Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

 
Thread Tools
(Post Link) post #1 of 23 Old 03-01-08 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
Nicky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Surrey
Posts: 3,269
Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack

I don't know the premise of this new Big Brother concept, but I can be pretty damn sure I'm not going to like it. Especially considering it looks set to completely dominate Channel 4's schedule - as usual - for however long it's on.

Why must they insist on producing this garbage and ramming it down our throats at every opportunity?
Nicky is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: Tentatively treading
AO Platinum Member
 
Hamster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: Gloucestershire
Posts: 15,686
Re: Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack

I'll join you on this mission to not like it
Hamster is offline  
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,301
Re: Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
I don't know the premise of this new Big Brother concept, dominate Channel 4's schedule - as usual - for however long it's on.

Why must they insist on producing this garbage and ramming it down our throats at every opportunity?
" Its beyond me" Nicky
I switch it off,then I`m abit of a nerd,never watch any of the soaps,
Find my life colourful without the t.v.`s renditions of what life is all about.
John.T.L.
ludite is offline  
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: Berkshire
Posts: 2,135

Member car:

159 2.4 Ti

Re: Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack

Was informed today that the flatmate of someone I know is on it.

Which of course gives me another reason not to watch the load of sh1te it will inevitably be.
jonwood79 is offline  
Status: bacon
AO Platinum Member
 
ACAPULCO AL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: United Kingdom
County: Greater Manchester
Posts: 29,280
Re: Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack

who's on it this year?

i'm not even remotely interested, other than so i can arrange for their houses to be burnt down
ACAPULCO AL is offline  
Status: PSN ID: Jack155Q4
AO Gold Member
 
AlfaJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: United Kingdom
County: Kent
Posts: 6,919

Member car:

1993 Alfa 155 Q4

Re: Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack

Sorry, im not a big brother fan, I generally watch the first one to see what freaks go in as I did with tonight's. Glad I did, it was hilarious, Matt Lucas is brilliant. Looking forward to the Jimmy Carr night!
AlfaJack is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
EcosseOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Australia
County: Victoria
Posts: 893

Member car:

Nada at the mo!!

Re: Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack

Quite why anyone would want to watch a bunch of unfufilled nobodies/misfits live in a house 24/7 is beyond my rationale
EcosseOz is offline  
Status: Molto felice
AO Rosso Alfa Member
 
Gibbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: United Kingdom
County: Bristol
Posts: 54,872
Re: Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack

So I take it we're not invited round your house then



Gibbo is offline  
Status: -
AO Gold Member
 
badgers_nadgers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: United Kingdom
County: Dorset
Posts: 7,154

Member car:

156 GTA SW

Re: Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
Especially considering it looks set to completely dominate Channel 4's schedule - as usual - for however long it's on.
Actually, this year it's all on E4. I watched the very first five minutes, but wasn't sure about the concept, so gave up on it.
badgers_nadgers is offline  
Status: Zoe FTW
AO Rosso Alfa Member
 
baby278278's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Essex
Posts: 46,602
Re: Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack

Bl00dy big brother
baby278278 is offline  
Status: Back in a Quad
AO Platinum Member
 
OperationAlfa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Essex
Posts: 23,457
Re: Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack

Big Brother = CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP and CRAP. Can't stand it.
OperationAlfa is offline  
EddieGTA
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
I don't know the premise of this new Big Brother concept, but I can be pretty damn sure I'm not going to like it. Especially considering it looks set to completely dominate Channel 4's schedule - as usual - for however long it's on.

Why must they insist on producing this garbage and ramming it down our throats at every opportunity?
It's cheap crap TV that fills enough time that they don't have to make decent TV, and what's worse is people watch it
 
paintergirl
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack

I used to watch it, at the start, but now it's a BIG turn-off - in all senses of the word!

In fact I watch very little TV these days - usually only from 9pm onwards and then stuff on my HD
 
Status: -
AO Platinum Member
 
Gary Slegg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: North Wales
Posts: 16,710
Re: Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack

I think its time they laid the Big Brother format to rest...
Gary Slegg is offline  
Status: 159 Hunted......
AO Platinum Member
 
dpat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cheshire
Posts: 32,436
Re: Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack

garbage
dpat is offline  
Status: -
AO Platinum Member
 
Ralf S.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The land that Time forgot
Posts: 13,116
Re: Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack

What..? BB or what Gary said..?

Ralf S.
Ralf S. is offline  
Status: -
AO Platinum Member
 
Gary Slegg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: North Wales
Posts: 16,710
Re: Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf S. View Post
What..? BB or what Gary said..?

Ralf S.
Probably both
Gary Slegg is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
dunk4230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 83

Member car:

Alfa 156 2.0ts

Re: Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack

If the people that vote stopped voting,Then the TV company`s would have to pull the plug,As they would have no bloody money to keep it going,I mean every year there is someone bleating on saying there vote didn`t go through but it still cost them 50p,How many times did that 1 person actually vote more than once i`ll bet
dunk4230 is offline  
HSTDriver
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack

It provides maximum income, for minimal outlay, and the general public lap it up.

To a TV company, it's pure gold.

I'd rather have my eyelids stapled shut
 
Status: Broken again...
AO Platinum Member
 
GhostyDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Right Side O The Pennines
County: West Yorkshire
Posts: 25,672
Re: Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack

don't watch it then, whats so hard about that?
GhostyDog is offline  
Status: frenzied burrowing
AO Platinum Member
 
Fraser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: United Kingdom
County: South Lanarkshire
Posts: 19,680
Re: Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack

On the basis of this thread, very few people like it. But somebody must watch it.

Come-on - own up. I know you're lurking

Fraser is offline  
HSTDriver
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
On the basis of this thread, very few people like it. But somebody must watch it.

Come-on - own up. I know you're lurking

I've often wondered who watches it, because I've never met anybody who holds their hands up and admits it, but as you say, someone is obviously keeping it going


I'll make a wee admission, I DID watch the first series (with that 'Nasty Nick' bloke) but haven't watched it since. I promise
 
EddieGTA
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack

I know a couple of people that get totally hooked on it

I remember flicking through the channels and seeing the live bit on E4 in the early morning, just night vision cameras on a bunch of sleeping morons... WOW!
 
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome