Alfa Romeo Forum banner

January/February 2017 Detailing Competition Entries

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ChrisH77 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
Anyone for February, not currently great weather for washing/detailing though ;)

#4 · (Edited)
First wash & clean of 2017 for the brera

Cleaned the wheels first with Simoniz Alloy Wheel Cleaner then washed the body with Auto Glym Shampoo Conditioner, rinsed and dried.
Next up was a coat of Auto Glym Super Resin Polish to the bodywork and a clean inside and out of the glass with Auto Glym Glass Polish and a full clean of the interior.
Last stage was a coat of Auto Glym Extra Gloss Protection.:beer:

#5 · (Edited)
I have been cleaning the 159 every couple of weeks, when the weather forecast says it will be dry for at least a few days. But noticed the winter has accelerated the paint removal from the nearside front wheel arch. So a mini-project to rub down, primer, paint with Chipex Alfa Red, and finish with HD Lacquer left over from refurbishing wheels. As I had the Chipex out, I also filled 20 or so chips on front nearside in front of the wheel, rear door, rear bumper and bonnet. The 100 or more others across the front of the front bumper will have to wait for another warm day (look closely at lower left of engine bay pic and you see what I mean). Meanwhile, to fill the wait between coats of lacquer, I gave the engine bay a good wipe over, to restore that "low mileage" look. Then, because it rained while I was out yesterday, washed the body and wheels all over again. Products mostly Autoglym, with some Halfords etc where it's not so important.

Pics: before and after of the wheel arch, one of the engine bay, two of a nice shiny 159... all ready to get wet and filthy tomorrow.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.