Thieving b'sturd - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 23 Old 05-01-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Antrim
Not Happy Thieving b'sturd

Some light-fingered urchin has made off with all 4 valve caps.Brand new wheels,so nice bright shiny caps must have caught thier eye!Pretty sure it happened at work,and luckily the yard is covered by no less than 8 cctv cams,so hopefully I'll catch the culprit.Why would anyone risk getting the sack over £2 valve caps!If he's that hard up I would lend him the money to buy some.Hate thieving,even if the items nicked aren't worth much.They aren't yours so leave them alone!!!Of now to buy a set of locking caps,probably Alfa ones.Is that sad?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Alfa Romeo 147 GTA + Alfa Romeo 156 GTA Sportwagon + Guillietta 150 Super Veloce
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria
Re: Thieving b'sturd

Theiving *******s! Were they just cheapo black ones or fancy metal ones?
(Post Link) post #3 of 23 Old 05-01-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Nice shiny metal ones!Just paid £4 for 4 new ones
AO Member

Member car:

159 jts TI

A few years back I had a MINI which came with the metal caps.To stop them being nicked I use to tighten tham up with a pair of pliars.It did the job.But one day in retaliation for not being able to nick the caps some [email protected] had put broken glass under 2 of the tyres so as to puncture the tyres as I drove off!.The last BMW I had I replaced the metal caps with plastic ones just to save the hassle.
Club Member
Membro Premio

When I bought my JTD it had metal caps that had gone rusty! All but 1 were replaced with plastic caps, the other had seized on and that tyre looked decidedly low. Cost me a tenner to get a new valve fitted, needless to say a plastic cap went in its place

ive always thought metal dustcaps are a bit sad . and to steal them? well thats just pathetic
AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

Magpies !!!!! They'll nick anything shiny.
AO Platinum Member

County: Durham

Member car:

I used to have 4 metal Alfa Romeo ones till 2 of them were stolen by my old next door neighbours kid
emgee

I heard about someone who kept getting his VW badge nicked, way back when it was fashionable to wear them. This guy was a postdoctoral research assistant in a biochemistry lab, and smeared huis replacement one with a phorbol ester (a carcinogen).

Don't try this at home.

Global Mod Team

County: Suffolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by emgee View Post
I heard about someone who kept getting his VW badge nicked, way back when it was fashionable to wear them. This guy was a postdoctoral research assistant in a biochemistry lab, and smeared huis replacement one with a phorbol ester (a carcinogen).

Don't try this at home.

That's not funny.
emgee

I never suggested it was.

Club Member
Membro Premio

Quote:
Originally Posted by emgee View Post
I never suggested it was.
Serves 'em right though, theiving gits. No sympathy here
AO Platinum Member

County: Surrey

People wil nick anything nowadays
AO Platinum Member

County: Gloucestershire

Just pathetic. Sorry to hear of the inconveinience
Darren156

Sorry about this mate, it sucks when stuff gets nicked,

We actually get given these for free at work by our main tyre company we use, we are a truck rental company so need ALOT of them.

Don't get me wrong, they aren't to the caliber of the ones available at Halfords, but they still look good and I can just replace them for free if they get stolen.

Luckily though I live in a great area and this hasn't happened so far, touch wood.

Then again, having said that, I got some with my new alloy wheels a few years back and worked at Tesco at the time. Came back out one day to find both the drivers side caps missing.

For the rest of my time there I was looking at the kids bikes when they left them outside looking for my missing caps,

Global Mod Team

County: Tokyo

Sorry to hear about the theft

Got my metal dust caps nicked some years ago whilst on the car park at work. The car I had at the time came with them on and I guessed they wouldn't last long before someone robbed them. But some good news here - first time it happened our security guard caught them and called plod ( they had loads of them in their pockets as they where going round our car park taking all the metal ones off ). Cause they were kids they just were told to behave and sent on their way. After a few months and during the next school holiday I wasn't so lucky and the theiving little sods can and robbed them again - I just stuck some of them black plastic ones on as it just isn't worth replacing them with the metal ones as I'll just keep providing them with metal dust cap stock. I'm sure I've seen locking metal dust caps on the internet though ( maybe on ebay not sure ) - maybe worth a check if you prefer metal dust caps.
Darren156

As long as you have a matching set of black plastic ones they can look alright anyway, when people look at the chrome ones they just think 'How long before they get stolen?'.

I'd never buy a set of locking dust caps either, that's just insane as they'll probably get annoyed when they cant take them off and kick your car in instead.

The *******s!

AO Silver Member

County: Surrey

Member car:

GTV, RCZ, KTM

Some ******* nicked a bit of my sons climbing frame, they must have gone into the back garden, unbolted it and left. Nothing else touched just this one little bar, maybe they needed one for their climbing frame, ******s though since we only had it about 2 weeks before it was gone.
(Post Link) post #20 of 23 Old 07-01-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Thats unbelievable! Connect it up to the mains at night,but don't forget when your son wants to play on it!!
AO Platinum Member

County: herts

I had a set of valves fitted, with new Avon Turbospeeds a while back now, on my Lannie'. The tyre man said they were 'racing' valves and they had 10mm caps, which I nipped up with a small 1/4" drive socket. Saw kids trying to unscrew them with their fingers, who ran off when I appeared. Never lost any by theft, but had to keep that 1/4 socket in the boot.:
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

156 2.5 v6

We had a double swing set for the kids in the front garden at our old house. Some theiving Cnut came into the garden at some point and stole one of the swings and the attachments that fix it to the frame. They would have needed tools and at least 10-15 minutes to do this. The kids had to take it in turns to use the swing, there were a few tears which made me insane with rage lol. I'm so glad I didn't catch them, I very nearly did time the last time I caught someone red handed stealing something from me. There was talk of him getting damages from me

Let us know the outcome of the cctv cams Alfa Man.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Owning an Alfa is not a matter of life or death...... It's much more important than that.
Rayq81

Lost the caps on my ti wheels within a week, bought the Alfa locking caps, went to Paisley for the weekend and came back minus the locking caps........... :ANYWORD:

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page