is the tool of Satan.

Your best solution is to wear dsposable Tyvek clothes only. You could tell the neighbours you're into nuwave-electro, or are from a distant planet (they may well think so already, who am I to say?). You can use the space where the washer used to be sto store beer.

EddieGTA

Thanks emgee, liking the idea of beer storage

You are right only satan would lay a floor that is not going to last 10 years and put a bloody stud wall on top of it

AO Platinum Member

County: herts

Three storey town house here, with the kitchen over the lounge! Know what you mean, ours vibrates merrily away, on the high spin settings.

I have been meaning to lift the floor covering, and chipboard panels to put a few 'noggins' between the joists, but I really can't be fazzed with it at the mo'
AlfaLincs

I've had to chop enough of the stuff up to lay pipework, Its horrible, turns to porridge when it gets wet. The damn builders build partition walls on top of it, and as other have said, you can NEVER get it back down again properly.

Hate the damned stuff

AlfaLincs

emgee

I've resorted to cutting access holes in it, after seeing a professional sparky do the same. Goes back OK then with a couple of bits of wood under the hole and fixed either side to support it.

AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

Work on a lot of new builds, it's all about cost. One of the main problems over time with the chip board floor is they nail the boards down rather than screw. Over time the nails come loose creating creaking floors . Had to go round mine with a hammer about a month ago.
AO Platinum Member

County: herts

As 811 says, screwed down for a firm fix.: The T&G ones I used in our previous residence, were fine, never had a murmur from them.: Builders quick fix methods!!!Argh!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page