Solution to car park problems - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Poll Room You got it, just random polls in here

View Poll Results: Solution to car park problems.
Happy to pay for secure parking. 16 61.54%
Solution should be provided free. 8 30.77%
Bad idea, happy as it is. 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

kevjtd

Solution to car park problems

We all suffer with the problems of where to park in Supermarkets to stop from getting dents and scrapes . I have come up with maybe the solution, we just need to proove that We need it and then the Supermarkets should be only too willing to oblige? They provide dedicated parking slots for mother & toddlers and for the disabled so we know they can change things. My idea is this, what if they created an area where each space was individually cordened off with a small barrier between each space thereby creating little 'garages' . No more car doors flung open into your pride and joy. 'They will never go to that expense for us' I hear you say, maybe not if we expected them to do it off there own backs, but what if they charged say 50p to use the space? I know I would happily pay it just for the peace of mind, and the Supermarkets get money back for the trouble. Also if you know you can park securely at a given place wouldn't you shop there all the time instead of risking it at another store? thereby giving the store added sales. As far as I can see its a 'win-win' situation. If we get a positive response I will try and get in touch with the customer care departments of the likes of Tesco etc to see what they think. surely its a 'no-brainer'? Please post your choice and we will see how it goes. Any more ideas to add would be great too

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

mikebrown

Re: Solution to car park problems

maybe we could get em to polish it whilst its parked....

kevjtd

not get much of a job for 50p though

mikebrown

for 50p i would expect a polish, valet and engine steam clean...

kevjtd

guess you fall into the 'happy as it is' crowd then mike fair enough, vote if you want to

AO Platinum Member

County: Neath Port Talbot

We have car park valeting at out Tescos. You can leave it with them and they do a good job. Clean & shiny when your shop is done. Used it about three times. Personally, I'd pay a quid to know my car is safe at the supermarket and in a decent sized space.
kevjtd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squadrone Rosso View Post
We have car park valeting at out Tescos. You can leave it with them and they do a good job. Clean & shiny when your shop is done. Used it about three times. Personally, I'd pay a quid to know my car is safe at the supermarket and in a decent sized space.
agree with that, just thought 50p a good starting point, worthwhile for everyone

AO Silver Member

County: Bedfordshire

When i'm at the supermarket i always park as far from the main door 'as is safe' in the quiet area where you can always get a space with nobody on either side. It was obsession at first but now it's just habit. The frustrating thing is though - No matter how quiet the car park or how far away from the main door you park, some ***** always comes and parks right next to you!

In other situations I always try and find an end space and get as close to the wall/barrier, and as far away from the next space, as possible.

I don't have kids but quite often i just park in parent and child spaces anyway and open my door as wide as possible (because i can). There is nobody monitoring the carpark of my local SM, and you aren't required to display a badge. Who's to prove that you didn't turn up with little Johnny only for him to go off with his grandad who you bumped into while shopping? Also I quite often take my mum to the supermarket with me. Define 'Parent and Child!'

I answered, yes, I would pay for the peace of mind.
kevjtd

Quote:
Originally Posted by gil_147 View Post
When i'm at the supermarket i always park as far from the main door 'as is safe' in the quiet area where you can always get a space with nobody on either side. It was obsession at first but now it's just habit. The frustrating thing is though - No matter how quiet the car park or how far away from the main door you park, some ***** always comes and parks right next to you!

In other situations I always try and find an end space and get as close to the wall/barrier, and as far away from the next space, as possible.

I don't have kids but quite often i just park in parent and child spaces anyway and open my door as wide as possible (because i can). There is nobody monitoring the carpark of my local SM, and you aren't required to display a badge. Who's to prove that you didn't turn up with little Johnny only for him to go off with his grandad who you bumped into while shopping? Also I quite often take my mum to the supermarket with me. Define 'Parent and Child!'

I answered, yes, I would pay for the peace of mind.
cheers gil, seems you do what most of us do, would be nice if we didn't have to worry

AO Silver Member

Garage

Happy to Pay. If the spaces were bigger to start with it wouldn't be such a problem,the Super markets are just trying to cram as many cars in as possable. 50p to park your car isn't going to compensate for someone not doing £30 worth of shopping.
AO Platinum Member

County: Cheshire

happy to pay as long as it's a reasonable amount and they take responsibility if anything happens my car while parked there.
AO Platinum Member

I'd pay a small amount if it meant less dents in my car
AO Member

If I don't have the kids with me I will park in a far flung corner of the car park and is it just me or do others park with the white line under the car ?
AO Rosso Alfa Member

County: Bristol

Errr.... other

Asda in Dunstable charge £1 for parking but you get it refunded if you present the ticket when you pay for your shopping. I like this idea

kevjtd

bit disapointed to get 148 views but only 22 votes just the same 22 people looking back thought more of us had problems with parking, maybe not as bad as i thought

AO Platinum Member

County: West Yorkshire

I just park over 2 spaces, i've had my car molested more than once and I couldn't give a rat's ass about anyone else anymore. I also spent a considerable amount of money earlier in the year having practically thew whole car undented and resprayed.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Poll Room

Tags
car , park , problems , solution

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page